Accuracy of past projections of US energy consumption
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Linderoth, Hans, 2002. "Forecast errors in IEA-countries' energy consumption," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 53-61, January.
- Hans H. Landsberg, 1985. "Energy in Transition: A View from 1960," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-18.
- Shlyakhter, Alexander I. & Kammen, Daniel M. & Broido, Claire L. & Wilson, Richard, 1994. "Quantifying the credibility of energy projections from trends in past data : The US energy sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 119-130, February.
- McCalla, Alex F & Revoredo, Cesar L., 2001. "Prospects for global food security: a critical appraisal of past projections and predictions," 2020 vision discussion papers 35, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hillard G. Huntington, 1994. "Oil Price Forecasting in the 1980s: What Went Wrong?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-22.
- Stephen K. McNees, 1992. "How large are economic forecast errors?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jul, pages 25-42.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frank Jotzo, 2006. "Quantifying uncertainties for emission targets," Economics and Environment Network Working Papers 0603, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Suganthi, L. & Samuel, Anand A., 2012. "Energy models for demand forecasting—A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 1223-1240.
- Connolly, D. & Lund, H. & Mathiesen, B.V. & Leahy, M., 2010. "A review of computer tools for analysing the integration of renewable energy into various energy systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(4), pages 1059-1082, April.
- Auffhammer, Maximilian, 2007.
"The rationality of EIA forecasts under symmetric and asymmetric loss,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 102-121, May.
- Auffhammer, Maximilian, 2005. "The Rationality of EIA Forecasts under Symmetric and Asymmetric Loss," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt2ts415ts, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Fischer, Carolyn & Herrnstadt, Evan & Morgenstern, Richard, 2009.
"Understanding errors in EIA projections of energy demand,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 198-209, August.
- Fischer, Carolyn & Herrnstadt, Evan & Morgenstern, Richard D., 2008. "Understanding Errors in EIA Projections of Energy Demand," Discussion Papers dp-08-54, Resources For the Future.
- Aydin, Gokhan, 2014. "Modeling of energy consumption based on economic and demographic factors: The case of Turkey with projections," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 382-389.
- Liao, Hua & Cai, Jia-Wei & Yang, Dong-Wei & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2016. "Why did the historical energy forecasting succeed or fail? A case study on IEA's projection," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 90-96.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:7:p:874-:d:103042 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:10:p:1453-:d:112757 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:appene:v:202:y:2017:i:c:p:597-617 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huntington, Hillard G., 2011. "Backcasting U.S. oil demand over a turbulent decade," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5674-5680, September.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:3:p:576-:d:133184 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gilbert, Alexander Q. & Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2016. "Looking the wrong way: Bias, renewable electricity, and energy modelling in the United States," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 533-541.
- Michel, David, 2009. "Foxes, hedgehogs, and greenhouse governance: Knowledge, uncertainty, and international policy-making in a warming World," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 258-264, February.
- Laha, Priyanka & Chakraborty, Basab, 2017. "Energy model – A tool for preventing energy dysfunction," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 95-114.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:457-471 is not listed on IDEAS
- Winebrake, James J. & Sakva, Denys, 2006. "An evaluation of errors in US energy forecasts: 1982-2003," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3475-3483, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:33:y:2005:i:8:p:979-993. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .