Sentiment, irrationality and market efficiency: The case of the 2010 FIFA World Cup
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kavetsos, Georgios & Szymanski, Stefan, 2010.
"National well-being and international sports events,"
Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 158-171, April.
- Georgios Kavetsos & Stefan Szymanski, 2008. "National Wellbeing and International Sports Events," Working Papers 0804, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- repec:hrv:faseco:33077905 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schwert, G. William, 2003. "Anomalies and market efficiency," Handbook of the Economics of Finance, in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.),Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 15, pages 939-974, Elsevier.
- Kaplanski, Guy & Levy, Haim, 2010. "Sentiment and stock prices: The case of aviation disasters," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 174-201, February.
- Berument, Hakan & Yucel, Eray M., 2005. "Long live Fenerbahce: The production boosting effects of football," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 842-861, December.
- Kaplanski, Guy & Levy, Haim, 2010. "Exploitable Predictable Irrationality: The FIFA World Cup Effect on the U.S. Stock Market," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(2), pages 535-553, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mehwish Aziz Khan & Eatzaz Ahmad, 2018. "Measurement of Investor Sentiment and Its Bi-Directional Contemporaneous and Lead–Lag Relationship with Returns: Evidence from Pakistan," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-1, December.
- CURATOLA, Giuliano & DONADELLI, Michael & KIZYS, Renatas & RIEDEL, Max, 2016. "Investor Sentiment and Sectoral Stock Returns: Evidence from World Cup Games," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 267-274.
More about this item
KeywordsMarket efficiency; Investor sentiment; Flow of information; Behavioral finance; Abnormal returns;
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:49:y:2014:i:c:p:35-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.