Investor Sentiment and Corporate Finance: Micro and Macro
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Owen A. Lamont & Jeremy C. Stein, 2005. "Investor Sentiment and Corporate Finance: Micro and Macro," NBER Working Papers 11882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Boyan Jovanovic & Peter L. Rousseau, 2002. "The Q-Theory of Mergers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 198-204, May.
- Tuomo Vuolteenaho, 2002. "What Drives Firm-Level Stock Returns?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 233-264, February.
- Loughran, Tim & Ritter, Jay R, 1995. " The New Issues Puzzle," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 23-51, March.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2000.
"The Equity Share in New Issues and Aggregate Stock Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(5), pages 2219-2257, October.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeffrey Wurgler, 1999. "The Equity Share in New Issues and Aggregate Stock Returns," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm124, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jan 2009.
- Stein, Jeremy C, 1996. "Rational Capital Budgeting in an Irrational World," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(4), pages 429-455, October.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 2003. "Stock market driven acquisitions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 295-311, December.
- Campbell, John Y, 1991. "A Variance Decomposition for Stock Returns," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(405), pages 157-179, March.
- Owen A. Lamont, 2002. "Evaluating Value Weighting: Corporate Events and Market Timing," NBER Working Papers 9049, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kent Daniel & Sheridan Titman, 2006.
"Market Reactions to Tangible and Intangible Information,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 61(4), pages 1605-1643, August.
- Kent Daniel & Sheridan Titman, 2003. "Market Reactions to Tangible and Intangible Information," NBER Working Papers 9743, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30748164 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ers:ijebaa:v:v:y:2017:i:4:p:104-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fernandes, Nuno & Giannetti, Mariassunta, 2014.
"On the fortunes of stock exchanges and their reversals: Evidence from foreign listings,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 157-176.
- Fernandes, Nuno & Giannetti, Mariassunta, 2009. "On the Fortunes of Stock Exchanges and Their Reversals: Evidence from Foreign Listings," CEPR Discussion Papers 7308, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fernandes, Nuno & Giannetti, Mariassunta, 2013. "On the fortunes of stock exchanges and their reversals: evidence from foreign listings," Working Paper Series 1585, European Central Bank.
- Cooper, Ilan & Priestley, Richard, 2011. "Real investment and risk dynamics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 182-205, July.
- Chau, Frankie & Deesomsak, Rataporn & Lau, Marco C.K., 2011. "Investor sentiment and feedback trading: Evidence from the exchange-traded fund markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 292-305.
- repec:ers:journl:v:v:y:2017:i:4:p:104-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Benhabib, Jess & Liu, Xuewen & Wang, Pengfei, 2016.
"Sentiments, financial markets, and macroeconomic fluctuations,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 420-443.
- Jess Benhabib & Xuewen Liu & Pengfei Wang, 2015. "Sentiments, Financial Markets, and Macroeconomic Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 21294, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Koch, Rosemarie & Stadtmann, Georg, 2010. "Das Gesetz zur Angemessenheit der Vorstandsvergütung," Discussion Papers 288, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- repec:eee:pacfin:v:46:y:2017:i:pb:p:258-268 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:35:y:2018:i:4:p:611-627 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mamunur Rashid & Fauzias Mat Nor & Izani Ibrahim, 2013. "Evidence of Dividend Catering Theory in Malaysia: Implications for Investor Sentiment," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 7(4), December.
- Jiao, T. & Mertens, G.M.H. & Roosenboom, P.G.J., 2007. "Industry Valuation Driven Earnings Management," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2007-069-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Kelly Nianyun Cai & Xiaoquan Jiang & Hei Wai Lee, 2013. "Debt Ipo Waves, Investor Sentiment, Market Conditions, And Issue Quality," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 36(4), pages 435-452, December.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 2010. "Unstable banking," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 306-318, September.
- Casalin, Fabrizio & Dia, Enzo, 2014. "Adjustment costs, financial frictions and aggregate investment," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 60-79.
More about this item
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Investor Sentiment and Corporate Finance: Micro and Macro (AER 2006) in ReplicationWiki
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:96:y:2006:i:2:p:147-151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.