Towards successful environmental performance of sustainable cities: Intervening sectors. A review
Cities contribute around 80% of global greenhouse gas emissions. There is currently a massive growth in urban areas internationally, especially in developing countries. Urban centers and cities should offer an effective answer to new problems arising from planning and expansion, according to criteria of sustainability. Decisions for sustainable cities planning and management should be taken on an evaluation of their consequences. Correspondingly, each strategy should be designed and undertaken with the right tools of study, analysis and prediction.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 57 (2016)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tseng, Hui-Kuan & Wu, Jy S. & Liu, Xiaoshuai, 2013. "Affordability of electric vehicles for a sustainable transport system: An economic and environmental analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 441-447.
- Hidrue, Michael K. & Parsons, George R. & Kempton, Willett & Gardner, Meryl P., 2011.
"Willingness to pay for electric vehicles and their attributes,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 686-705, September.
- Michael K. Hidrue & George R. Parsons & Willett Kempton & Meryl Gardner, 2011. "Willingness to Pay for Electric Vehicles and their Attributes," Working Papers 11-02, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Catenacci, Michela & Verdolini, Elena & Bosetti, Valentina & Fiorese, Giulia, 2013. "Going electric: Expert survey on the future of battery technologies for electric vehicles," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 403-413.
- Michela Catenacci & Elena Verdolini & Valentina Bosetti & Giulia Fiorese & Nadia Ameli, 2012. "Going Electric: Expert Survey on the Future of Battery Technologies for Electric Vehicles," Working Papers 2012.93, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Gago, E.J. & Roldan, J. & Pacheco-Torres, R. & Ordóñez, J., 2013. "The city and urban heat islands: A review of strategies to mitigate adverse effects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 749-758.
- Omer, Abdeen Mustafa, 2008. "Renewable building energy systems and passive human comfort solutions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 1562-1587, August.
- Egbue, Ona & Long, Suzanna, 2012. "Barriers to widespread adoption of electric vehicles: An analysis of consumer attitudes and perceptions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 717-729.
- Grenier, Agathe & Page, Shannon, 2012. "The impact of electrified transport on local grid infrastructure: A comparison between electric cars and light rail," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 355-364.
- Pacheco, R. & Ordóñez, J. & Martínez, G., 2012. "Energy efficient design of building: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 3559-3573.
- Lopes, M.A.R. & Antunes, C.H. & Martins, N., 2012. "Energy behaviours as promoters of energy efficiency: A 21st century review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 4095-4104.
- Axsen, Jonn & Kurani, Kenneth S. & Burke, Andrew, 2010. "Are batteries ready for plug-in hybrid buyers?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 173-182, May.
- Nigel J. Martin & John L. Rice & Sumit K. Lodhia, 2014. "Sustainable Development Planning: A Case of Public Participation using Online Forums," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(4), pages 265-275, 07.
- Huang, Shisheng & Safiullah, Hameed & Xiao, Jingjie & Hodge, Bri-Mathias S. & Hoffman, Ray & Soller, Joan & Jones, Doug & Dininger, Dennis & Tyner, Wallace E. & Liu, Andrew & Pekny, Joseph F., 2012. "The effects of electric vehicles on residential households in the city of Indianapolis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 442-455.
- Xiao-jun Wang & Jian-yun Zhang & Jiu-fu Liu & Guo-qing Wang & Rui-min He & Amgad Elmahdi & Sondoss Elsawah, 2011. "Water resources planning and management based on system dynamics: a case study of Yulin city," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 331-351, April.
- Pereira, Iraci Miranda & Assis, Eleonora Sad de, 2013. "Urban energy consumption mapping for energy management," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 257-269.
- Sierzchula, William & Bakker, Sjoerd & Maat, Kees & van Wee, Bert, 2014. "The influence of financial incentives and other socio-economic factors on electric vehicle adoption," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 183-194.
- Pinel, Patrice & Cruickshank, Cynthia A. & Beausoleil-Morrison, Ian & Wills, Adam, 2011. "A review of available methods for seasonal storage of solar thermal energy in residential applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(7), pages 3341-3359, September.
- Matthew Cohen & Arnim Wiek & Braden Kay & John Harlow, 2015. "Aligning Public Participation to Stakeholders’ Sustainability Literacy—A Case Study on Sustainable Urban Development in Phoenix, Arizona," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(7), pages 1-20, July.
- Hidalgo, Dario & Huizenga, Cornie, 2013. "Implementation of sustainable urban transport in Latin America," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 66-77.
- Swan, Lukas G. & Ugursal, V. Ismet, 2009. "Modeling of end-use energy consumption in the residential sector: A review of modeling techniques," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(8), pages 1819-1835, October.
- Chidiac, S.E. & Catania, E.J.C. & Morofsky, E. & Foo, S., 2011. "Effectiveness of single and multiple energy retrofit measures on the energy consumption of office buildings," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 5037-5052.
- Axsen, Jonn & Burke, Andy & Kurani, Kenneth S, 2010. "Are Batteries Ready for Plug-in Hybrid Buyers?," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt7vh184rw, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Gallagher, Kelly Sims & Muehlegger, Erich, 2011. "Giving green to get green? Incentives and consumer adoption of hybrid vehicle technology," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Gallagher, Kelly Sims & Muehlegger, Erich, 2008. "Giving Green to Get Green: Incentives and Consumer Adoption of Hybrid Vehicle Technology," Working Paper Series rwp08-009, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Diamond, David, 2009. "The impact of government incentives for hybrid-electric vehicles: Evidence from US states," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 972-983, March.
- Kushnir, Duncan & Sandén, Björn A., 2012. "The time dimension and lithium resource constraints for electric vehicles," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 93-103.
- Ton Dassen & Eva Kunseler & Lieke Michiels Kessenich, 2013. "The Sustainable City: An Analytical–Deliberative Approach to Assess Policy in the Context of Sustainable Urban Development," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(3), pages 193-205, 05.
- Yong Wang & Hong-lang Xiao & Rui-fang Wang, 2009. "Water Scarcity and Water Use in Economic Systems in Zhangye City, Northwestern China," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 23(13), pages 2655-2668, October.
- Ozaki, Ritsuko & Sevastyanova, Katerina, 2011. "Going hybrid: An analysis of consumer purchase motivations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2217-2227, May.
- Yu, Zhun (Jerry) & Haghighat, Fariborz & Fung, Benjamin C.M. & Morofsky, Edward & Yoshino, Hiroshi, 2011. "A methodology for identifying and improving occupant behavior in residential buildings," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 6596-6608.
- Aftabuzzaman, Md & Mazloumi, Ehsan, 2011. "Achieving sustainable urban transport mobility in post peak oil era," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 695-702, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:57:y:2016:i:c:p:479-495. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.