Price or performance? A probabilistic choice analysis of the intention to buy electric vehicles in European countries
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Cecere, Grazia & Corrocher, Nicoletta & Guerzoni, Marco, 2018. "Price or performance? A probabilistic choice analysis of the intention to buy electric vehicles in European countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 19-32.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eric von Hippel, 1986. "Lead Users: A Source of Novel Product Concepts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(7), pages 791-805, July.
- Marco Guerzoni, 2010. "The impact of market size and users' sophistication on innovation: the patterns of demand," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 113-126.
- Egbue, Ona & Long, Suzanna, 2012. "Barriers to widespread adoption of electric vehicles: An analysis of consumer attitudes and perceptions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 717-729.
- Axsen, Jonn & Kurani, Kenneth S., 2013. "Hybrid, plug-in hybrid, or electric—What do car buyers want?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 532-543.
- Manski, Charles F, 1999. "Analysis of Choice Expectations in Incomplete Scenarios," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 19(1-3), pages 49-66, December.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Morwitz, Vicki G. & Kumar, V., 2000.
"Sales forecasts for existing consumer products and services: Do purchase intentions contribute to accuracy?,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 383-397.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Morwitz, Vicki G. & Kumar, V., 2000. "Sales Forecasts for Existing Consumer Products and Services: Do Purchase Intentions Contribute to Accuracy?," MPRA Paper 81689, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kahn, Matthew E., 2007. "Do greens drive Hummers or hybrids? Environmental ideology as a determinant of consumer choice," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 129-145, September.
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Hirshleifer, David & Welch, Ivo, 1992.
"A Theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom, and Cultural Change in Informational Cascades,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 992-1026, October.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2010. "A theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom and cultural change as informational Cascades," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1193, David K. Levine.
- Stewart Barr & Andrew W Gilg & Nicholas J Ford, 2001. "A Conceptual Framework for Understanding and Analysing Attitudes towards Household-Waste Management," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 33(11), pages 2025-2048, November.
- Coad, Alex & de Haan, Peter & Woersdorfer, Julia Sophie, 2009.
"Consumer support for environmental policies: An application to purchases of green cars,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2078-2086, May.
- Alex Coad & Peter de Haan & Julia Sophie Woersdorfer, 2008. "Consumer support for environmental policies: An application to purchases of green cars," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-035, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Richard Carson & Theodore Groves, 2007.
"Incentive and informational properties of preference questions,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 37(1), pages 181-210, May.
- Carson, Richard T & Groves, Theodore, 2010. "Incentive and Information Properties of Preference Questions," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt88d8644g, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Paul Attewell, 1992. "Technology Diffusion and Organizational Learning: The Case of Business Computing," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Dijk, Marc & Orsato, Renato J. & Kemp, René, 2013. "The emergence of an electric mobility trajectory," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 135-145.
- Roehrich, Gilles, 2004. "Consumer innovativeness: Concepts and measurements," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(6), pages 671-677, June.
- F. Thomas Juster, 1966. "Consumer Buying Intentions and Purchase Probability: An Experiment in Survey Design," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number just66-2, April.
- Gallagher, Kelly Sims & Muehlegger, Erich, 2011.
"Giving green to get green? Incentives and consumer adoption of hybrid vehicle technology,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Gallagher, Kelly Sims & Muehlegger, Erich, 2008. "Giving Green to Get Green: Incentives and Consumer Adoption of Hybrid Vehicle Technology," Working Paper Series rwp08-009, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Kim, Jinhee & Rasouli, Soora & Timmermans, Harry, 2014. "Expanding scope of hybrid choice models allowing for mixture of social influences and latent attitudes: Application to intended purchase of electric cars," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 71-85.
- Asher A. Blass & Saul Lach & Charles F. Manski, 2010.
"Using Elicited Choice Probabilities To Estimate Random Utility Models: Preferences For Electricity Reliability,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 51(2), pages 421-440, May.
- Blass, Asher & Lach, Saul & Manski, Charles, 2008. "Using Elicited Choice Probabilities to Estimate Random Utility Models: Preferences for Electricity Reliability," CEPR Discussion Papers 7030, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Asher A. Blass & Saul Lach & Charles F. Manski, 2008. "Using Elicited Choice Probabilities to Estimate Random Utility Models: Preferences for Electricity Reliability," NBER Working Papers 14451, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marco Guerzoni & Massimiliano Nuccio, 2014.
"Music consumption at the dawn of the music industry: the rise of a cultural fad,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 38(2), pages 145-171, May.
- Guerzoni, Marco & Nuccio, Massimiliano, 2012. "Music consumption at the dawn of the music industry: the rise of a cultural fad," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201217, University of Turin.
- Bettman, James R & Park, C Whan, 1980. " Effects of Prior Knowledge and Experience and Phase of the Choice Process on Consumer Decision Processes: A Protocol Analysis," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(3), pages 234-248, December.
- Driscoll, Áine & Lyons, Seán & Mariuzzo, Franco & Tol, Richard S.J., 2013.
"Simulating demand for electric vehicles using revealed preference data,"
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 686-696.
- Driscoll, Áine & Lyons, Seán & Mariuzzo, Franco & Tol, Richard S. J., 2012. "Simulating Demand for Electrical Vehicles using Revealed Preference Data," Papers WP437, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Hidrue, Michael K. & Parsons, George R. & Kempton, Willett & Gardner, Meryl P., 2011.
"Willingness to pay for electric vehicles and their attributes,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 686-705, September.
- Michael K. Hidrue & George R. Parsons & Willett Kempton & Meryl Gardner, 2011. "Willingness to Pay for Electric Vehicles and their Attributes," Working Papers 11-02, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Jonn Axsen & Kenneth S Kurani, 2012. "Interpersonal Influence within Car Buyers' Social Networks: Applying Five Perspectives to Plug-in Hybrid Vehicle Drivers," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 44(5), pages 1047-1065, May.
- William J. Infosino, 1986. "Forecasting New Product Sales from Likelihood of Purchase Ratings," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(4), pages 372-384.
- Arts, Joep W.C. & Frambach, Ruud T. & Bijmolt, Tammo H.A., 2011. "Generalizations on consumer innovation adoption: A meta-analysis on drivers of intention and behavior," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 134-144.
- Stewart Barr & Andrew W Gilg & Nicholas J Ford, 2001. "A conceptual framework for understanding and analysing attitudes towards household-waste management," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(11), pages 2025-2048, November.
- Ostlund, Lyman E, 1974. " Perceived Innovation Attributes as Predictors of Innovativeness," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 23-29, Se.
- Sierzchula, William & Bakker, Sjoerd & Maat, Kees & van Wee, Bert, 2014. "The influence of financial incentives and other socio-economic factors on electric vehicle adoption," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 183-194.
- Morwitz, Vicki G. & Steckel, Joel H. & Gupta, Alok, 2007. "When do purchase intentions predict sales?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 347-364.
- Jonn Axsen & Kenneth S Kurani, 2012. "Interpersonal influence within car buyers' social networks: applying five perspectives to plug-in hybrid vehicle drivers," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 44(5), pages 1047-1065, May.
- Diamond, David, 2009. "The impact of government incentives for hybrid-electric vehicles: Evidence from US states," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 972-983, March.
- Vanessa Oltra & Maïder Saint Jean, 2009. "Sectoral systems of environmental innovation: an application to the French automotive industry," Post-Print hal-00274413, HAL.
- Sun, Baohong & Morwitz, Vicki G., 2010. "Stated intentions and purchase behavior: A unified model," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 356-366.
More about this item
KeywordsElectric vehicles; Probabilistic choice models; Intention to buy; European countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-01883530. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.