The housing question in Japan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Seko, Miki, 1993. "Effects of Subsidized Home Loans on Housing Decisions and Efficiency in Japan: Tradeoff between Quality and Quantity," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 5-23, January.
- Bentick, Brian L, 1979. "The Impact of Taxation and Valuation Practices on the Timing and Efficiency of Land Use," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 859-868, August.
- Douglas Stone & William T. Ziemba, 1993. "Land and Stock Prices in Japan," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 149-165, Summer.
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu, 1990. "Contract types in the property market," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 5-22, June.
- Henderson, J Vernon & Ioannides, Yannis M, 1983. "A Model of Housing Tenure Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 98-113, March.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Kashiwadani, Masuo, 1989. "Testing the efficiency of urban spatial growth: A case study of Tokyo," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 156-192, March.
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu, 1996. "On the "Lock-In" Effects of Capital Gains Taxation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 303-315, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Iwata, Shinichiro, 2002. "The Japanese Tenant Protection Law and Asymmetric Information on Tenure Length," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 125-151, June.
- Piyush Tiwari & Edwin Deutsch & Yoko Moriizumi, 2007. "Housing Finance Arrangements, Wealth Positioning and Housing Consumption in Japan: An Analysis of Built-for-sale Homeowners," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 347-367, April.
- Kiyohiko G. Nishimura & Fukujyu Yamazaki & Takako Idee & Toshiaki Watanabe, 1999. "Distortionary Taxation, Excessive Price Sensitivity, and Japanese Land Prices," NBER Working Papers 7254, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:jjieco:v:53:y:2019:i:c:9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yoshida, Jiro, 2007.
"Technology Shocks and Asset Price Dynamics: The Role of Housing in General Equilibrium,"
6271, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jiro Yoshida, 2008. "Technology Shocks and Asset Price Dynamics:The Role of Housing in General Equilibrium," CARF F-Series CARF-F-119, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- John Krainer & Nobuyoshi Yamori & Mark M. Spiegel, 2005. "Asset price declines and real estate market illiquidity: evidence from Japanese land values," Working Paper Series 2004-16, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, revised 2005.
- Shinichiro Iwata & Hisaki Yamaga, 2009.
"Land Tenure Security and Home Maintenance: Evidence from Japan,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 85(3), pages 429-441.
- Shinichiro Iwata & Hisaki Yamaga, 2007. "Land Tenure Security and Home Maintenance: Evidence from Japan," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-520, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Yukutake, Norifumi & Iwata, Shinichiro & Idee, Takako, 2015.
"Strategic interaction between inter vivos gifts and housing acquisition,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 62-77.
- Norifumi Yukutake & Shinichiro Iwata & Takako Idee, 2011. "Strategic Interaction between Inter Vivos Gifts and Housing Acquisition," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd11-201, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- repec:spr:ediscc:v:3:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s41885-018-0031-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Timo Goeschl & Shunsuke Managi, 2019. "Public in-Kind Relief and Private Self-Insurance," Economics of Disasters and Climate Change, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 3-21, April.
- Xu, Hangtian, 2019. "The burst of the real estate bubble as a promoter of gentrification in Tokyo and Osaka, 1980–2017," MPRA Paper 96803, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luis Otavio Reiff & Ana Luiza Barbosa, 2005. "Housing stock in Brazil: estimation based on a hedonic price model," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Real estate indicators and financial stability, volume 21, pages 257-270, Bank for International Settlements.
- Aizawa, Toshiaki & Helble, Matthias, 2016. "Determinants of Tenure Choice in Japan: What Makes You a Homeowner?," ADBI Working Papers 625, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Seshimo, Hiroyuki, 2014. "Adverse selection versus hold up: Tenure choice, tenancy protection and equilibrium in housing markets," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 39-55.
- G. K. Randolph Tan, 2006. "Robust Inference for Measures of Persistence in Singapore Sectoral Property Price Indexes," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(4), pages 305-321, October.
- Mototsugu Fukushige & Noriko Ishikawa, 2013. "Targeted Standards for Floor Space in a Government Housing Plan: an Empirical Investigation of the Kanto Area in Japan," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 16(2), pages 208-229.
- Kobayashi, Masahiro, 2016. "The Housing Market and Housing Policies in Japan," ADBI Working Papers 558, Asian Development Bank Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:27:y:1997:i:6:p:613-641. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.