Intervention in risky export markets: insurance, strategic action or aid?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Filip Abraham & Gerda Dewit, 2000. "Export Promotion Via Official Export Insurance," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 5-26, January.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1984. "International Trade Policy for Oligopolistic Industries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(376a), pages 1-16, Supplemen.
- Brander, James A., 1995. "Strategic trade policy," Handbook of International Economics,in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 27, pages 1395-1455 Elsevier.
- Lee, Sanghack, 1990. "International equity markets and trade policy," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 173-184, August.
- Filip Abraham & Inge Couwenberg & Gerda Dewit, 1992. "Towards an EC Policy on Export Financing Subsidies: Lessons from the 1980s and Prospects for Future Reform," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 389-406, May.
- Viaene, Jean-Marie & de Vries, Casper G., 1992. "International trade and exchange rate volatility," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1311-1321, August.
- Gruenspecht, Howard K., 1988. "Export subsidies for differentiated products," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3-4), pages 331-344, May.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1985.
"Export subsidies and international market share rivalry,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 83-100, February.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1984. "Export Subsidies and International Market Share Rivalry," NBER Working Papers 1464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Van Long, Ngo & Vousden, Neil, 1991. "Protectionist responses and declining industries," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 87-103, February.
- Jacques Mélitz & Patrick Messerlin, 1987. "Subventions à l'exportation et objectifs macro-économiques : la France et la Grande-Bretagne," Revue Française d'Économie, Programme National Persée, vol. 2(4), pages 58-107.
- Hwang, Hae-Shin & Schulman, Craig T., 1993. "Strategic non-intervention and the choice of trade policy for international oligopoly," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 73-93, February.
- Seade, Jesus, 1980. "The stability of cournot revisited," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 15-27, August.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "The Use of Protection and Subsidies for Entry Promotion and Deterrence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 139-152, March.
- Finger, J. Michael & Schuknecht, Ludger, 1999. "Market access advances and retreats : the Uruguay Round and beyond," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2232, The World Bank.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1995. "Political economy of trade policy," Handbook of International Economics,in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 28, pages 1457-1494 Elsevier.
- Carmichael, Calum M., 1987. "The control of export credit subsidies and its welfare consequences," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 1-19, August.
- Schuknecht, Ludger, 1991. "The Political Economy of EC Protectionism: National Protectionism Based on Article 115, Treaty of Rome," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 72(1), pages 37-50, October.
- Feeney, JoAnne & Hillman, Arye L, 2001.
"Privatization and the Political Economy of Strategic Trade Policy,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 42(2), pages 535-556, May.
- JoAnne Feeney & Arye Hillman, 1999. "Privatization and The Political Economy of Strategic Trade Policy," Discussion Papers 99-05, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zheng, J., 2012. "Essays on pensions, health expectancy and credit insurance," Other publications TiSEM 922b794a-7d11-4463-9843-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Inga Heiland & Erdal Yalcin, 2015. "Export Market Risk and the Role of State Credit Guarantees," CESifo Working Paper Series 5176, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christoph Moser & Thorsten Nestmann & Michael Wedow, 2008.
"Political Risk and Export Promotion: Evidence from Germany,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(6), pages 781-803, June.
- Nestmann, Thorsten & Moser, Christoph & Wedow, Michael, 2006. "Political risk and export promotion: Evidence from Germany," Research Notes 23, Deutsche Bank Research.
- Moser, Christoph & Nestmann, Thorsten & Wedow, Michael, 2006. "Political risk and export promotion: evidence from Germany," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2006,36, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Yalcin, Erdal & Heiland, Inga, 2014. "Export Market Risk and the Role of Public Credit Guarantees," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100478, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- María del Carmen García-Alonso & Paul Levine & Antonia Morga, 2004.
"Export Credit Guarantees, Moral Hazard and Exports Quality,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(4), pages 311-327, October.
- Maria del Carmen Garcia-Alonso & Paul Levine & Antonia Morga, 2004. "Export Credit Gurantees, Moral Hazard and Exports Quality," Studies in Economics 0402, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Gabriel Felbermayr & Inga Heiland & Erdal Yalcin, 2012. "Mitigating Liquidity Constraints: Public Export Credit Guarantees in Germany," CESifo Working Paper Series 3908, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:240:y:2016:i:2:d:10.1007_s10479-014-1602-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Karel Janda, 2008. "Government Support of the Czech Export Credit," Český finanční a účetní časopis, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2008(1), pages 62-75.
- Nils Herger & Michael Lobsiger, 2010. "How do Export Risk Guarantees affect Exports? The Case of Switzerland," Aussenwirtschaft, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science, Swiss Institute for International Economics and Applied Economics Research, vol. 65(3), pages 297-319, September.
- Canuto, Otaviano & Lima, Gilberto Tadeu & Alexandre, Michel, 2003.
"Investimentos externos em serviços e efeitos potenciais da negociação da ALCA,"
Estudios y Perspectivas – Oficina de la CEPAL en Brasilia
2, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Alexandre, Michel & Canuto, Otaviano & Lima, Gilberto Tadeu, 2003. "Investimentos externos em serviços e efeitos potenciais da negociação da ALCA," Oficina de la CEPAL en Brasilia (Estudios e Investigaciones) 28341, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Henning Meyer & Andreas Klasen, 2013. "What Governments Can Do to Support their Economies: The Case for a Strategic Econsystem," Global Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 4, pages 1-9, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:17:y:2001:i:3:p:575-592. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.