Between the state and market: Electricity sector reform in developing countries
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul L. Joskow, 1998. "Electricity Sectors in Transition," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 25-52.
- Zhang, Yin-Fang & Kirkpatrick, Colin & Parker, David, 2002.
"Electricity Sector Reform in Developing Countries: An Econometric Assessment of the Effects of Privatisation, Competition and Regulation,"
Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers
30593, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Yin-Fang Zhang & David Parker & Colin Kirkpatrick, 2008. "Electricity sector reform in developing countries: an econometric assessment of the effects of privatization, competition and regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 159-178, April.
- Stephen Thomas, 2004. "Evaluating the British Model of Electricity Deregulation," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 75(3), pages 367-398, 09.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2001. "Benchmarking and Regulation of Electricity Transmission and Distribution Utilities: Lessons from International Experience," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0101, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Wallsten, Scott & Clarke, George & Haggarty, Luke & Kaneshiro, Rosario & Noll, Roger & Shirley, Mary & Lixin Colin Xu, 2004.
"New tools for studying network industry reforms in developing countries : the telecommunications and electricity regulation database,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3286, The World Bank.
- Wallsten Scott & Clarke George & Haggarty Luke & Kaneshiro Rosario & Noll Roger & Shirley Mary & Xu Lixin Colin, 2004. "New Tools for Studying Network Industry Reforms in Developing Countries: The Telecommunications and Electricity Regulation Database," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 1-35, September.
- Weisser, Daniel, 2004. "Power sector reform in small island developing states: what role for renewable energy technologies?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 101-127, April.
- Russell Pittman, 2003. "Vertical Restructuring (or Not) of the Infrastructure Sectors of Transition Economies," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 5-26, March.
- Rodrigo Gutierrez & Pablo Serra & Ronald Fischer, 2003. "The Effects of Privatization on Firms and on Social Welfare: The Chilean Case," Research Department Publications 3150, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Manuel A. Abdala, 2001. "Institutions, Contracts And Regulation Of Infrastructure In Argentina," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 217-254, November.
- Ugo Panizza & Eduardo Lora, 2002.
"Structural Reforms in Latin America under Scrutiny,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
80318, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Eduardo Lora & Ugo Panizza, 2002. "Structural Reforms in Latin America under Scrutiny," Research Department Publications 4301, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Lora & Ugo Panizza, 2002. "Structural Reforms in Latin America under Scrutiny," Research Department Publications 4303, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- repec:reg:rpubli:124 is not listed on IDEAS
- Antonio Estache & J.L. Guasch & Lourdes Trujillo, 2003.
"Price caps, efficiency pay-offs and infrastructure contract renegotiation in Latin America,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/44100, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Estache, Antonio & Guasch, Jose-Luis & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2003. "Price caps, efficiency payoffs, and infrastructure contract renegotiation in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3129, The World Bank.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2003.
"Electricity Sector Restructuring And Competition - Lessons Learned,"
0314, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Paul Joskow, 2003. "Electricity Sector Restructuring and Competition: Lessons Learned," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 40(121), pages 548-558.
- Stern, Jon & Holder, Stuart, 1999. "Regulatory governance: criteria for assessing the performance of regulatory systems: An application to infrastructure industries in the developing countries of Asia," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 33-50, March.
- Levy, Brian & Spiller, Pablo T, 1994. "The Institutional Foundations of Regulatory Commitment: A Comparative Analysis of Telecommunications Regulation," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 201-46, October.
- Kwoka, John E., 2002. "Vertical economies in electric power: evidence on integration and its alternatives," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 653-671, May.
- Chang, Ha-Joon, 1997. "The Economics and Politics of Regulation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(6), pages 703-28, November.
- Hugh Rudnick & Juan-Pablo Montero, 2002.
"Second Generation Electricity Reforms in Latin America and the California Paradigm,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 159-172, June.
- Juan-Pablo Montero & Hugh Rudnick, 2002. "Second Generation Electricity Reforms in Latin America and the California Paradigm," Documentos de Trabajo 216, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- J. Luis Guasch, 2004. "Granting and Renegotiating Infrastructure Concessions : Doing it Right," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15024, April.
- Pablo Serra & Ronald Fischer, 2000.
"Regulating the Electricity Sector in Latin America,"
ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION,
ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION, vol. 0(Fall 2000), pages 155-218, August.
- Ronald Fischer & Pablo Serra, 2000. "Regulating the Electricaly Sector in Latin America," Documentos de Trabajo 86, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Newbery, D., 2002. "Issues and Options for Restructuring Electricity Supply Industries," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0210, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Newbery, David M., 2004. "Regulation and competition policy: longer-term boundaries," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 93-95, June.
- Estache, Antonio & Rossi, Martin, 2004. "Have consumers benefited from the reforms in the electricity distribution sector in Latin America?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3420, The World Bank.
- Clive Harris, 2003. "Private Participation in Infrastructure in Developing Countries : Trends, Impacts, and Policy Lessons," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15124, April.
- R. David Gray & John Schuster, 1998. "The East Asian Financial Crisis : Fallout for Private Power Projects," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11541, The World Bank.
- Woolf, Fiona & Halpern, Jonathan, 2001. "Integrating independent power producers into emerging wholesale power markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2703, The World Bank.
- Smith, Thomas B., 2004. "Electricity theft: a comparative analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(18), pages 2067-2076, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juipol:v:14:y:2006:i:1:p:14-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.