Between the state and market: Electricity sector reform in developing countries
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chang, Ha-Joon, 1997. "The Economics and Politics of Regulation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(6), pages 703-28, November.
- Newbery, D., 2002. "Issues and Options for Restructuring Electricity Supply Industries," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0210, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Stern, Jon & Holder, Stuart, 1999. "Regulatory governance: criteria for assessing the performance of regulatory systems: An application to infrastructure industries in the developing countries of Asia," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 33-50, March.
- Estache, Antonio & Rossi, Martin, 2004. "Have consumers benefited from the reforms in the electricity distribution sector in Latin America?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3420, The World Bank.
- Rodrigo Gutierrez & Pablo Serra & Ronald Fischer, 2003. "The Effects of Privatization on Firms and on Social Welfare: The Chilean Case," Research Department Publications 3150, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Smith, Thomas B., 2004. "Electricity theft: a comparative analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(18), pages 2067-2076, December.
- Kwoka, John E., 2002. "Vertical economies in electric power: evidence on integration and its alternatives," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 653-671, May.
- Manuel A. Abdala, 2001. "Institutions, Contracts And Regulation Of Infrastructure In Argentina," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 217-254, November.
- Weisser, Daniel, 2004. "Power sector reform in small island developing states: what role for renewable energy technologies?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 101-127, April.
- Levy, Brian & Spiller, Pablo T, 1994. "The Institutional Foundations of Regulatory Commitment: A Comparative Analysis of Telecommunications Regulation," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 201-46, October.
- R. David Gray & John Schuster, 1998. "The East Asian Financial Crisis : Fallout for Private Power Projects," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11541, The World Bank.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2001. "Benchmarking and Regulation of Electricity Transmission and Distribution Utilities: Lessons from International Experience," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0101, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Woolf, Fiona & Halpern, Jonathan, 2001. "Integrating independent power producers into emerging wholesale power markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2703, The World Bank.
- Paul L. Joskow, 1998. "Electricity Sectors in Transition," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 25-52.
- Ronald Fischer & Pablo Serra, 2000.
"Regulating the Electricaly Sector in Latin America,"
Documentos de Trabajo
86, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Pablo Serra & Ronald Fischer, 2000. "Regulating the Electricity Sector in Latin America," ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION, ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION, August.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2003.
"Electricity Sector Restructuring And Competition - Lessons Learned,"
0314, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Paul Joskow, 2003. "Electricity Sector Restructuring and Competition: Lessons Learned," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 40(121), pages 548-558.
- Wallsten Scott & Clarke George & Haggarty Luke & Kaneshiro Rosario & Noll Roger & Shirley Mary & Xu Lixin Colin, 2004.
"New Tools for Studying Network Industry Reforms in Developing Countries: The Telecommunications and Electricity Regulation Database,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 1-35, September.
- Wallsten, Scott & Clarke, George & Haggarty, Luke & Kaneshiro, Rosario & Noll, Roger & Shirley, Mary & Lixin Colin Xu, 2004. "New tools for studying network industry reforms in developing countries : the telecommunications and electricity regulation database," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3286, The World Bank.
- Stephen Thomas, 2004. "Evaluating the British Model of Electricity Deregulation," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 75(3), pages 367-398, 09.
- Newbery, David M., 2004. "Regulation and competition policy: longer-term boundaries," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 93-95, June.
- Clive Harris, 2003. "Private Participation in Infrastructure in Developing Countries : Trends, Impacts, and Policy Lessons," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15124, March.
- Estache, Antonio & Guasch, Jose-Luis & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2003.
"Price caps, efficiency payoffs, and infrastructure contract renegotiation in Latin America,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3129, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache & J.L. Guasch & Lourdes Trujillo, 2003. "Price caps, efficiency pay-offs and infrastructure contract renegotiation in Latin America," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44100, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Yin-Fang Zhang & David Parker & Colin Kirkpatrick, 2008.
"Electricity sector reform in developing countries: an econometric assessment of the effects of privatization, competition and regulation,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 159-178, April.
- Zhang, Yin-Fang & Kirkpatrick, Colin & Parker, David, 2002. "Electricity Sector Reform in Developing Countries: An Econometric Assessment of the Effects of Privatisation, Competition and Regulation," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30593, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Juan-Pablo Montero & Hugh Rudnick, 2002.
"Second Generation Electricity Reforms in Latin America and the California Paradigm,"
Documentos de Trabajo
216, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Hugh Rudnick & Juan-Pablo Montero, 2002. "Second Generation Electricity Reforms in Latin America and the California Paradigm," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 159-172, June.
- Eduardo Lora & Ugo Panizza, 2002.
"Structural Reforms in Latin America under Scrutiny,"
Research Department Publications
4301, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Lora & Ugo Panizza, 2002. "Structural Reforms in Latin America under Scrutiny," Research Department Publications 4303, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- repec:reg:rpubli:124 is not listed on IDEAS
- J. Luis Guasch, 2004. "Granting and Renegotiating Infrastructure Concessions : Doing it Right," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15024, March.
- Russell Pittman, 2003. "Vertical Restructuring (or Not) of the Infrastructure Sectors of Transition Economies," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 5-26, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juipol:v:14:y:2006:i:1:p:14-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.