Between the state and market: Electricity sector reform in developing countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul L. Joskow, 1998. "Electricity Sectors in Transition," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 25-52.
- Yin-Fang Zhang & David Parker & Colin Kirkpatrick, 2008.
"Electricity sector reform in developing countries: an econometric assessment of the effects of privatization, competition and regulation,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 159-178, April.
- Zhang, Yin-Fang & Kirkpatrick, Colin & Parker, David, 2002. "Electricity Sector Reform in Developing Countries: An Econometric Assessment of the Effects of Privatisation, Competition and Regulation," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30593, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Hugh Rudnick & Juan-Pablo Montero, 2002.
"Second Generation Electricity Reforms in Latin America and the California Paradigm,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 159-172, June.
- Juan-Pablo Montero & Hugh Rudnick, 2002. "Second Generation Electricity Reforms in Latin America and the California Paradigm," Documentos de Trabajo 216, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Levy, Brian & Spiller, Pablo T, 1994. "The Institutional Foundations of Regulatory Commitment: A Comparative Analysis of Telecommunications Regulation," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 201-246, October.
- Estache, Antonio & Guasch, Jose-Luis & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2003.
"Price caps, efficiency payoffs, and infrastructure contract renegotiation in Latin America,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3129, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache & J.L. Guasch & Lourdes Trujillo, 2003. "Price caps, efficiency pay-offs and infrastructure contract renegotiation in Latin America," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44100, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Eduardo Lora & Ugo Panizza, 2002.
"Structural Reforms in Latin America under Scrutiny,"
Research Department Publications
4303, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Lora & Ugo Panizza, 2002. "Structural Reforms in Latin America under Scrutiny," Research Department Publications 4301, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Ugo Panizza & Eduardo Lora, 2002. "Structural Reforms in Latin America under Scrutiny," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4370, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Kwoka, John E., 2002. "Vertical economies in electric power: evidence on integration and its alternatives," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 653-671, May.
- Stern, Jon & Holder, Stuart, 1999. "Regulatory governance: criteria for assessing the performance of regulatory systems: An application to infrastructure industries in the developing countries of Asia," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 33-50, March.
- Pablo Serra & Ronald Fischer, 2000.
"Regulating the Electricity Sector in Latin America,"
THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2000), pages 155-218, August.
- Ronald Fischer & Pablo Serra, 2000. "Regulating the Electricaly Sector in Latin America," Documentos de Trabajo 86, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Wallsten Scott & Clarke George & Haggarty Luke & Kaneshiro Rosario & Noll Roger & Shirley Mary & Xu Lixin Colin, 2004.
"New Tools for Studying Network Industry Reforms in Developing Countries: The Telecommunications and Electricity Regulation Database,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 1-35, September.
- Wallsten, Scott & Clarke, George & Haggarty, Luke & Kaneshiro, Rosario & Noll, Roger & Shirley, Mary & Lixin Colin Xu, 2004. "New tools for studying network industry reforms in developing countries : the telecommunications and electricity regulation database," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3286, The World Bank.
- repec:reg:rpubli:124 is not listed on IDEAS
- Weisser, Daniel, 2004. "Power sector reform in small island developing states: what role for renewable energy technologies?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 101-127, April.
- Russell Pittman, 2003. "Vertical Restructuring (or Not) of the Infrastructure Sectors of Transition Economies," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 5-26, March.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2001. "Benchmarking and Regulation of Electricity Transmission and Distribution Utilities: Lessons from International Experience," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0101, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- J. Luis Guasch, 2004. "Granting and Renegotiating Infrastructure Concessions : Doing it Right," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15024.
- Paul Joskow, 2003.
"Electricity Sector Restructuring and Competition: Lessons Learned,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 40(121), pages 548-558.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2003. "Electricity Sector Restructuring And Competition - Lessons Learned," Working Papers 0314, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Manuel A. Abdala, 2001. "Institutions, Contracts And Regulation Of Infrastructure In Argentina," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 4, pages 217-254, November.
- Newbery, D., 2002. "Issues and Options for Restructuring Electricity Supply Industries," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0210, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Newbery, David M., 2004. "Regulation and competition policy: longer-term boundaries," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 93-95, June.
- R. David Gray & John Schuster, 1998. "The East Asian Financial Crisis : Fallout for Private Power Projects," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11541, The World Bank.
- Estache, Antonio & Rossi, Martin, 2004. "Have consumers benefited from the reforms in the electricity distribution sector in Latin America?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3420, The World Bank.
- Woolf, Fiona & Halpern, Jonathan, 2001. "Integrating independent power producers into emerging wholesale power markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2703, The World Bank.
- Smith, Thomas B., 2004. "Electricity theft: a comparative analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(18), pages 2067-2076, December.
- Stephen Thomas, 2004. "Evaluating the British Model of Electricity Deregulation," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 75(3), pages 367-398, September.
- Chang, Ha-Joon, 1997. "The Economics and Politics of Regulation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(6), pages 703-728, November.
- Clive Harris, 2003. "Private Participation in Infrastructure in Developing Countries : Trends, Impacts, and Policy Lessons," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15124.
- Rodrigo Gutierrez & Pablo Serra & Ronald Fischer, 2003. "The Effects of Privatization on Firms and on Social Welfare: The Chilean Case," Research Department Publications 3150, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juipol:v:14:y:2006:i:1:p:14-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30478 .