New tools for studying network industry reforms in developing countries : the telecommunications and electricity regulation database
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Wallsten Scott & Clarke George & Haggarty Luke & Kaneshiro Rosario & Noll Roger & Shirley Mary & Xu Lixin Colin, 2004. "New Tools for Studying Network Industry Reforms in Developing Countries: The Telecommunications and Electricity Regulation Database," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 1-35, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baron, David P., 1989. "Design of regulatory mechanisms and institutions," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 24, pages 1347-1447 Elsevier.
- Noll, Roger G., 1989. "Economic perspectives on the politics of regulation," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 22, pages 1253-1287 Elsevier.
- repec:reg:rpubli:308 is not listed on IDEAS
- Braeutigam, Ronald R., 1989. "Optimal policies for natural monopolies," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 23, pages 1289-1346 Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Berg, Sanford V. & Jiang, Liangliang & Lin, Chen, 2012.
"Regulation and corporate corruption: New evidence from the telecom sector,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 22-43.
- Berg, Sanford V & Jiang, Liangliang & Lin, Chen, 2011. "Regulation and corporate corruption: new evidence from the telecom sector," MPRA Paper 32947, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jamasb, Tooraj, 2006. "Between the state and market: Electricity sector reform in developing countries," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 14-30, March.
- Nagayama, Hiroaki, 2007. "Effects of regulatory reforms in the electricity supply industry on electricity prices in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3440-3462, June.
- Estache, Antonio & Goicoechea, Ana, 2005. "How widespread were private investment and regulatory reform in infrastructure utilities during the 1990s?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3595, The World Bank.
- Clarke, George R.G. & Wallsten, Scott J., 2004. "Has the internet increased trade? Evidence from industrial and developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3215, The World Bank.
- David Sappington & Dennis Weisman, 2010. "Price cap regulation: what have we learned from 25 years of experience in the telecommunications industry?," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 227-257, December.
- Bruno E. Viani, 2011. "Consequences of Vertical Separation and Monopoly: Evidence From the Telecom Privatizations," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 70-97, June.
- Paulo Correa & Carlos Pereira & Bernardo Mueller & Marcus Melo, 2006. "Regulatory Governance in Infrastructure Industries: Assessment and Measurement of Brazilian Regulators," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7059.
- Martin, Brandie L. & Jayakar, Krishna, 2013. "Moving beyond dichotomy: Comparing composite telecommunications regulatory governance indices," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 691-701.
- Maiorano, Federica & Stern, Jon, 2007. "Institutions and telecommunications infrastructure in low and middle-income countries: The case of mobile telephony," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 165-181, September.
- Farid Gasmi & Paul Noumba Um & Laura Recuero Virto, 2009.
"Political Accountability and Regulatory Performance in Infrastructure Industries: An Empirical Analysis,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 23(3), pages 509-531, October.
- Gasmi, Farid & Noumba Um, Paul & Virto, Laura Recuero, 2006. "Political accountability and regulatory performance in infrastructure industries : an empirical analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4101, The World Bank.
- Zhang, Yinfang & Parker, David & Kirkpatrick, Colin, 2005.
"Competition, regulation and privatisation of electricity generation in developing countries: does the sequencing of the reforms matter?,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 358-379, May.
- Zhang, Yingang & Parker, David & Kirkpatrick, Colin, 2004. "Competition, Regulation and Privatisation of Electricity Generation in Developing Countries: Does the Sequencing of the Reforms Matter?," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30599, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Monasso, Ton & van Leijden, Fabian, 2007. "Telecommunication regulation as a game: deepening theoretical understanding," MPRA Paper 7625, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gasmi, F. & Maingard, A. & Noumba, P. & Recuero Virto, L., 2013. "The Privatization of the Fixed-Line Telecommunications Operator in OECD, Latin America, Asia, and Africa: One Size Does Not Fit All," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 189-208.
More about this item
KeywordsAdministrative&Regulatory Law; Environmental Economics&Policies; Public Sector Economics&Finance; Trade Finance and Investment; ICT Policy and Strategies; ICT Policy and Strategies; Administrative&Regulatory Law; Environmental Economics&Policies; Public Sector Economics&Finance; National Governance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-16 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .