Electricity and telecommunications regulatory institutions in small and developing countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Meleu, Mathieu, 2001. "Separation of powers and development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 129-145, February.
- Federico Basañes & Eduardo Saavedra & Raimundo Soto, "undated". "Post-Privatization Renegotiations and Disputes in Chile," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv117, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Jon Stern, 1994. "Economic regulation in Central and Eastern Europe 1," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 2(3), pages 391-398, September.
- M.V. Posner, 1993. "Electricity and the Primary Fuels: Technology, Market Structure and Prices," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 145(1), pages 64-86, August.
- repec:sae:niesru:v:145:y::i:1:p:64-86 is not listed on IDEAS
- Newbery, David M & Pollitt, Michael G, 1997. "The Restructuring and Privatization of Britain's CEGB--Was It Worth It?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 269-303, September.
- Levy, Brian & Spiller, Pablo T, 1994. "The Institutional Foundations of Regulatory Commitment: A Comparative Analysis of Telecommunications Regulation," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 201-246, October.
- Chisari, Omar & Estache, Antonio & Romero, Carlos, 1997.
"Winners and losers from utility privatization in Argentina : lessons from a general equilibrium model,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1824, The World Bank.
- Chisari, Omar & Estache, Antonio & Romero, Carlos, 1999. "Winners and Losers from Utility Privatization in Argentina. Lessons from a General Equilibrium Model," UADE Working Papers 3_1999, Instituto de Economía, Universidad Argentina de la Empresa.
- Domah, P. & Pollitt, M.G., 2000. "The Restructuring and Privatisation of Electricity Distribution and Supply Businesses in England and Wales: A Social Cost Benefit Analysis," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0007, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Stern, Jon & Holder, Stuart, 1999. "Regulatory governance: criteria for assessing the performance of regulatory systems: An application to infrastructure industries in the developing countries of Asia," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 33-50, March.
- Jon Stern & Junior R. Davis, 1998.
"Economic reform of the electricity industries of Central and Eastern Europe,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 6(2), pages 427-460, November.
- Jon Stern & Junior R. Davis, 1997. "Economic Reform of the Electricity Industries of Central and Eastern Europe," CERT Discussion Papers 9725, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Pablo Serra & Ronald Fischer, 2000.
"Regulating the Electricity Sector in Latin America,"
THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2000), pages 155-218, August.
- Ronald Fischer & Pablo Serra, 2000. "Regulating the Electricaly Sector in Latin America," Documentos de Trabajo 86, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Asimakopoulos, Grigorios & Hernández, Virginia & Whalley, Jason, 2015. "Internationalization of European mobile telecommunication operators: institutional diversity and performance implications," 26th European Regional ITS Conference, Madrid 2015 127122, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Stern, Jon & Cubbin, John, 2005. "Regulatory effectiveness : the impact of regulation and regulatory governance arrangements on electricity industry outcomes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3536, The World Bank.
- Ioannis N. Kessides, 2004. "Reforming Infrastructure : Privatization, Regulation, and Competition," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13525, November.
- Gasmi, Farid & Recuero Virto, Laura, 2005. "Telecommunications Technologies: Deployment in Developing Countries," MPRA Paper 2443, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bell, Matthew, 2003. "Regulation in developing countries is different: avoiding negotiation, renegotiation and frustration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 299-305, March.
- Stern, J. & Cubbin, J., 2004. "Regulatory effectiveness: the impact of regulation and regulatory governance arrangements on electricity industry outcomes: a review paper," Working Papers 04/01, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Mohamad, Noorihsan, 2014. "Telecommunications reform and efficiency performance: Do good institutions matter?," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 49-65.
- Carvalho, João & Cruz, Nuno & Cunha Marques, Rui, 2010. "Local governments opting for PPPs in the schools sector," MPRA Paper 22558, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jamasb, T., 2002. "Reform and Regulation of the Electricity Sectors in Developing Countries," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0226, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Symeou, Pavlos C. & Pollitt, Michael G., 2014. "Fixed voice telephony in economies of different sizes: When industry policy meets technological change," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 273-286.
- Antonio Estache & L. Wren-Lewis, 2008.
"Towards a Theory of Regulation for Developing Countries: Following Laffont's Lead,"
Working Papers ECARES
2008_018, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Antonio Estache & L. Wren-Lewis, 2009. "Towards a Theory of Regulation for Developing Countries: Following Jean-Jacques Laffont's Lead," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43903, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kessides, Ioannis N., 2014. "Regulatory reform for closing Africa.s competitiveness gap," WIDER Working Paper Series 092, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Wisuttisak, Pornchai, 2012. "Regulation and competition issues in Thai electricity sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 185-198.
- Jon Stern, 2003. "Regulation and Contracts for Utility Services: Substitutes or Complements? Lessons from UK Railway and Electricity History," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(4), pages 193-215.
- Jarvis, Darryl S.L. & Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2011. "Conceptualizing and evaluating best practices in electricity and water regulatory governance," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 4340-4352.
- Kang, Fei & Hauge, Janice A. & Lu, Ting-Jie, 2012. "Competition and mobile network investment in China’s telecommunications industry," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 901-913.
- Toba, Natsuko, 2007. "Welfare impacts of electricity generation sector reform in the Philippines," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6145-6162, December.
- Nepal, Rabindra & Jamasb, Tooraj, 2012. "Reforming small electricity systems under political instability: The case of Nepal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 242-251.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juipol:v:9:y:2000:i:3:p:131-157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30478 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.