Private Participation in Infrastructure in Developing Countries : Trends, Impacts, and Policy Lessons
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gover Barja & Miguel Urquiola, 2003.
"Capitalization, regulation and the poor: access to basic services in Bolivia,"
Chapters,in: Utility Privatization and Regulation, chapter 9
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Barja, Gover & Urquiola, Miguel, 2001. "Capitalization, regulation and the poor: access to basic services in Bolivia," MPRA Paper 23920, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2001.
- Barja, Gover & Urquiola, Miguel, 2001. "Capitalization, Regulation and the Poor: Access to Basic Services in Bolivia," WIDER Working Paper Series 034, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Klein, Michael, 1996. "Competition in network industries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1591, The World Bank.
- Penelope J. Brook & Suzanne M. Smith, 2001. "Contracting for Public Services : Output-based Aid and Its Applications," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13978, December.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Wheeler, David, 1997. "Citizen complaints as environmental indicators : evidence from China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1704, The World Bank.
- Ian Alexander & Antonio Estache, 2000.
"Industry restructuring and regulation: Building a base for sustainable growth - lessons from Latin America,"
Development Southern Africa,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 307-337.
- Antonio Estache & I. Alexander, 2000. "Industry restructuring and regulation: Building a base for sustainable growth - lessons from Latin America," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44000, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Chisari, Omar & Estache, Antonio & Romero, Carlos, 1997.
"Winners and losers from utility privatization in Argentina : lessons from a general equilibrium model,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1824, The World Bank.
- Chisari, Omar & Estache, Antonio & Romero, Carlos, 1999. "Winners and Losers from Utility Privatization in Argentina. Lessons from a General Equilibrium Model," UADE Working Papers 3_1999, Instituto de Economía, Universidad Argentina de la Empresa.
- Michael Klein & Jae So & Ben Shin, 1996. "Transaction Costs in Private Infrastructure Projects - Are They Too High?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11605, The World Bank.
- Plane, Patrick, 1999. "Privatization, Technical Efficiency and Welfare Consequences: The Case of the Cote d'Ivoire Electricity Company (CIE)," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 343-360, February.
- Crampes, Claude & Estache, Antonio, 1997.
"Regulatory tradeoffs in designing concession contracts for infrastructure networks,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1854, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache & C. Crampes, 1998. "Regulatory Trade-offs in Designing Concession Contracts for Infrastructure Networks," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44014, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Klein, Michael, 1996. "Risk, taxpayers, and the role of government in project finance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1688, The World Bank.
- Björn Wellenius, 1997. "Extending Telecommunications Service to Rural Areas-The Chilean Experience : Awarding Subsidies Through Competitive Bidding," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11593, The World Bank.
- Geoffrey Cannock, 2001. "Telecom Subsidies : Output-Based Contracts for Rural Services in Peru," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11384, The World Bank.
- Clive Harris, 2002. "Private Rural Power : Network Expansion Using an Output-Based Scheme in Guatemala," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11341, The World Bank.
- Steven A Barnett, 2000. "Evidenceon the Fiscal and Macroeconomic Impact of Privatization," IMF Working Papers 00/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Estache, Antonio & Gomez-Lobo, Andres & Leipziger, Danny, 2000. "Utility privatization and the needs of the poor in Latin America - Have we learned enough to get it right?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2407, The World Bank.
- David M. Newbery & Michael G. Pollitt, 1997. "The Restructuring and Privatization of the U.K. Electricity Supply-Was It Worth It?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11572, The World Bank.
- Clive Harris & John Hodges & Michael Schur, 2003. "Infrastructure Projects : A Review of Canceled Private Projects," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11329, The World Bank.
- Clarke, George R.G. & Wallsten, Scott J., 2002. "Universal(ly bad) service - providing infrastructure services to rural and poor urban consumers," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2868, The World Bank.
- Andres Gomez-Lobo, 2001. "Incentive-Based Subsidies : Designing Output-Based Subsidies for Water Consumption," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11380, The World Bank.
- David, Cristina C., 2000. "MWSS Privatization: Implication on the Price of Water, the Poor and the Environment," Discussion Papers DP 2000-14, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Kikeri, S., 1998. "Privatization and Labour. What Happens to Workers When Governments Divest?," Papers 396, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Hartman, Raymond S.*Huq, Mainul*Wheeler,David R., 1997. "Why paper mills clean up : determinants of pollution abatement in four Asian countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1710, The World Bank.
- Hua Wang & Wheeler, David, 1996. "Pricing industrial pollution in China : an econometric analysis of the levy system," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1644, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache & V. Foster & Q. Wodon, 2002. "Accounting for Poverty in Infrastructure Reform: Learning from Latin America's Experience," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44108, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks and Banking Reform Public Sector Economics and Finance Urban Development - Municipal Financial Management Urban Development - Urban Services to the Poor Finance and Financial Sector Development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:15124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.