Capitalization, Regulation and the Poor: Access to Basic Services in Bolivia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gover Barja & Miguel Urquiola, 2003. "Capitalization, regulation and the poor: access to basic services in Bolivia," Chapters,in: Utility Privatization and Regulation, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Barja, Gover & Urquiola, Miguel, 2001. "Capitalization, regulation and the poor: access to basic services in Bolivia," MPRA Paper 23920, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2001.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barja, Gover, 1999.
"Inversión y productividad en la industria boliviana de telecomunicaciones
[Investment and productivity in the bolivian telecommunications industry]," MPRA Paper 23464, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barja Daza, Gover, 1999. "Inversión y productividad en la industria boliviana de telecomunicaciones," Series Históricas 16, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Estache, Antonio & Gomez-Lobo, Andres & Leipziger, Danny, 2000. "Utility privatization and the needs of the poor in Latin America - Have we learned enough to get it right?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2407, The World Bank.
- Barja, Gover, 1999.
"Inversión y productividad en la industria boliviana de la electricidad
[Investment and productivity in the bolivian electricity industry]," MPRA Paper 23461, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniele CHECCHI & Massimo FLORIO & Jorge CARRERA, 2004.
"Privatization discontent and its determinants: evidence from Latin America,"
Departmental Working Papers
2004-23, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Checchi, Daniele & Florio, Massimo & Carrera, Jorge, 2005. "Privatization Discontent and Its Determinants: Evidence from Latin America," IZA Discussion Papers 1587, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bojanic, Antonio & Krakowski, Michael, 2003. "Regulation of the electricity industry in Bolivia : its impact on access to the poor, prices and quality," HWWA Discussion Papers 250, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Martimort, David & Straub, Stéphane, 2009. "Infrastructure privatization and changes in corruption patterns: The roots of public discontent," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 69-84, September.
- Mauricio Garrón B. & Carlos Gustavo Machicado & Katherina Capra, 2003. "Privatization in Bolivia: The Impact on Firm Performance," Research Department Publications 3154, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Barja Daza, Gover & Monterrey Arce, Javier & Villarroel Böhrt, Sergio, 2006.
"Bolivia: Impact of shocks and poverty policy on household welfare,"
Revista Latinoamericana de Desarrollo Economico,
Instituto de Investigaciones Socio-Económicas (IISEC), Universidad Católica Boliviana, issue 6, pages 63-123, Abril.
- Barja, Gover & Monterrey, Javier & Villarroel, Sergio, 2004. "Bolivia: Impact of shocks and poverty policy on household welfare," MPRA Paper 22937, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Nellis, 2003. "Privatization in Latin America," Working Papers 31, Center for Global Development.
- Degol Hailu & Rafael Guerreiro Osorio & Raquel Tsukada, 2009. "Privatisation and Renationalisation: What Went Wrong in Bolivia?s Water Sector?," Working Papers 58, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Ugaz, Cecilia, 2002. "Consumer Participation and Pro-Poor Regulation in Latin America," WIDER Working Paper Series 121, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ugaz, Cecilia, 2001. "A Public Goods Approach to Regulation of Utilities," WIDER Working Paper Series 009, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Patricia Clarke Annez & George E. Peterson, 2007. "Financing Cities : Fiscal Responsibility and Urban Infrastructure in Brazil, China, India, Poland and South Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6735.
- Estrin, Saul & Pelletier, Adeline, 2016. "Privatisation in Developing Countries: What Are the Lessons of Recent Experience?," IZA Discussion Papers 10297, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Birdsall, Nancy & Nellis, John, 2003. "Winners and Losers: Assessing the Distributional Impact of Privatization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1617-1633, October.
- Vivien Foster & Osvaldo Irusta, 2003. "Does infrastructure reform work for the poor? A case study on the cities of La Paz and El Alto in Bolivia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3177, The World Bank.
- Clive Harris, 2003. "Private Participation in Infrastructure in Developing Countries : Trends, Impacts, and Policy Lessons," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15124.
- Andrew MOLD, 2004. "Fdi And Poverty Reduction: A Critical Reappraisal Of The Arguments," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 20, pages 91-122.
- Benjamin Kohl, 2004. "Privatization Bolivian style: a cautionary tale," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 893-908, December.
More about this item
KeywordsPrivatization; Regulation; Utilities; Poverty;
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:dp2001-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .