Pricing industrial pollution in China : an econometric analysis of the levy system
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Qiu & Maung, Min & Shi, Yulin & Wilson, Craig, 2014. "Foreign direct investment concessions and environmental levies in China," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 241-250.
- Sedigh, Golnaz, 2008. "Do environmental regulations reduce greenhouse gas emissions? A study on Canadian industries," MPRA Paper 10003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dean, Judith M. & Lovely, Mary E. & Wang, Hua, 2004. "Foreign Direct Investment and Pollution Havens: Evaluating the Evidence from China," Working Papers 15854, United States International Trade Commission, Office of Economics.
- Susmita Dasgupta & Benoit Laplante & Hua Wang & David Wheeler, 2002. "Confronting the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 147-168, Winter.
- Hua Wang & Wheeler, David, 2000. "Endogenous enforcement and effectiveness of China's pollution levy system," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2336, The World Bank.
- Hettige, Hemamala & Mani, Muthukumara & Wheeler, David, 2000. "Industrial pollution in economic development: the environmental Kuznets curve revisited," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 445-476, August.
- Cheng, Jinhua & Dai, Sheng & Ye, Xinyue, 2016. "Spatiotemporal heterogeneity of industrial pollution in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 179-191.
- Hua Wang & Nlandu Mamingi & Benoit Laplante & Susmita Dasgupta, 2003.
"Incomplete Enforcement of Pollution Regulation: Bargaining Power of Chinese Factories,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 24(3), pages 245-262, March.
- Wang,Hua*Mamingi, Nlandu*Laplante, Benoit*Dasgup, 2002. "Incomplete enforcement of pollution regulation : bargaining power of Chinese factories," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2756, The World Bank.
- Stavins, Robert N., 2003.
"Experience with market-based environmental policy instruments,"
Handbook of Environmental Economics,in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 355-435
- Stavins, Robert, 2000. "Experience with Market-Based Environmental Policy Instruments," Working Paper Series rwp00-004, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Stavins, Robert, 2001. "Experience with Market-Based Environmental Policy Instruments," Discussion Papers dp-01-58, Resources For the Future.
- He, Jie, 2006.
"Pollution haven hypothesis and environmental impacts of foreign direct investment: The case of industrial emission of sulfur dioxide (SO2) in Chinese provinces,"
Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 228-245, November.
- Jie HE, 2005. "Pollution haven hypothesis and Environmental impacts of foreign direct investment: The Case of Industrial Emission of Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) in Chinese provinces," Working Papers 200506, CERDI.
- Jie He, 2011. "Pollution haven hypothesis and Environmental impacts of foreign direct investment: The Case of Industrial Emission of Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) in Chinese provinces," Working Papers halshs-00564699, HAL.
- Yinger Zheng & Haixia Zheng & Xinyue Ye, 2016. "Using Machine Learning in Environmental Tax Reform Assessment for Sustainable Development: A Case Study of Hubei Province, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-20, November.
- Hettige, Hemamala & Mani, Muthukumara & Wheeler, David, 1998. "Industrial pollution in economic development: Kuznets revisited," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1876, The World Bank.
- Wang,Hua*Ming Chen, 1999. "How the Chinese system of charges and subsidies affects pollution control efforts by China's top industrial polluters," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2198, The World Bank.
- Sterner, Thomas & Hoglund, Lena, 2000. "Output-Based Refunding of Emission Payments: Theory, Distribution of Costs, and International Experience," Discussion Papers dp-00-29, Resources For the Future.
- Hua Wang, 2000. "Pollution charges, community pressure, and abatement cost of industrial pollution in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2337, The World Bank.
- Yun Ping, 1998. "The Pollution Charge System in China: An Economic Incentive?," EEPSEA Research Report rr1998092, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Sep 1998.
- TAGUCHI Hiroyuki & MUROFUSHI Harutaka, 2009. "Environmental Latecomer's Effects in Chinese Provinces," ESRI Discussion paper series 212, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Clive Harris, 2003. "Private Participation in Infrastructure in Developing Countries : Trends, Impacts, and Policy Lessons," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15124, June.
- repec:eee:resene:v:50:y:2017:i:c:p:105-123 is not listed on IDEAS
- Afsah, Shakeb & Laplante, Benoit & Wheeler, David, 1996. "Controlling industrial pollution : a new paradigm," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1672, The World Bank.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Huq, Mainul & Wheeler, David, 1997. "Bending the rules : discretionary pollution control in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1761, The World Bank.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Laplante, Benoit & Namingi, Nlandu & Hua Wang, 2000. "Industrial environmental performance in China - the impact of inspections," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2285, The World Bank.
- Wang, Hua, 2002. "Pollution regulation and abatement efforts: evidence from China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 85-94, April.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Laplante, Benoit & Mamingi, Nlandu & Wang, Hua, 2001. "Inspections, pollution prices, and environmental performance: evidence from China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 487-498, March.
- Lan, Jing & Munro, Alistair & Liu, Zhen, 2017.
"Environmental regulatory stringency and the market for abatement goods and services in China,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 105-123.
- Jing Lan & Alistair Munro, 2014. "Environmental regulatory stringency and the market for abatement goods and services in China," GRIPS Discussion Papers 14-18, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics&Policies; Water and Industry; Pollution Management&Control; Water Conservation; Public Health Promotion; Sanitation and Sewerage; Water and Industry; Environmental Economics&Policies; Pollution Management&Control; Health Monitoring&Evaluation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1644. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.