Price caps, efficiency payoffs, and infrastructure contract renegotiation in Latin America
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Antonio Estache & J.L. Guasch & Lourdes Trujillo, 2003. "Price caps, efficiency pay-offs and infrastructure contract renegotiation in Latin America," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44100, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rossi, Martin A., 2001.
"Technical change and efficiency measures: the post-privatisation in the gas distribution sector in Argentina,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 295-304, May.
- Rossi, Martín, 2000. "Technical Change and Efficiency Measures: The Post-privatisation in the Gas Distribution Sector in Argentina," UADE Working Papers 7_2000, Instituto de Economía, Universidad Argentina de la Empresa.
- Eduardo Engel & Ronald Fischer & Alexander Galetovic, 1999. "The Chilean Infrastructure Concessions Program: Evaluation, Lessons and Prospects for the Future," Documentos de Trabajo 60, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- M. Resende & L. O. Facanha, 2002. "Privatization and efficiency in Brazilian telecommunications: an empirical study," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(12), pages 823-826.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ghulam, Yaseen, 2017. "Long-run performance of an industry after broader reforms including privatization," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 745-768.
- Ancor Suárez-Alemán & Tomás Serebrisky & Oscar Ponce de León, 2018. "Port reforms in Latin America and the Caribbean: where we stand, how we got here, and what is left," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 20(4), pages 495-513, December.
- Ghulam, Yaseen & Jaffry, Shabbar, 2015. "Efficiency and productivity of the cement industry: Pakistani experience of deregulation and privatisation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 101-115.
- Antonio Estache & Sergio Perelman & Lourdes Trujillo, 2006. "Infrastructure Reform in Developing Economies: Evidence from a survey of efficiency measures," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44062, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Rossi, Martín, 2000. "Análisis de eficiencia aplicado a la regulación ¿Es importante la Distribución Elegida para el Término de Ineficiencia?," UADE Textos de Discusión 22_2000, Instituto de Economía, Universidad Argentina de la Empresa.
- Klaus Gugler & Mario Liebensteiner, 2016.
"Productivity Growth and the General X-factor in Austria’s Gas Distribution,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
wuwp236, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Gugler, Klaus & Liebensteiner, Mario, 2016. "Productivity Growth and the General X-factor in Austria´s Gas Distribution," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 236, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Jarmila Horváthová & Martina Mokrišová & Mária Vrábliková, 2021. "Benchmarking—A Way of Finding Risk Factors in Business Performance," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 14(5), pages 1-17, May.
- Ariel Casarin, 2014. "Productivity throughout regulatory cycles in gas utilities," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 115-137, April.
- Tooraj Jamasb & Rabindra Nepal & Govinda Timilsina & Michael Toman, 2014. "Energy Sector Reform, Economic Efficiency and Poverty Reduction," Discussion Papers Series 529, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Andres Pereyra, 2008. "Asignación de riesgos en concesiones viales: evaluación de la aplicación de mecanismos de mitigación de riesgos en contratos de concesión en Uruguay," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 2008, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Ertürk, Mehmet & Türüt-AsIk, Serap, 2011. "Efficiency analysis of Turkish natural gas distribution companies by using data envelopment analysis method," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1426-1438, March.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio de, 2003. "The Truth about Privatization in Latin America," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm436, Yale School of Management.
- Xiaobo Shen & Boqiang Lin, 2017. "Total Factor Energy Efficiency of China’s Industrial Sector: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 9(4), pages 1-17, April.
- Capece, Guendalina & Costa, Roberta & Di Pillo, Francesca, 2021. "Benchmarking the efficiency of natural gas distribution utilities in Italy considering size, ownership, and maturity," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C).
- Ronaldo Seroa da Motta & Ajax R.B. Moreira, 2004. "Efficiency and Regulation in the Sanitation Sector in Brazil," Discussion Papers 1059, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Facanha, Luis Otavio & Resende, Marcelo, 2004. "Price cap regulation, incentives and quality:: The case of Brazilian telecommunications," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 133-144, November.
- Ajayi, V. & Anaya, K. & Pollitt, M .G., 2021. "Incentive Regulation, Productivity Growth and Environmental Effects: The Case of Electricity Networks in Great Britain," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 2181, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Dai, Xiaoyong & Cheng, Liwei, 2016. "Market distortions and aggregate productivity: Evidence from Chinese energy enterprises," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 304-313.
- Filippini, Massimo & Hrovatin, Nevenka & Zoric, Jelena, 2004.
"Efficiency and regulation of the Slovenian electricity distribution companies,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 335-344, February.
- Massimo Filippini & Nevenka Hrovatin & Jelena Zoric, 2002. "Efficiency and Regulation of the Slovenian Electricity Distribution Companies," CEPE Working paper series 02-14, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Farsi, Mehdi & Filippini, Massimo & Kuenzle, Michael, 2007.
"Cost efficiency in the Swiss gas distribution sector,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 64-78, January.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Michael Kuenzle, 2004. "Cost Efficiency in the Swiss Gas Distribution Sector," CEPE Working paper series 04-36, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational Terrorism&Counterterrorism; Decentralization; Labor Policies; Banks&Banking Reform; Environmental Economics&Policies; Banks&Banking Reform; Environmental Economics&Policies; International Terrorism&Counterterrorism; Water Supply and Sanitation Participation; Community Participation in Water Supply and Sanitation;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Roula I. Yazigi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.