Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Saggi, Kamal & Vettas, Nikolaos, 2002.
"On intrabrand and interbrand competition: The strategic role of fees and royalties,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 189-200, January.
- Saggi, Kamal & Vettas, Nikolaos, 1999. "On Intrabrand and Interbrand Competition: The Strategic Role of Fees and Royalties," CEPR Discussion Papers 2110, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Saggi, Kamal & Vettas, Nikolaos, 1999. "On Intrabrand and Interbrand Competition: The Strategic Role of Fees and Royalties," Working Papers 99-06, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1985. "The law of large numbers with a continuum of IID random variables," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 19-25, February.
- Brueckner, Jan K, 1993. "Inter-store Externalities and Space Allocation in Shopping Centers," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 5-16, July.
- Henderson, J V, 1974. "The Sizes and Types of Cities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 640-656, September.
- Jeffrey H. Fischer & Joseph E. Harrington Jr., 1996. "Product Variety and Firm Agglomeration," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(2), pages 281-309, Summer.
- Lee, Kangoh, 1995. "Optimal retail lease contracts: the principal-agent approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 727-738, December.
- James E. Rauch, 1993.
"Does History Matter Only When It Matters Little? The Case of City-Industry Location,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 843-867.
- James E. Rauch, 1993. "Does History Matter Only When it Matters Little? The Case of City-Indu try Location," NBER Working Papers 4312, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon P. Anderson & Regis Renault, 1999.
"Pricing, Product Diversity, and Search Costs: A Bertrand-Chamberlin-Diamond Model,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(4), pages 719-735, Winter.
- Anderson, S.P. & Renault, R., 1997. "Pricing, Product Diversity and Search Costs: A Bertrand-Chamberlin-Diamond Model," Papers 97.481, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Simon P. Anderson & Regis Renault, 1999. "Pricing, product diversity, and search costs: a Bertrand-Chamberlin-Diamond model," Virginia Economics Online Papers 335, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- Asher Wolinsky, 1983. "Retail Trade Concentration Due to Consumers' Imperfect Information," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(1), pages 275-282, Spring.
- Stahl, Konrad, 1987. "Therories of urban business location," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 19, pages 759-820 Elsevier.
- Benjamin, John D. & Boyle, Glenn W. & Sirmans, C. F., 1992. "Price discrimination in shopping center leases," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 299-317, November.
- William C. Wheaton, 2000. "Percentage Rent in Retail Leasing: The Alignment of Landlord-Tenant Interests," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 185-204.
- West, Douglas S, 1992. "An Empirical Analysis of Retail Chains and Shopping Center Similarity," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 201-221, June.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Stahl, Konrad, 1982. "Differentiated Products, Consumer Search, and Locational Oligopoly," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(1-2), pages 97-113, September.
- Lal, Rajiv & Matutes, Carmen, 1994. "Retail Pricing and Advertising Strategies," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67(3), pages 345-370, July.
- Diamond, Peter A., 1971. "A model of price adjustment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 156-168, June.
- Pashigian, B Peter & Gould, Eric D, 1998. "Internalizing Externalities: The Pricing of Space in Shopping Malls," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 115-142, April.
- Dudey, Marc, 1990. "Competition by Choice: The Effect of Consumer Search on Firm Location Decisions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1092-1104, December.
- Marc Dudey, 1988. "Competition by choice," International Finance Discussion Papers 327, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Sonstelie, Jon C. & Portney, Paul R., 1978. "Profit maximizing communities and the theory of local public expenditure," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 263-277, April.
- Wildasin, David E., 1987. "Theoretical analysis of local public economics," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 29, pages 1131-1178 Elsevier.
- Schweizer, Urs, 1983. "Efficient Exchange with a Variable Number of Consumers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(3), pages 575-584, May.
- Wooders, Myrna, 1978. "Equilibria, the core, and jurisdiction structures in economies with a local public good," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 328-348, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gokhan Guven & Eren Inci & Antonio Russo, 2017. "Apparent Competition in Two-Sided Platforms," CESifo Working Paper Series 6660, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ding, Ke & Gokan, Toshitaka & Zhu, Xiwei, 2013. "Search, matching, and self-organization of a marketplace," IDE Discussion Papers 396, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Helen Lawton Smith & Sharmistha Bagchi-Sen & Laurel Edmunds, 2016. "Innovation capacity in the healthcare sector and historical anchors: examples from the UK, Switzerland and the US," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(6), pages 1420-1439, December.
- Tingyu Zhou & John M. Clapp, 2016. "Predicting Risks of Anchor Store Openings and Closings," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 52(4), pages 449-479, May.
- Tarun Sabarwal & Randal Watson, 2010. "Large stores and contracting for mall locations," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201007, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2010.
- John M. Clapp & Stephen L. Ross & Tingyu Zhou, 2015. "Retail Agglomeration and Competition Externalities: Evidence from Openings and Closings of Multiline Department Stores in the US," Working papers 2015-04, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Zhou, Tingyu & Clapp, John M., 2015. "The location of new anchor stores within metropolitan areas," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 87-107.
- Ke Ding & Toshitaka Gokan & Xiwei Zhu, 2017. "Small business and the self-organization of a marketplace," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 58(1), pages 1-19, January.
- De Borger, Bruno & Russo, Antonio, 2017. "The political economy of pricing car access to downtown commercial districts," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 76-93.
More about this item
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:53:y:2003:i:3:p:413-435. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.