Commodity futures and market efficiency: A fractional integrated approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Los, Cornelis A. & Yu, Bing, 2008.
"Persistence characteristics of the Chinese stock markets,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 64-82.
- Cornelis A. Los & Bing Yu, 2005. "Persistence Characteristics of the Chinese Stock Markets," Finance 0508008, EconWPA.
- George Kapetanios, 2007. "Measuring Conditional Persistence in Nonlinear Time Series," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 69(3), pages 363-386, June.
- Pasquini, Michele & Serva, Maurizio, 1999. "Multiscaling and clustering of volatility," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 269(1), pages 140-147.
- Mark J. Jensen, 1997.
"Using Wavelets to Obtain a Consistent Ordinary Least Squares Estimator of the Long Memory Parameter,"
- Jensen, Mark J, 1999. "Using wavelets to obtain a consistent ordinary least squares estimator of the long-memory parameter," MPRA Paper 39152, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ané, Thierry & Ureche-Rangau, Loredana, 2008.
"Does trading volume really explain stock returns volatility?,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 216-235, July.
- Thierry Ané & Loredana Ureche-Rangau, 2004. "Does trading volume really explain stock returns volatility?," Working Papers 2004-FIN-02, IESEG School of Management.
- Fernandez, Viviana, 2007. "A postcard from the past: The behavior of U.S. stock markets during 1871–1938," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 386(1), pages 267-282.
- T. Ane & L. Ureche-Rangau, 2008. "Does Trading Volume Really Explain Stock Returns Volatility ?," Post-Print hal-00260668, HAL.
- Christopher F. Baum & John Barkoulas, 2006. "Long-memory forecasting of US monetary indices," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 291-302.
- Connor Jeff & Rossiter Rosemary, 2005. "Wavelet Transforms and Commodity Prices," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Jensen, Mark J., 2000.
"An alternative maximum likelihood estimator of long-memory processes using compactly supported wavelets,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 361-387, March.
- Mark J. Jensen, 1997. "An Alternative Maximum Likelihood Estimator of Long-Memeory Processes Using Compactly Supported Wavelets," Econometrics 9709002, EconWPA.
- Carbone, A. & Castelli, G. & Stanley, H.E., 2004. "Time-dependent Hurst exponent in financial time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 344(1), pages 267-271.
- John Barkoulas & Christopher Baum & Nickolaos Travlos, 2000. "Long memory in the Greek stock market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 177-184.
- Mulligan, Robert F., 2004. "Fractal analysis of highly volatile markets: an application to technology equities," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 155-179, February.
- Mielniczuk, J. & Wojdyllo, P., 2007. "Estimation of Hurst exponent revisited," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(9), pages 4510-4525, May.
- Mills, Terence C., 2004. "Statistical analysis of daily gold price data," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 338(3), pages 559-566.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Charfeddine, Lanouar, 2016. "Breaks or long range dependence in the energy futures volatility: Out-of-sample forecasting and VaR analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 354-374.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:129-143 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Yudong & Wu, Chongfeng, 2012. "Long memory in energy futures markets: Further evidence," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 261-272.
- Yudong Wang & Chongfeng Wu, 2013. "Efficiency of Crude Oil Futures Markets: New Evidence from Multifractal Detrending Moving Average Analysis," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 42(4), pages 393-414, December.
- Julio C. Alonso & Andrés M. Arcila, 2014. "Eficiencia semifuerte del mercado internacional del azúcar entre los años 2001 y 2011," REVISTA CUADERNOS DE ECONOMÍA, UN - RCE - CID, June.
- Liu, Li & Chen, Ching-Cheng & Wan, Jieqiu, 2013. "Is world oil market “one great pool”?: An example from China's and international oil markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 364-373.
- Juan Benjamín Duarte Duarte & Juan Manuel Mascare?nas Pérez-Iñigo, 2014. "Comprobación de la eficiencia débil en los principales mercados financieros latinoamericanos," ESTUDIOS GERENCIALES, UNIVERSIDAD ICESI, November.
- Sensoy, Ahmet & Hacihasanoglu, Erk, 2014. "Time-varying long range dependence in energy futures markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 318-327.
- Zhang, Bing, 2013. "Are the crude oil markets becoming more efficient over time? New evidence from a generalized spectral test," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 875-881.
- Yaya, OlaOluwa S. & Tumala, Mohammed M. & Udomboso, Christopher G., 2016. "Volatility persistence and returns spillovers between oil and gold prices: Analysis before and after the global financial crisis," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 273-281.
- Charfeddine, Lanouar, 2014. "True or spurious long memory in volatility: Further evidence on the energy futures markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 76-93.
- Hooi Hooi Lean & Russell Smyth, 2015.
"Testing for weak-form efficiency of crude palm oil spot and future markets: new evidence from a GARCH unit root test with multiple structural breaks,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(16), pages 1710-1721, April.
- Lean, Hooi Hooi & Smyth, Russell, 2014. "Testing for weak-form efficiency of Crude Palm Oil Spot and Futures Markets: New Evidence from a GARCH Unit Root Test with Multiple Structural Breaks," MPRA Paper 59121, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsFractional integration Efficiency market hypothesis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:35:y:2010:i:4:p:276-282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467 .