Commodity futures and market efficiency: A fractional integrated approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Los, Cornelis A. & Yu, Bing, 2008.
"Persistence characteristics of the Chinese stock markets,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 64-82.
- Cornelis A. Los & Bing Yu, 2005. "Persistence Characteristics of the Chinese Stock Markets," Finance 0508008, EconWPA.
- Pasquini, Michele & Serva, Maurizio, 1999. "Multiscaling and clustering of volatility," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 269(1), pages 140-147.
- Christopher F. Baum & John Barkoulas, 2006. "Long-memory forecasting of US monetary indices," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 291-302.
- John Barkoulas & Christopher Baum & Nickolaos Travlos, 2000. "Long memory in the Greek stock market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 177-184.
- Mulligan, Robert F., 2004. "Fractal analysis of highly volatile markets: an application to technology equities," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 155-179, February.
- Mills, Terence C., 2004. "Statistical analysis of daily gold price data," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 338(3), pages 559-566.
- George Kapetanios, 2007. "Measuring Conditional Persistence in Nonlinear Time Series," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 69(3), pages 363-386, June.
- Mark J. Jensen, 1997.
"Using Wavelets to Obtain a Consistent Ordinary Least Squares Estimator of the Long Memory Parameter,"
9710002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jensen, Mark J, 1999. "Using wavelets to obtain a consistent ordinary least squares estimator of the long-memory parameter," MPRA Paper 39152, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ané, Thierry & Ureche-Rangau, Loredana, 2008.
"Does trading volume really explain stock returns volatility?,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 216-235, July.
- Thierry Ané & Loredana Ureche-Rangau, 2004. "Does trading volume really explain stock returns volatility?," Working Papers 2004-FIN-02, IESEG School of Management.
- Fernandez, Viviana, 2007. "A postcard from the past: The behavior of U.S. stock markets during 1871–1938," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 386(1), pages 267-282.
- T. Ane & L. Ureche-Rangau, 2008. "Does Trading Volume Really Explain Stock Returns Volatility ?," Post-Print hal-00260668, HAL.
- Connor Jeff & Rossiter Rosemary, 2005. "Wavelet Transforms and Commodity Prices," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Jensen, Mark J., 2000.
"An alternative maximum likelihood estimator of long-memory processes using compactly supported wavelets,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 361-387, March.
- Mark J. Jensen, 1997. "An Alternative Maximum Likelihood Estimator of Long-Memeory Processes Using Compactly Supported Wavelets," Econometrics 9709002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carbone, A. & Castelli, G. & Stanley, H.E., 2004. "Time-dependent Hurst exponent in financial time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 344(1), pages 267-271.
- Mielniczuk, J. & Wojdyllo, P., 2007. "Estimation of Hurst exponent revisited," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(9), pages 4510-4525, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Charfeddine, Lanouar, 2016. "Breaks or long range dependence in the energy futures volatility: Out-of-sample forecasting and VaR analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 354-374.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:129-143 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Yudong & Wu, Chongfeng, 2012. "Long memory in energy futures markets: Further evidence," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 261-272.
- Yudong Wang & Chongfeng Wu, 2013. "Efficiency of Crude Oil Futures Markets: New Evidence from Multifractal Detrending Moving Average Analysis," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 42(4), pages 393-414, December.
- Julio C. Alonso & Andrés M. Arcila, 2014. "Eficiencia semifuerte del mercado internacional del azúcar entre los años 2001 y 2011," REVISTA CUADERNOS DE ECONOMÍA, UN - RCE - CID, June.
- Liu, Li & Chen, Ching-Cheng & Wan, Jieqiu, 2013. "Is world oil market “one great pool”?: An example from China's and international oil markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 364-373.
- Juan Benjamín Duarte Duarte & Juan Manuel Mascare?nas Pérez-Iñigo, 2014. "Comprobación de la eficiencia débil en los principales mercados financieros latinoamericanos," ESTUDIOS GERENCIALES, UNIVERSIDAD ICESI, November.
- Sensoy, Ahmet & Hacihasanoglu, Erk, 2014. "Time-varying long range dependence in energy futures markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 318-327.
- Zhang, Bing, 2013. "Are the crude oil markets becoming more efficient over time? New evidence from a generalized spectral test," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 875-881.
- Yaya, OlaOluwa S. & Tumala, Mohammed M. & Udomboso, Christopher G., 2016. "Volatility persistence and returns spillovers between oil and gold prices: Analysis before and after the global financial crisis," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 273-281.
- Charfeddine, Lanouar, 2014. "True or spurious long memory in volatility: Further evidence on the energy futures markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 76-93.
- Hooi Hooi Lean & Russell Smyth, 2015.
"Testing for weak-form efficiency of crude palm oil spot and future markets: new evidence from a GARCH unit root test with multiple structural breaks,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(16), pages 1710-1721, April.
- Lean, Hooi Hooi & Smyth, Russell, 2014. "Testing for weak-form efficiency of Crude Palm Oil Spot and Futures Markets: New Evidence from a GARCH Unit Root Test with Multiple Structural Breaks," MPRA Paper 59121, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsFractional integration Efficiency market hypothesis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:35:y:2010:i:4:p:276-282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.