The transparency of the ECB policy: What can we learn from its foreign exchange market interventions?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Geraats, P.M., 2004.
"How Transparent Are Central Banks?,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0411, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Eijffinger, Sylvester C W & Geraats, Petra M, 2002. "How Transparent are Central Banks?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3188, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Geraats, P., 2006. "How transparent are central banks?," Other publications TiSEM b34dfb1f-520f-4787-a08f-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Rasmus Fatum & Michael M. Hutchison, .
"Is Intervention a Signal of Future Monetary Policy? Evidence from the Federal Funds Futures Market,"
EPRU Working Paper Series
96-13, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Fatum, Rasmus & Hutchison, Michael, 1999. "Is Intervention a Signal of Future Monetary Policy? Evidece from the Federal Funds Futures Market," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(1), pages 54-69, February.
- Allen, Helen & Taylor, Mark P, 1990. "Charts, Noise and Fundamentals in the London Foreign Exchange Market," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(400), pages 49-59, Supplemen.
- M. Frenkel & C. Pierdzionc & G. Stadtmann, 2001. "The foreign exchange market interventions of the European Central Bank," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 54(218), pages 249-287.
- Mundell, Robert, 2000. "Currency Areas, Volatility and Intervention," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 281-299, May.
- Taylor, Mark P. & Allen, Helen, 1992. "The use of technical analysis in the foreign exchange market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 304-314, June.
- Graciela Kaminsky & Karen K. Lewis, 1993.
"Does Foreign Exchange Intervention Signal Future Monetary Policy?,"
NBER Working Papers
4298, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaminsky, Graciela L. & Lewis, Karen K., 1996. "Does foreign exchange intervention signal future monetary policy?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 285-312, April.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Karen K. Lewis, 1993. "Does foreign exchange intervention signal future monetary policy?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-1, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kaminsky, G.L. & Lewis, K.K., 1992. "Does Foreign Exchange Intervention Signal Future Monetary Policy?," Weiss Center Working Papers 93-3, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Karen K. Lewis, 1996. "Does foreign exchange intervention signal future monetary policy?," Working Papers 96-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- M. Frenkel & C. Pierdzionc & G. Stadtmann, 2001. "The foreign exchange market interventions of the European Central Bank," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 54(218), pages 249-287.
- Hung, Juann H, 1997. "Intervention strategies and exchange rate volatility: a noise trading perspective," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 779-793, September.
- Black, Fischer, 1986. " Noise," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 529-43, July.
- Frenkel, Michael & Pierdzioch, Christian & Stadtmann, Georg, 2004.
"The accuracy of press reports regarding the foreign exchange interventions of the Bank of Japan,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 25-36, February.
- Michael Frenkel & Christian Pierdzioch & Georg Stadtmann, 2002. "The Accuracy of Press Reports Regarding the Foreign Exchange Interventions of the Bank of Japan," Kiel Working Papers 1108, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Humpage, Owen F. & Osterberg, William P., 2000. "Intervention from an information perspective," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 407-421, December.
- Stein, Jeremy C, 1989. "Cheap Talk and the Fed: A Theory of Imprecise Policy Announcements," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 32-42, March.
- Willem H. Buiter, 1999.
"Alice in Euroland,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
20226, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Dominick Salvatore, 2002. "The EURO: Expectations and Performance," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 28(1), pages 121-136, Winter.
- Petra M. Geraats, 2002. "Central Bank Transparency," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 532-565, November.
- Anna Schwartz, 2000. "The Rise and Fall of Foreign Exchange Market Intervention as a Policy Tool," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 18(2), pages 319-339, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:28:y:2006:i:2:p:141-156. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.