The accuracy of press reports regarding the foreign exchange interventions of the Bank of Japan
This paper presents evidence on the accuracy of press reports regarding the foreign exchange market interventions conducted by the Bank of Japan (BoJ) between January 1995 and December 1999. We find that the reports of interventions in the financial press are a relatively inaccurate indicator for the actual interventions of the BoJ. We also find that the accuracy of press reports of BoJ interventions is higher for those interventions which were carried out jointly by the BoJ and the Federal Reserve.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 14 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dominguez, Kathryn M., 1998. "Central bank intervention and exchange rate volatility1," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 161-190, February.
- Christopher J. Neely, 1998. "Technical analysis and the profitability of U.S. foreign exchange intervention," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 3-17.
- Klein, Michael W., 1993.
"The accuracy of reports of foreign exchange intervention,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 644-653, December.
- Michael W. Klein, 1992. "The Accuracy of Reports of Foreign Exchange Intervention," NBER Working Papers 4165, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takatoshi Ito, 2003. "Is foreign exchange intervention effective? The Japanese experiences in the 1990s," Chapters,in: Monetary History, Exchange Rates and Financial Markets, chapter 5 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Takatoshi Ito, 2002. "Is Foreign Exchange Intervention Effective?: The Japanese experiences in the 1990s," Discussion Paper Series a428, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Takatoshi Ito, 2002. "Is Foreign Exchange Intervention Effective?: The Japanese Experiences in the 1990s," NBER Working Papers 8914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ramana Ramaswamy & Hossein Samiei, 2000. "The Yen-Dollar Rate; Have Interventions Mattered?," IMF Working Papers 00/95, International Monetary Fund. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:14:y:2004:i:1:p:25-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.