The accuracy of press reports regarding the foreign exchange interventions of the Bank of Japan
This paper presents evidence on the accuracy of press reports regarding the foreign exchange market interventions conducted by the Bank of Japan (BoJ) between January 1995 and December 1999. We find that the reports of interventions in the financial press are a relatively inaccurate indicator for the actual interventions of the BoJ. We also find that the accuracy of press reports of BoJ interventions is higher for those interventions which were carried out jointly by the BoJ and the Federal Reserve.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 14 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dominguez, Kathryn M., 1998. "Central bank intervention and exchange rate volatility1," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 161-190, February.
- Christopher J. Neely, 1998. "Technical analysis and the profitability of U.S. foreign exchange intervention," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 3-17.
- Klein, Michael W., 1993.
"The accuracy of reports of foreign exchange intervention,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 644-653, December.
- Michael W. Klein, 1992. "The Accuracy of Reports of Foreign Exchange Intervention," NBER Working Papers 4165, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takatoshi Ito, 2002.
"Is Foreign Exchange Intervention Effective?: The Japanese Experiences in the 1990s,"
NBER Working Papers
8914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takatoshi Ito, 2003. "Is foreign exchange intervention effective? The Japanese experiences in the 1990s," Chapters, in: Monetary History, Exchange Rates and Financial Markets, chapter 5 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Takatoshi Ito, 2002. "Is Foreign Exchange Intervention Effective?: The Japanese experiences in the 1990s," Discussion Paper Series a428, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ramana Ramaswamy & Hossein Samiei, 2000. "The Yen-Dollar Rate; Have Interventions Mattered?," IMF Working Papers 00/95, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:14:y:2004:i:1:p:25-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.