Combining forecasts of electricity consumption in China with time-varying weights updated by a high-order Markov chain model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kucukali, Serhat & Baris, Kemal, 2010. "Turkey's short-term gross annual electricity demand forecast by fuzzy logic approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2438-2445, May.
- Azadeh, A. & Tarverdian, S., 2007. "Integration of genetic algorithm, computer simulation and design of experiments for forecasting electrical energy consumption," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 5229-5241, October.
- Li, Der-Chiang & Chang, Che-Jung & Chen, Chien-Chih & Chen, Wen-Chih, 2012. "Forecasting short-term electricity consumption using the adaptive grey-based approach—An Asian case," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 767-773.
- Wang, Yuanyuan & Wang, Jianzhou & Zhao, Ge & Dong, Yao, 2012. "Application of residual modification approach in seasonal ARIMA for electricity demand forecasting: A case study of China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 284-294.
- Taylor, James W. & Snyder, Ralph D., 2012.
"Forecasting intraday time series with multiple seasonal cycles using parsimonious seasonal exponential smoothing,"
Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 748-757.
- James W. Taylor & Ralph D. Snyder, 2009. "Forecasting Intraday Time Series with Multiple Seasonal Cycles Using Parsimonious Seasonal Exponential Smoothing," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 9/09, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Abdel-Aal, R.E. & Al-Garni, A.Z. & Al-Nassar, Y.N., 1997. "Modelling and forecasting monthly electric energy consumption in eastern Saudi Arabia using abductive networks," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 911-921.
- Guo, Zhenhai & Zhao, Weigang & Lu, Haiyan & Wang, Jianzhou, 2012. "Multi-step forecasting for wind speed using a modified EMD-based artificial neural network model," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 241-249.
- Zhu, Bangzhu & Wei, Yiming, 2013. "Carbon price forecasting with a novel hybrid ARIMA and least squares support vector machines methodology," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 517-524.
- Ohtsuka, Yoshihiro & Oga, Takashi & Kakamu, Kazuhiko, 2010. "Forecasting electricity demand in Japan: A Bayesian spatial autoregressive ARMA approach," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(11), pages 2721-2735, November.
- Trapero, Juan R. & Kourentzes, N. & Fildes, R., 2012. "Impact of information exchange on supplier forecasting performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 738-747.
- Chan, Chi Kin & Kingsman, Brian G. & Wong, H., 2004. "Determining when to update the weights in combined forecasts for product demand--an application of the CUSUM technique," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 153(3), pages 757-768, March.
- Geweke, John & Amisano, Gianni, 2011. "Optimal prediction pools," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 164(1), pages 130-141, September.
- Zhu, Suling & Wang, Jianzhou & Zhao, Weigang & Wang, Jujie, 2011. "A seasonal hybrid procedure for electricity demand forecasting in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 3807-3815.
- Hahn, Heiko & Meyer-Nieberg, Silja & Pickl, Stefan, 2009. "Electric load forecasting methods: Tools for decision making," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 199(3), pages 902-907, December.
- Karin Kandananond, 2011. "Forecasting Electricity Demand in Thailand with an Artificial Neural Network Approach," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(8), pages 1-12, August.
- Yu, Lean & Wang, Shouyang & Lai, Kin Keung, 2008. "Forecasting crude oil price with an EMD-based neural network ensemble learning paradigm," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2623-2635, September.
- Nguyen, Hang T. & Nabney, Ian T., 2010. "Short-term electricity demand and gas price forecasts using wavelet transforms and adaptive models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 3674-3685.
- Mohamed, Zaid & Bodger, Pat, 2005. "Forecasting electricity consumption in New Zealand using economic and demographic variables," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 1833-1843.
- Huang, Min & He, Yong & Cen, Haiyan, 2007. "Predictive analysis on electric-power supply and demand in China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1165-1174.
- An, Ning & Zhao, Weigang & Wang, Jianzhou & Shang, Duo & Zhao, Erdong, 2013. "Using multi-output feedforward neural network with empirical mode decomposition based signal filtering for electricity demand forecasting," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 279-288.
- Kavaklioglu, Kadir, 2011. "Modeling and prediction of Turkey's electricity consumption using Support Vector Regression," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 368-375, January.
- Wang, Jianzhou & Zhu, Suling & Zhang, Wenyu & Lu, Haiyan, 2010. "Combined modeling for electric load forecasting with adaptive particle swarm optimization," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 1671-1678.
- Azadeh, A. & Ghaderi, S.F. & Sohrabkhani, S., 2008. "A simulated-based neural network algorithm for forecasting electrical energy consumption in Iran," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2637-2644, July.
- Heejoon Kang, 1986. "Unstable Weights in the Combination of Forecasts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(6), pages 683-695, June.
- Thury, Gerhard & Witt, Stephen F., 1998. "Forecasting industrial production using structural time series models," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 751-767, December.
- Mark W. Watson & James H. Stock, 2004. "Combination forecasts of output growth in a seven-country data set," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(6), pages 405-430.
- Wang, Ju-Jie & Wang, Jian-Zhou & Zhang, Zhe-George & Guo, Shu-Po, 2012. "Stock index forecasting based on a hybrid model," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 758-766.
- Rasmussen, Rasmus, 2004. "On time series data and optimal parameters," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 111-120, April.
- Bacchetti, Andrea & Saccani, Nicola, 2012. "Spare parts classification and demand forecasting for stock control: Investigating the gap between research and practice," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 722-737.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shao, Zhen & Gao, Fei & Yang, Shan-Lin & Yu, Ben-gong, 2015. "A new semiparametric and EEMD based framework for mid-term electricity demand forecasting in China: Hidden characteristic extraction and probability density prediction," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 876-889.
- Wang, Yun & Wang, Jianzhou & Wei, Xiang, 2015. "A hybrid wind speed forecasting model based on phase space reconstruction theory and Markov model: A case study of wind farms in northwest China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 556-572.
- Safari, Ali & Davallou, Maryam, 2018. "Oil price forecasting using a hybrid model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 49-58.
- Pruethsan Sutthichaimethee & Kuskana Kubaha, 2018. "The Efficiency of Long-Term Forecasting Model on Final Energy Consumption in Thailand’s Petroleum Industries Sector: Enriching the LT-ARIMAXS Model under a Sustainability Policy," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(8), pages 1-18, August.
- Weide Li & Xuan Yang & Hao Li & Lili Su, 2017. "Hybrid Forecasting Approach Based on GRNN Neural Network and SVR Machine for Electricity Demand Forecasting," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Zhao, Weigang & Cao, Yunfei & Miao, Bo & Wang, Ke & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2018. "Impacts of shifting China's final energy consumption to electricity on CO2 emission reduction," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 359-369.
- Li, Bing-Bing & Liang, Qiao-Mei & Wang, Jin-Cheng, 2015. "A comparative study on prediction methods for China's medium- and long-term coal demand," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P2), pages 1671-1683.
- Chen, Yizhong & He, Li & Li, Jing & Cheng, Xi & Lu, Hongwei, 2016. "An inexact bi-level simulation–optimization model for conjunctive regional renewable energy planning and air pollution control for electric power generation systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 969-983.
- Li, Jingrui & Wang, Rui & Wang, Jianzhou & Li, Yifan, 2018. "Analysis and forecasting of the oil consumption in China based on combination models optimized by artificial intelligence algorithms," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 243-264.
- Xuejiao Ma & Dandan Liu, 2016. "Comparative Study of Hybrid Models Based on a Series of Optimization Algorithms and Their Application in Energy System Forecasting," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(8), pages 1-34, August.
- Bacci, Livio Agnew & Mello, Luiz Gustavo & Incerti, Taynara & Paulo de Paiva, Anderson & Balestrassi, Pedro Paulo, 2019. "Optimization of combined time series methods to forecast the demand for coffee in Brazil: A new approach using Normal Boundary Intersection coupled with mixture designs of experiments and rotated fact," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 212(C), pages 186-211.
- Min-Liang Huang, 2016. "Hybridization of Chaotic Quantum Particle Swarm Optimization with SVR in Electric Demand Forecasting," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(6), pages 1-16, May.
- Ding, Song & Hipel, Keith W. & Dang, Yao-guo, 2018. "Forecasting China's electricity consumption using a new grey prediction model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 314-328.
- Xu, Ning & Dang, Yaoguo & Gong, Yande, 2017. "Novel grey prediction model with nonlinear optimized time response method for forecasting of electricity consumption in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 473-480.
- Matsumoto, Ken׳ichi & Andriosopoulos, Kostas, 2016. "Energy security in East Asia under climate mitigation scenarios in the 21st century," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 59(PA), pages 60-71.
- Cheng-Wen Lee & Bing-Yi Lin, 2016. "Application of Hybrid Quantum Tabu Search with Support Vector Regression (SVR) for Load Forecasting," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-16, October.
- Chengshi Tian & Yan Hao, 2018. "A Novel Nonlinear Combined Forecasting System for Short-Term Load Forecasting," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-34, March.
- Xiao, Ling & Wang, Jianzhou & Dong, Yao & Wu, Jie, 2015. "Combined forecasting models for wind energy forecasting: A case study in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 271-288.
- Yi Liang & Dongxiao Niu & Ye Cao & Wei-Chiang Hong, 2016. "Analysis and Modeling for China’s Electricity Demand Forecasting Using a Hybrid Method Based on Multiple Regression and Extreme Learning Machine: A View from Carbon Emission," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-22, November.
- Namrye Son & Seunghak Yang & Jeongseung Na, 2019. "Hybrid Forecasting Model for Short-Term Wind Power Prediction Using Modified Long Short-Term Memory," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(20), pages 1-17, October.
- Xiao, Liye & Wang, Jianzhou & Hou, Ru & Wu, Jie, 2015. "A combined model based on data pre-analysis and weight coefficients optimization for electrical load forecasting," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 524-549.
- Li, Chuan & Tao, Ying & Ao, Wengang & Yang, Shuai & Bai, Yun, 2018. "Improving forecasting accuracy of daily enterprise electricity consumption using a random forest based on ensemble empirical mode decomposition," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 165(PB), pages 1220-1227.
More about this item
KeywordsMonthly electricity consumption in China; Time-varying-weight combining method; High-order Markov chain model; Multi-step-ahead combination forecasting; Out-of-sample forecasting accuracy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:45:y:2014:i:c:p:80-91. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.