Stock index forecasting based on a hybrid model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Armstrong, J. Scott, 1989. "Combining forecasts: The end of the beginning or the beginning of the end?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 585-588.
- Wu, Berlin & Chang, Chih-Li, 2002. "Using genetic algorithms to parameters (d,r) estimation for threshold autoregressive models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 315-330, January.
- Zhang, Guoqiang & Eddy Patuwo, B. & Y. Hu, Michael, 1998. "Forecasting with artificial neural networks:: The state of the art," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 35-62, March.
- Ribeiro, Celma O. & Oliveira, Sydnei M., 2011. "A hybrid commodity price-forecasting model applied to the sugar–alcohol sector," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(2), June.
- Pai, Ping-Feng & Lin, Chih-Sheng, 2005. "A hybrid ARIMA and support vector machines model in stock price forecasting," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 497-505, December.
- Pao, H.T., 2009. "Forecasting energy consumption in Taiwan using hybrid nonlinear models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1438-1446.
- Uri, Noel D, 1977. "Forecasting: A hybrid approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 463-472.
- Huang, Min & He, Yong & Cen, Haiyan, 2007. "Predictive analysis on electric-power supply and demand in China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1165-1174.
- Leigh, W. & Paz, M. & Purvis, R., 2002. "An analysis of a hybrid neural network and pattern recognition technique for predicting short-term increases in the NYSE composite index," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 69-76, April.
- Sunil Gupta & Peter C. Wilton, 1987. "Combination of Forecasts: An Extension," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(3), pages 356-372, March.
- Franses, Philip Hans & Ghijsels, Hendrik, 1999. "Additive outliers, GARCH and forecasting volatility," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-9, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kizilaslan, Recep & Freund, Steven & Iseri, Ali, 2016. "A data analytic approach to forecasting daily stock returns in an emerging marketAuthor-Name: Oztekin, Asil," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 253(3), pages 697-710.
- Sermpinis, Georgios & Theofilatos, Konstantinos & Karathanasopoulos, Andreas & Georgopoulos, Efstratios F. & Dunis, Christian, 2013. "Forecasting foreign exchange rates with adaptive neural networks using radial-basis functions and Particle Swarm Optimization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 225(3), pages 528-540.
- Doyle, John R. & Chen, Catherine H., 2013. "Patterns in stock market movements tested as random number generators," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 227(1), pages 122-132.
- repec:spr:fininn:v:3:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40854-017-0074-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhao, Weigang & Wang, Jianzhou & Lu, Haiyan, 2014. "Combining forecasts of electricity consumption in China with time-varying weights updated by a high-order Markov chain model," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 80-91.
- Heng-Li Yang & Han-Chou Lin, 2017. "Applying the Hybrid Model of EMD, PSR, and ELM to Exchange Rates Forecasting," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 49(1), pages 99-116, January.
- repec:spr:eurasi:v:7:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s40821-016-0056-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yu, Feng & Xu, Xiaozhong, 2014. "A short-term load forecasting model of natural gas based on optimized genetic algorithm and improved BP neural network," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 102-113.
- Martha Cecilia García & Aura María Jalal & Luis Alfonso Garzón & Jorge Mario López, 2013. "Métodos para predecir índices Bursátiles," REVISTA ECOS DE ECONOMÍA, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT, December.
- Masafumi Nakano & Akihiko Takahashi & Soichiro Takahashi, 2017. "Creating Investment Scheme with State Space Modeling," CARF F-Series cf406, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Nazarian, Rafik & Gandali Alikhani, Nadiya & Naderi, Esmaeil & Amiri, Ashkan, 2013. "Forecasting Stock Market Volatility: A Forecast Combination Approach," MPRA Paper 46786, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ruiz-Aguilar, J.J. & Turias, I.J. & Jiménez-Come, M.J., 2014. "Hybrid approaches based on SARIMA and artificial neural networks for inspection time series forecasting," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 1-13.
- Masafumi Nakano & Akihiko Takahashi & Soichiro Takahashi, 2017. "Creating Investment Scheme with State Space Modeling," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-1038, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Svetunkov, Ivan & Kourentzes, Nikolaos, 2015. "Complex Exponential Smoothing," MPRA Paper 69394, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsStock price; Forecasting; Exponential smoothing; ARIMA; BPNN; Genetic algorithm; Hybrid model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:40:y:2012:i:6:p:758-766. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .