"Cherry picking" in subprime mortgage securitizations: Which subprime mortgage loans were sold by depository institutions prior to the crisis of 2007?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Leonard Nakamura, 2014.
"Durable Financial Regulation: Monitoring Financial Instruments as a Counterpart to Regulating Financial Institutions,"
NBER Chapters,in: Measuring Wealth and Financial Intermediation and Their Links to the Real Economy, pages 67-88
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leonard I. Nakamura, 2010. "Durable financial regulation: monitoring financial instruments as a counterpart to regulating financial institutions," Working Papers 10-22, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Leonard Nakamura, 2011. "Durable Financial Regulation: Monitoring Financial Instruments as a Counterpart to Regulating Financial Institutions," NBER Working Papers 17006, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leonard I. Nakamura, 2012. "Durable financial regulation: monitoring financial instruments as a counterpart to regulating financial institutions," Working Papers 13-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Paul Calem & James Follain, 2007. "Regulatory Capital Arbitrage and the Potential Competitive Impact of Basel II in the Market for Residential Mortgages," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 197-219, August.
- Kai-yan Lee, 2008. "Foreclosure's price-depressing spillover effects on local properties: a literature review," Public and Community Affairs Discussion Papers 2008-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- L. Wray, 2008. "Lessons from the Subprime Meltdown," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(2), pages 40-68.
- Keys, Benjamin J. & Mukherjee, Tanmoy & Seru, Amit & Vig, Vikrant, 2009. "Financial regulation and securitization: Evidence from subprime loans," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(5), pages 700-720, July.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean Tirole, 1994. "The prudential regulation of banks," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9539, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Green, Richard K., 2008. "Imperfect information and the housing finance crisis: A descriptive overview," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 262-271, December.
- Passmore, Wayne & Sparks, Roger, 1996.
"Putting the Squeeze on a Market for Lemons: Government-Sponsored Mortgage Securitization,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 27-43, July.
- Wayne Passmore & Roger Sparks, 1995. "Putting the squeeze on a market for lemons: government-sponsored mortgage securitization," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-13, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Joshua D. Coval & Jakub W. Jurek & Erik Stafford, 2009. "Economic Catastrophe Bonds," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(3), pages 628-666, June.
- Peter DeMarzo & Darrell Duffie, 1999. "A Liquidity-Based Model of Security Design," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(1), pages 65-100, January.
- Yuliya Demyanyk & Otto Van Hemert, 2011.
"Understanding the Subprime Mortgage Crisis,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(6), pages 1848-1880.
- Kristopher S. Gerardi & Adam Hale Shapiro & Paul S. Willen, 2007.
"Subprime outcomes: risky mortgages, homeownership experiences, and foreclosures,"
07-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Paul S. Willen & Adam Hale Shapiro & Kristopher Gerardi, 2008. "Subprime Outcomes: Risky Mortgages, Homeownership Experiences, and Foreclosures," 2008 Meeting Papers 345, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Atif Mian & Amir Sufi, 2009. "The Consequences of Mortgage Credit Expansion: Evidence from the U.S. Mortgage Default Crisis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(4), pages 1449-1496.
- Haughwout, Andrew & Peach, Richard & Tracy, Joseph, 2008.
"Juvenile delinquent mortgages: Bad credit or bad economy?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, pages 246-257.
- Andrew F. Haughwout & Richard Peach & Joseph Tracy, 2008. "Juvenile delinquent mortgages: bad credit or bad economy?," Staff Reports 341, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Robert B. Avery & Kenneth P. Brevoort & Glenn B. Canner, 2006. "Higher-priced home lending and the 2005 HMDA data," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Sep, pages 123-166.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2009.
"The Credit Crisis: Conjectures about Causes and Remedies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 606-610, May.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram Rajan, 2009. "The Credit Crisis: Conjectures about Causes and Remedies," NBER Working Papers 14739, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter M. DeMarzo, 2005. "The Pooling and Tranching of Securities: A Model of Informed Intermediation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(1), pages 1-35.
- Benjamin J. Keys & Tanmoy Mukherjee & Amit Seru & Vikrant Vig, 2010. "Did Securitization Lead to Lax Screening? Evidence from Subprime Loans," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(1), pages 307-362.
- repec:oup:rfinst:v:25:y::i:7:p:2071-2108 is not listed on IDEAS
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Joshua Coval & Jakub Jurek & Erik Stafford, 2009. "The Economics of Structured Finance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 3-25, Winter.
- Brent Ambrose & Michael LaCour-Little & Anthony Sanders, 2005. "Does Regulatory Capital Arbitrage, Reputation, or Asymmetric Information Drive Securitization?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 28(1), pages 113-133, October.
- Ashcraft, Adam B. & Schuermann, Til, 2008.
"Understanding the Securitization of Subprime Mortgage Credit,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance,
now publishers, vol. 2(3), pages 191-309, June.
- Adam B. Ashcraft & Til Schuermann, 2008. "Understanding the securitization of subprime mortgage credit," Staff Reports 318, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Hahn Robert & Passell Peter, 2008. "Better that the Fed Regulates Subprime Mortgages," The Economists' Voice, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-3, February.
- Coleman IV, Major & LaCour-Little, Michael & Vandell, Kerry D., 2008. "Subprime lending and the housing bubble: Tail wags dog?," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 272-290, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frame, W. Scott, 2017. "Agency Conflicts in Residential Mortgage Securitization: What Does the Empirical Literature Tell Us?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2017-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Henderson, Christopher & Lang, William W. & Jackson, William E., 2015. "Insider bank runs: community bank fragility and the financial crisis of 2007," Working Papers 15-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Michal Jurek & Pawel Marszalek, 2014. "Subprime mortgages and the MBSs in generating and transmitting the global financial crisis," Working papers wpaper40, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- James P. Dow, 2016. "Mortgage originations during 2002-2007 as an example of an evolutionary market," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 26(5), pages 1007-1032, December.
More about this item
KeywordsSubprime mortgages Securitization Credit risk;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:20:y:2011:i:2:p:120-140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622881 .