Durable financial regulation: monitoring financial instruments as a counterpart to regulating financial institutions
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Leonard Nakamura, 2014. "Durable Financial Regulation: Monitoring Financial Instruments as a Counterpart to Regulating Financial Institutions," NBER Chapters,in: Measuring Wealth and Financial Intermediation and Their Links to the Real Economy, pages 67-88 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leonard Nakamura, 2011. "Durable Financial Regulation: Monitoring Financial Instruments as a Counterpart to Regulating Financial Institutions," NBER Working Papers 17006, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leonard I. Nakamura, 2012. "Durable financial regulation: monitoring financial instruments as a counterpart to regulating financial institutions," Working Papers 13-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Covitz & Nellie Liang & Gustavo A. Suarez, 2013. "The Evolution of a Financial Crisis: Collapse of the Asset-Backed Commercial Paper Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 68(3), pages 815-848, June.
- Keys, Benjamin J. & Mukherjee, Tanmoy & Seru, Amit & Vig, Vikrant, 2009. "Financial regulation and securitization: Evidence from subprime loans," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(5), pages 700-720, July.
- Theodore M. Crone & Leonard I. Nakamura & Richard Voith, 2010.
"Rents Have Been Rising, Not Falling, in the Postwar Period,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 92(3), pages 628-642, August.
- Bridget Cronin & Leonard I. Nakamura & Richard Voith, 2008. "Rents have been rising, not falling, in the postwar period," Working Papers 08-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Yuliya Demyanyk & Otto Van Hemert, 2011.
"Understanding the Subprime Mortgage Crisis,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(6), pages 1848-1880.
- Leonard I. Nakamura & Kasper Roszbach, 2010.
"Credit ratings and bank monitoring ability,"
10-21, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Leonard I. Nakamura & Kasper Roszbach, 2013. "Credit ratings and bank monitoring ability," Working Papers 13-21, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Nakamura, L.I. & Roszbach, K., 2010. "Credit Ratings and Bank Monitoring Ability," Discussion Paper 2010-37S, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kenneth R. French & Martin N. Baily & John Y. Campbell & John H. Cochrane & Douglas W. Diamond & Darrell Duffie & Anil K Kashyap & Frederic S. Mishkin & Raghuram G. Rajan & David S. Scharfstein & Robe, 2010.
"The Squam Lake Report: Fixing the Financial System,"
Princeton University Press,
edition 1, number 9261.
- Kenneth French & Martin Baily & John Campbell & John Cochrane & Douglas Diamond & Darrell Duffie & Anil Kashyap & Frederic Mishkin & Raghuram Rajan & David Scharfstein & Robert Shiller & Hyun Song Shi, 2010. "The Squam Lake Report: Fixing the Financial System," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 22(3), pages 8-21.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Calem, Paul S. & Nakamura, Leonard I., 2012. "Subprime mortgages and the housing bubble," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 230-243.
- Joshua Coval & Jakub Jurek & Erik Stafford, 2009. "The Economics of Structured Finance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 3-25, Winter.
- Jacobson, Tor & Linde, Jesper & Roszbach, Kasper, 2006.
"Internal ratings systems, implied credit risk and the consistency of banks' risk classification policies,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1899-1926, July.
- Jacobson, Tor & Lindé, Jesper & Roszbach, Kasper, 2003. "Internal Ratings Systems, Implied Credit Risk and the Consistency of Banks’ Risk Classification Policies," Working Paper Series 155, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Joshua Gallin, 2008. "The Long-Run Relationship Between House Prices and Rents," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 36(4), pages 635-658, December.
- Daniel M. Covitz & J. Nellie Liang & Gustavo A. Suarez, 2009. "The evolution of a financial crisis: panic in the asset-backed commercial paper market," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Cho, Man & Megbolugbe, Isaac F, 1996. "An Empirical Analysis of Property Appraisal and Mortgage Redlining," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 45-55, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Calem, Paul & Henderson, Christopher & Liles, Jonathan, 2011. ""Cherry picking" in subprime mortgage securitizations: Which subprime mortgage loans were sold by depository institutions prior to the crisis of 2007?," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 120-140, June.
More about this item
KeywordsFlow of funds ; Financial crises ; Financial institutions - Law and legislation;
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2010-07-24 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2010-07-24 (Central Banking)
- NEP-REG-2010-07-24 (Regulation)
- NEP-RMG-2010-07-24 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedpwp:10-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbphus.html .