Lessons from the Subprime Meltdown
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nikola Kojucharov & Clyde F. Martin & Robert F. Martin & Lili Xu, 2009. "The subprime mortgage crisis: irrational exuberance or rational error?," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jan.
- Jan Toporowski, 2013. "The Elgar Companion to Hyman Minsky," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(1), pages 175-177, January.
- Alberto Botta, 2011.
"Fiscal Policy, Eurobonds and Economic Recovery: Some Heterodox Policy Recipes against Financial Instability and Sovereign Debt Crisis,"
Economics and Quantitative Methods
qf1114, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- alberto, botta, 2011. "Fiscal policy, eurobonds and economic recovery: some heterodox policy recipes against financial instability and sovereign debt crisis," MPRA Paper 33860, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leszek Kąsek & Marek Lubiński, 2010. "hyman," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 4(1), March.
- Calem, Paul & Henderson, Christopher & Liles, Jonathan, 2011. ""Cherry picking" in subprime mortgage securitizations: Which subprime mortgage loans were sold by depository institutions prior to the crisis of 2007?," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 120-140, June.
- Ognjen Radonjić & Miodrag Zec, 2010. "Subprime Crisis and Instability of Global Financial Markets," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 57(2), pages 209-224, June.
- James Crotty, 2009.
"Structural causes of the global financial crisis: a critical assessment of the 'new financial architecture',"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 563-580, July.
- James Crotty, 2008. "Structural Causes of the Global Financial Crisis: A Critical Assessment of the ‘New Financial Architecture’," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2008-14, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- James Crotty, 2008. "Structural Causes of the Global Financial Crisis: A Critical Assessment of the ‘New Financial Architecture’," Working Papers wp180, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- David A. Zalewski & Charles J. Whalen, 2011. "Towards a more rapid recovery: incorporating subsidiarity into macroeconomic policy," Chapters,in: Financial Instability and Economic Security after the Great Recession, chapter 5, pages 93-113 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Yun K. Kim, 2017. "Rise of Household Debt and the Great Recession in the US: Comparative Perspectives," Working Papers 2017_03, University of Massachusetts Boston, Economics Department.
- Dimitri B. Papadimitriou & L. Randall Wray, 2010. "Introduction: Minsky on Money, Banking and Finance," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Hyman Minsky, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Quinn, William, 2016. "Technological revolutions and speculative finance: Evidence from the British Bicycle Mania," QUCEH Working Paper Series 2016-06, Queen's University Belfast, Queen's University Centre for Economic History.
- Pereira Reichhardt, Joaquín & Iqbal, Tabassum, 2014. "Investment Decisions: Are we fully-Rational?," MPRA Paper 57686, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barry Z. Cynamon & Steven M. Fazzari, 2016.
"Inequality, the Great Recession and slow recovery,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 40(2), pages 373-399.
- Barry Z. Cynamon & Steven M. Fazzari, "undated". "Inequality, the Great Recession, and Slow Recovery," Working Papers Series 9, Institute for New Economic Thinking.
- Cynamon Barry Z. & Fazzari Steven M., 2008. "Household Debt in the Consumer Age: Source of Growth--Risk of Collapse," Capitalism and Society, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-32, October.
- Marshall Auerback & Paul McCulley & Robert W. Parenteau, 2010. "What Would Minsky Do?," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Hyman Minsky, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Juan Pablo Mateo Tomé, 2011. "Financialization as a Theory of Crisis in a Historical Perspective: Nothing New under the Sun," Working Papers wp262, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Christine Sinapi, 2011. "Institutional Prerequisites of Financial Fragility within Minsky's Financial Instability Hypothesis: A Proposal in Terms of 'Institutional Fragility'," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_674, Levy Economics Institute.
- Strachman, Eduardo & Fucidji, José Ricardo, 2010. "The Current Financial and Economic Crisis: Empirical and Methodological Issues," MPRA Paper 27130, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eme:rpeczz:s0161-7230(2011)0000027006 is not listed on IDEAS
- James Crotty & Gerald Epstein, 2008.
"Proposals for Effectively Regulating the U.S. Financial System to Avoid Yet Another Meltdown,"
UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers
2008-15, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- James Crotty & Gerald Epstein, 2008. "Proposals for Effectively Regulating the U.S. Financial System to Avoid Yet Another Meltdown," Working Papers wp181, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Gary A. Dymski, 2014. "The neoclassical sink and the heterodox spiral: political divides and lines of communication in economics," Review of Keynesian Economics, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 2(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Thomas Goda, 2017. "A comparative review of the role of income inequality in economic crisis theories and its contribution to the financial crisis of 2007-2009," REVISTA FINANZAS Y POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA, UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA DE COLOMBIA, vol. 9(1), pages 151-174, February.
- Iancu, Aurel, 2011. "Models of Financial System Fragility," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 230-256, March.
- Eric Tymoigne, 2010. "Detecting Ponzi Finance: An Evolutionary Approach to the Measure of Financial Fragility," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_605, Levy Economics Institute.
- Özgür Orhangazi, 2011.
"“Financial” vs. “Real”: An Overview of the Contradictory Role of Finance,"
Research in Political Economy,in: Revitalizing Marxist Theory for Today's Capitalism, volume 27, pages 121-148
Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Özgür Orhangazi, 2011. "“Financial” vs. “Real”: An Overview of the Contradictory Role of Finance," Working Papers wp274, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mes:challe:v:51:y:2008:i:2:p:40-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/MCHA20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.