The impact of direct-to-consumer television and magazine advertising on antidepressant use
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rosemary Avery & Donald Kenkel & Dean R. Lillard & Alan Mathios, 2007. "Private Profits and Public Health: Does Advertising of Smoking Cessation Products Encourage Smokers to Quit?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115, pages 447-481.
- Leffler, Keith B, 1981. "Persuasion or Information? The Economics of Prescription Drug Advertising," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(1), pages 45-74, April.
- Rosenthal Meredith B. & Berndt Ernst R. & Donohue Julie M. & Epstein Arnold M. & Frank Richard G., 2003. "Demand Effects of Recent Changes in Prescription Drug Promotion," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, pages 1-28.
- Meredith B. Rosenthal & Ernst R. Berndt & Julie M. Donohue & Arnold M. Epstein & Richard G. Frank, 2003. "Demand Effects of Recent Changes in Prescription Drug Promotion," NBER Chapters,in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 6, pages 1-26 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ackerberg, Daniel A, 2001. "Empirically Distinguishing Informative and Prestige Effects of Advertising," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, pages 316-333.
- John E. Calfee & Clifford Winston & Randolph Stempski, 2002. "Direct-to-Consumer Advertising and the Demand for Cholesterol-Reducing Drugs," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(S2), pages 673-690.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Katolik, Aleksandra & Oswald, Andrew J., 2017.
"Antidepressants for Economists and Business-School Researchers: An Introduction and Review,"
CAGE Online Working Paper Series
338, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Katolik, Aleksandra & Oswald, Andrew J., 2017. "Antidepressants for Economists and Business-School Researchers: An Introduction and Review," IZA Discussion Papers 10959, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Abby Alpert & Darius Lakdawalla & Neeraj Sood, 2015. "Prescription Drug Advertising and Drug Utilization: The Role of Medicare Part D," NBER Working Papers 21714, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthew Chesnes & Ginger Zhe Jin, 2016. "Direct-to-Consumer Advertising and Online Search," NBER Working Papers 22582, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Terris-Prestholt, Fern & Windmeijer, Frank, 2016.
"How to sell a condom? The impact of demand creation tools on male and female condom sales in resource limited settings,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, pages 107-120.
- Fern Terris-Prestholt & Frank Windmeijer, 2015. "How To Sell A Condom? The Impact Of Demand Creation Tools On Male And Female Condom Sales In Resource Limited Settings," Working Papers 150017, Canadian Centre for Health Economics.
- repec:eee:jhecon:v:55:y:2017:i:c:p:30-44 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsDepression; DTC advertising; Magazine; Television; Pharmaceutical;
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:31:y:2012:i:5:p:705-718. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.