How To Sell A Condom? The Impact Of Demand Creation Tools On Male And Female Condom Sales In Resource Limited Settings
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Terris-Prestholt, Fern & Windmeijer, Frank, 2016. "How to sell a condom? The impact of demand creation tools on male and female condom sales in resource limited settings," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 107-120.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank Windmeijer & Eric de Laat & Rudy Douven & Esther Mot, 2006.
"Pharmaceutical promotion and GP prescription behaviour,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 5-18.
- Eric de Laat & Rudy Douven & Esther Mot & F. Windmeijer, 2004. "Pharmaceutical promotion and GP prescription behaviour," CPB Discussion Paper 30, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Omar Galárraga & Sandra Sosa-Rubí & César Infante & Paul Gertler & Stefano Bertozzi, 2014. "Willingness-to-accept reductions in HIV risks: conditional economic incentives in Mexico," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(1), pages 41-55, January.
- Alsan, Marcella M. & Cutler, David M., 2013. "Girls’ education and HIV risk: Evidence from Uganda," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 863-872.
- David Roodman, 2009.
"How to do xtabond2: An introduction to difference and system GMM in Stata,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 9(1), pages 86-136, March.
- David Roodman, 2006. "How to Do xtabond2: An Introduction to "Difference" and "System" GMM in Stata," Working Papers 103, Center for Global Development.
- Dave, Dhaval & Saffer, Henry, 2013. "Demand for smokeless tobacco: Role of advertising," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 682-697.
- Baranov, Victoria & Bennett, Daniel & Kohler, Hans-Peter, 2015.
"The indirect impact of antiretroviral therapy: Mortality risk, mental health, and HIV-negative labor supply,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 195-211.
- Victoria Baranov & Daniel Bennett & Hans-Peter Kohler, 2015. "The Indirect Impact of Antiretroviral Therapy: Mortality Risk, Mental Health, and HIV-Negative Labor Supply," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 2002, The University of Melbourne.
- Wilson, Nicholas, 2012.
"Economic booms and risky sexual behavior: Evidence from Zambian copper mining cities,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 797-812.
- Nicholas Wilson, 2010. "Economic Booms and Risky Sexual Behavior: Evidence from Zambian Copper Mining Cities," Department of Economics Working Papers 2010-21, Department of Economics, Williams College, revised Oct 2011.
- Chin, Yoo-Mi, 2013. "Does HIV increase the risk of spousal violence in sub-Saharan Africa?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 997-1006.
- David B. Ridley, 2015. "Payments, Promotion, And The Purple Pill," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 86-103, January.
- Oster, Emily, 2012. "HIV and sexual behavior change: Why not Africa?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 35-49.
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond & Frank Windmeijer, 2000. "Estimation in dynamic panel data models: improving on the performance of the standard GMM estimator," IFS Working Papers W00/12, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Frank M. Bass, 1969. "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(5), pages 215-227, January.
- Juan Oliva, 2010. "Labour participation of people living with HIV|AIDS in Spain," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 491-500.
- Baird, Sarah & Gong, Erick & McIntosh, Craig & Özler, Berk, 2014.
"The heterogeneous effects of HIV testing,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 98-112.
- Sarah Baird & Erick Gong & Craig McIntosh & Berk Ozler, 2013. "The Heterogeneous Effects of HIV Testing," Working Papers 1310, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2013.
- Baird, Sarah & Gong, Erick & McIntosh, Craig & Ozler, Berk, 2014. "The heterogeneous effects of HIV testing," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6823, The World Bank.
- Kikumbih, Nassor & Hanson, Kara & Mills, Anne & Mponda, Hadji & Schellenberg, Joanna Armstrong, 2005. "The economics of social marketing: the case of mosquito nets in Tanzania," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 369-381, January.
- Omar Galárraga & David S. Salkever & Judith A. Cook & Stephen J. Gange, 2010. "An instrumental variables evaluation of the effect of antidepressant use on employment among HIV-infected women using antiretroviral therapy in the United States: 1996-2004," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 173-188.
- Robert J. Brent, 2010. "Why Countries Have Both Subsidized and Free Condoms to Prevent HIV/AIDS: the Role of Stigma Mitigation," Journal of African Development, African Finance and Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 61-71.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Rebecca L. Thornton, 2008. "The Demand for, and Impact of, Learning HIV Status," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(5), pages 1829-1863, December.
- Avery, Rosemary J. & Eisenberg, Matthew D. & Simon, Kosali I., 2012. "The impact of direct-to-consumer television and magazine advertising on antidepressant use," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 705-718.
- Francis, Andrew M., 2008. "The economics of sexuality: The effect of HIV/AIDS on homosexual behavior in the United States," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 675-689, May.
More about this item
Keywordsadvertising; consumer demand; HIV prevention; dynamic panel data estimators; condoms; low and middle income countries;
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cch:wpaper:150017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Rohit Dass). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cchetca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.