The Impact of Direct-to-Consumer Advertising on Pharmaceutical Prices and Demand
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dhaval Dave & Henry Saffer, 2012. "Impact of Direct-to-Consumer Advertising on Pharmaceutical Prices and Demand," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 97-126, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chesnes, Matthew & Jin, Ginger Zhe, 2019. "Direct-to-consumer advertising and online search," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 1-22.
- de Frutos, Maria-Angeles & Ornaghi, Carmine & Siotis, Georges, 2013.
"Competition in the pharmaceutical industry: How do quality differences shape advertising strategies?,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 268-285.
- de Frutos, Maria-Angeles & Ornaghi, Carmine & Siotis, Georges, 2010. "Competition in the Pharmaceutical Industry: How do Quality Differences Shape Advertising Strategies?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8076, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lakdawalla, Darius & Sood, Neeraj & Gu, Qian, 2013. "Pharmaceutical advertising and Medicare Part D," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1356-1367.
- Castanheira, Micael & Ornaghi, Carmine & Siotis, Georges, 2019.
"The unexpected consequences of generic entry,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C).
- Micael Castanheira De Moura & Georges Siotis & Carmine Ornaghi, 2019. "The Unexpected Consequences of Generic Entry," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/298643, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Micael Castanheira De Moura & Carmine Ornaghi & Georges Siotis, 2019. "The Unexpected Consequences of Generic Entry," Working Papers ECARES 2019-21, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Dhaval M. Dave, 2013. "Effects of Pharmaceutical Promotion: A Review and Assessment," NBER Working Papers 18830, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anusua Datta & Dhaval Dave, 2017. "Effects of Physician‐directed Pharmaceutical Promotion on Prescription Behaviors: Longitudinal Evidence," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(4), pages 450-468, April.
- Robert Nathenson & Michael R. Richards, 2018. "Do coverage mandates affect direct-to-consumer advertising for pharmaceuticals? Evidence from parity laws," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 321-336, September.
- Abby Alpert & Darius Lakdawalla & Neeraj Sood, 2015. "Prescription Drug Advertising and Drug Utilization: The Role of Medicare Part D," NBER Working Papers 21714, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthew Chesnes & Ginger Zhe Jin, 2016. "Direct-to-Consumer Advertising and Online Search," NBER Working Papers 22582, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gregory G. Lubiani & Albert A. Okunade & Weiwei Chen, 2018. "Income Elasticity Decomposition Models and Determinants of U.S. Pharmaceutical Expenditures," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 46(4), pages 389-403, December.
- Brian Salter & Yinhua Zhou & Saheli Datta, 2017. "Governing new global health-care markets: the case of stem cell treatments," New Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 76-91, January.
- Castanheira, Micael & de Frutos, Maria-Angeles & Ornaghi, Carmine & Siotis, Georges, 2017. "The Unexpected Consequences of Asymmetric Competition. An Application to Big Pharma," CEPR Discussion Papers 11813, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eisenberg, Matthew D. & Avery, Rosemary J. & Cantor, Jonathan H., 2017. "Vitamin panacea: Is advertising fueling demand for products with uncertain scientific benefit?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 30-44.
More about this item
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- K0 - Law and Economics - - General
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:15969. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.