Blood donation and the nature of altruism
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dan Anderberg & Alessandro Balestrino, 2003.
"Self--enforcing Intergenerational Transfers and the Provision of Education,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 70(277), pages 55-71, February.
- Anderberg, Dan & Balestrino, Alessandro, 2001. "Self-Enforcing Intergenerational Transfers and the Provision of Education," CEPR Discussion Papers 3107, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Seabright, Paul, 2004.
"Continuous Preferences Can Cause Discontinuous Choices : an Application to the Impact of Incentives on Altruism,"
IDEI Working Papers
257, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Seabright, Paul, 2004. "Continuous Preferences Can Cause Discontinuous Choices: An Application to the Impact of Incentives on Altruism," CEPR Discussion Papers 4322, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Warr, Peter G., 1982. "Pareto optimal redistribution and private charity," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 131-138, October.
- Barham, Vicky & Boadway, Robin & Marchand, Maurice & Pestieau, Pierre, 1995.
"Education and the poverty trap,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1257-1275, August.
- BARHAM, Vicky & BOADWAY, Robin & MARCHAND, Maurice & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 1992. "Education and the poverty trap," CORE Discussion Papers 1992010, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Barham, V. & Boadway, R. & Marchand, M. & Pestieau, P., 1995. "Education and the poverty trap," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1173, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bergstrom, Theodore & Blume, Lawrence & Varian, Hal, 1986. "On the private provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-49, February.
- Andreoni, James, 1989. "Giving with Impure Altruism: Applications to Charity and Ricardian Equivalence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1447-1458, December.
- Asheim, Geir B., 1991. "Unjust intergenerational allocations," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 350-371, August.
- Dickson, Eric S & Shepsle, Kenneth A, 2001. "Working and Shirking: Equilibrium in Public-Goods Games with Overlapping Generations of Players," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 285-318, October.
- Roberts, Russell D, 1984. "A Positive Model of Private Charity and Public Transfers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(1), pages 136-148, February.
- van Dijk, Frans & van Winden, Frans, 1997. "Dynamics of social ties and local public good provision," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 323-341, June.
- Frey, Bruno S & Jegen, Reto, 2001. " Motivation Crowding Theory," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 589-611, December.
- Andreoni, James, 1988. "Privately provided public goods in a large economy: The limits of altruism," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 57-73, February.
- Culyer, A. J. & Wagstaff, Adam, 1993. "Equity and equality in health and health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 431-457, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paraskevaidis, Pavlos & Andriotis, Konstantinos, 2017. "Altruism in tourism: Social Exchange Theory vs Altruistic Surplus Phenomenon in host volunteering," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 26-37.
- Joan Costa-Font & Mireia Jofre-Bonet & Steven T. Yen, 2013.
"Not All Incentives Wash Out the Warm Glow: The Case of Blood Donation Revisited,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(4), pages 529-551, November.
- Joan Costa-i-Font & Mireia Jofre-Bonet & Steven T. Yen, 2011. "Not All Incentives Wash Out the Warm Glow: The Case of Blood Donation Revisited," CESifo Working Paper Series 3527, CESifo Group Munich.
- Costa-i-Font, Joan & Jofre-Bonet, Mireia & Yen, Steven T., 2012. "Not all incentives wash out the warm glow: the case of blood donation revisited," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 47679, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Joan Costa Font & Mireia Jofre-Bonet & Steven T. Yen, 2012. "Not all Incentives Wash out the Warm Glow: The Case of Blood Donation Revisited," CEP Discussion Papers dp1157, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Juan M. Cabasés Hita & María Errea Rodríguez, 2010. "Attitudes towards blood and living organ donations," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 1004, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Ignacio Abásolo & Aki Tsuchiya, 2012. "Blood Donation as a Public Good: An Empirical Investigation of the Free-Rider," Working Papers 2012004, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Sun, Tianshu & Lu, Susan Feng & Jin, Ginger Zhe, 2016. "Solving shortage in a priceless market: Insights from blood donation," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 149-165.
- repec:eee:ehbiol:v:30:y:2018:i:c:p:119-129 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jomega:v:85:y:2019:i:c:p:103-114 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shusaku Sasaki , & Yoshifumi Funasaki & Hirofumi Kurokawa & Fumio Ohtake, 2018. "Blood Type and Blood Donation Behaviors: An Empirical Test of Pure Altruism Theory," ISER Discussion Paper 1029, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Ignacio Abásolo & Aki Tsuchiya, 2014. "Blood donation as a public good: an empirical investigation of the free rider problem," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(3), pages 313-321, April.
- Nicola Lacetera & Mario Macis & Robert Slonim, 2014. "Rewarding Volunteers: A Field Experiment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 60(5), pages 1107-1129, May.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:35:y:2018:i:4:p:628-640 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBlood donation Charity Public good Altruism Latent variable;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:28:y:2009:i:2:p:492-503. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.