Co-regulation as a possible model for food safety governance: Opportunities for public-private partnerships
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ollinger, Michael & Ballenger, Nicole, 2003. "Weighing Incentives for Food Safety in Meat and Poultry," Amber Waves, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, April.
- Garcia Martinez, Marian & Poole, Nigel, 2004. "The development of private fresh produce safety standards: implications for developing Mediterranean exporting countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 229-255, June.
- Fearne, Andrew & Martinez, Marian Garcia, 2005. "Opportunities for the Coregulation of Food Safety: Insights from the United Kingdom," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 20(2).
- Zijun Wang & Victoria Salin & Neal Hooker & David Leatham, 2002. "Stock market reaction to food recalls: a GARCH application," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(15), pages 979-987.
- Caswell, Julie A., 1998. "Valuing the benefits and costs of improved food safety and nutrition," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 42(4), December.
- Ginger Zhe Jin & Phillip Leslie, 2003. "The Effect of Information on Product Quality: Evidence from Restaurant Hygiene Grade Cards," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(2), pages 409-451.
- Henson, Spencer J. & Hooker, Neal H., 2001. "Private Sector Management Of Food Safety: Public Regulation And The Role Of Private Controls," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 4(01).
- Henson, Spencer & Caswell, Julie, 1999. "Food safety regulation: an overview of contemporary issues," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 589-603, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gambelli, Danilo & Solfanelli, Francesco & Zanoli, Raffaele & Zorn, Alexander & Lippert, Christian & Dabbert, Stephan, 2014. "Non-compliance in organic farming: A cross-country comparison of Italy and Germany," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(P2), pages 449-458.
- Andrea Marescotti & Alessandro Brazzini, 2014. "L’utilizzo degli standard privati di qualità nella gdo italiana. Il caso dello standard GlobalG.A.P," ECONOMIA AGRO-ALIMENTARE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 16(1), pages 63-83.
- E. Rouvière & K. Latouche, 2014.
"Impact of liability rules on modes of coordination for food safety in supply chains,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 111-130, February.
- Elodie Rouviere & Karine Latouche, 2014. "Impact of Liability Rules on Modes of Coordination for Food Safety in Supply Chains," Post-Print hal-01323148, HAL.
- Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Ronchi, Loraine, 2014. "Food safety and developing markets: Research findings and research gaps:," IFPRI discussion papers 1376, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Brofman Epelbaum, Freddy Moises & Garcia Martinez, Marian, 2014. "The technological evolution of food traceability systems and their impact on firm sustainable performance: A RBV approach," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 215-224.
- Rouvière, Elodie & Caswell, Julie A., 2012.
"From punishment to prevention: A French case study of the introduction of co-regulation in enforcing food safety,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 246-254.
- Elodie Rouvière & Julie Caswell, 2012. "From punishment to prevention: A French case study of the introduction of co-regulation in enforcing food safety," Post-Print hal-01323176, HAL.
- Elena Fagotto, 2014. "Private roles in food safety provision: the law and economics of private food safety," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 83-109, February.
- Kirezieva, Klementina & Jacxsens, Liesbeth & Hagelaar, Geoffrey J.L.F. & van Boekel, Martinus A.J.S. & Uyttendaele, Mieke & Luning, Pieternel A., 2015. "Exploring the influence of context on food safety management: Case studies of leafy greens production in Europe," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 158-170.
- Wertheim-Heck, Sigrid C.O. & Vellema, Sietze & Spaargaren, Gert, 2015. "Food safety and urban food markets in Vietnam: The need for flexible and customized retail modernization policies," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 95-106.
- Danièle Benezech, 2011. "La confiance entre les partenaires de l'échange, au-delà des labels," Post-Print halshs-00592488, HAL.
- Perito, Maria Angela & Hammoudi, Abdelhakim, 4. "Food safety standards and their impact on the small farms of developed countries," Politica Agricola Internazionale - International Agricultural Policy, Edizioni Lâ€™Informatore Agrario, issue 4.
- Margret Will, 2011. "Public Mandatory and Private Voluntary Standards: Challenge or Opportunity for Small-scale Farmers’ Participation in Global Supply Chains?," Chapters,in: Institutions and Regulation for Economic Growth?, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:kap:revaec:v:30:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11138-016-0345-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Talaulicar Till, 2011. "Normierungseffekte der Co-Regulierung von Standards guter Corporate Governance / Normative effects of co-regulatory regimes of corporate governance," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 62(1), pages 269-296, January.
- Fares, M'hand & Rouviere, Elodie, 2010.
"The implementation mechanisms of voluntary food safety systems,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 412-418, October.
- M'Hand Fares & Elodie Rouviere, 2010. "The implementation mechanisms of voluntary food safety systems," Post-Print hal-01323222, HAL.
- Clark, Lisa F., 2015. "The current status of DNA barcoding technology for species identification in fish value chains," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 85-94.
- F. Cafaggi, 2012. "Transnational Governance by Contract – Private Regulation and Contractual Networks in Food Safety," Chapters,in: Private Standards and Global Governance, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Codron, Jean-Marie & Adanacioğlu, Hakan & Aubert, Magali & Bouhsina, Zouhair & El Mekki, Abdelkader Ait & Rousset, Sylvain & Tozanli, Selma & Yercan, Murat, 2014.
"The role of market forces and food safety institutions in the adoption of sustainable farming practices: The case of the fresh tomato export sector in Morocco and Turkey,"
Elsevier, vol. 49(P1), pages 268-280.
- Codron, J.M. & Adanacioglu, H. & Aubert, M. & Bouhsina, Z. & El Mekki, A.A. & Rousset, S. & Tozanli, S. & Yercan, M., 2016. "The role of market forces and food safety institutions in the adoption of sustainable farming practices: the case of the fresh tomato export sector in Morocco and Turkey," Working Papers MOISA 201603, UMR MOISA : Marchés, Organisations, Institutions et Stratégies d'Acteurs : CIHEAM-IAMM, CIRAD, INRA, Montpellier SupAgro - Montpellier, France.
- Frank van Tongeren & John Beghin & Stéphane Marette, 2009.
"A Cost-Benefit Framework for the Assessment of Non-Tariff Measures in Agro-Food Trade,"
OECD Food, Agriculture and Fisheries Papers
21, OECD Publishing.
- van Tongeren, Frank & Beghin, John C. & Marette, Stephan, 2009. "A Cost-Benefit Framework for the Assessment of Non-Tariff Measures in Agro-Food Trade," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13146, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Erdem, Seda & Rigby, Dan & Wossink, Ada, 2012. "Using best–worst scaling to explore perceptions of relative responsibility for ensuring food safety," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 661-670.
- Michelle Worosz & Andrew Knight & Craig Harris, 2008. "Resilience in the US red meat industry: the roles of food safety policy," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 25(2), pages 187-191, June.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:69:y:2017:i:c:p:135-144 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jan Mei Soon & Richard N. Baines, 2013. "Public and Private Food Safety Standards: Facilitating or Frustrating Fresh Produce Growers?," Laws, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Olayinka Idowu Kareem, 2014. "The European Union Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures and Africa’s Exports," RSCAS Working Papers 2014/98, European University Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:32:y:2007:i:3:p:299-314. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.