The changing structure of the world rice market, 1950-2000
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sarris, Alexander H., 2000. "World cereal price instability and a market based instrument for LDC food import risk management," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 189-209, April.
- Dawe, David, 2001. "How far down the path to free trade? The importance of rice price stabilization in developing Asia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 163-175, April.
- Bin Zhang & Colin A. Carter, 1997. "Reforms, the Weather, and Productivity Growth in China's Grain Sector," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1266-1277.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2000. "Capital Market Liberalization, Economic Growth, and Instability," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1075-1086, June.
- Siamwalla, Ammar, 1975. "A History of Rice Policies in Thailand," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, vol. 14(3), pages 1-18.
- Otsuka, Keijiro, 2000. "Role of agricultural research in poverty reduction: lessons from the Asian experience," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 447-462, August.
- Jayne, Thomas S., 1993. "Sources and Effects of Instability in the World Rice Market," Food Security International Development Papers 54059, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott, 1996. "Technological change: Rediscovering the engine of productivity growth in China's rural economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 337-369, May.
- Hayami, Yujiro & Kikuchi, Masao, 1978. "Investment Inducements to Public Infrastructure: Irrigation in the Philippines," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(1), pages 70-77, February.
- Rosegrant, Mark W. & Svendsen, Mark, 1993. "Asian food production in the 1990s : Irrigation investment and management policy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 13-32, February.
- Falcon, Walter P. & Monke, Eric A., 1980. "International Trade in Rice," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, vol. 17(3), pages 1-28.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Larson, Donald W. & Jones, Eugene & Pannu, R. S. & Sheokand, R. S., 2004. "Instability in Indian agriculture--a challenge to the Green Revolution technology," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 257-273, June.
- Van den Berg, M. Marrit & Hengsdijk, Huib & Wolf, Joost & Van Ittersum, Martin K. & Guanghuo, Wang & Roetter, Reimund P., 2007. "The impact of increasing farm size and mechanization on rural income and rice production in Zhejiang province, China," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 841-850, June.
- Tantisantiwong, Nongnuch, 2013.
"Price Transmission and Effects of Exchange Rates on Domestic Commodity Prices via Offshore and Currency Hedging,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2013-116, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Nongnuch Tantisantiwong, 2013. "Price Transmission and Effects of Exchange Rates on Domestic Commodity Prices via Offshore and Currency Hedging," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 278, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Banterle, Alessandro & Vandone, Daniela, 2013. "Price Volatility and Risk Management: The Case of Rice," 2013 International European Forum, February 18-22, 2013, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 164766, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- Rosegrant, Mark W. & Bhandari, Humnath & Pandey, Sushil & Sulser, Timothy, 2010. "Rice Price Crisis: Causes, Impacts, and Solutions," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 7(2), pages 1-15, December.
- Rashid, Shahidur & Cummings Jr., Ralph & Gulati, Ashok, 2007. "Grain Marketing Parastatals in Asia: Results from Six Case Studies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 1872-1888, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:27:y:2002:i:4:p:355-370. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.