The “Wal-Mart effect” in central and eastern Europe
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Lagakos, 2009. "Superstores or mom and pops? Technolgy adoption and productivity differences in retail trade," Staff Report 428, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Emek Basker, 2005.
"Job Creation or Destruction? Labor Market Effects of Wal-Mart Expansion,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 174-183, February.
- Emek Basker, 2002. "Job Creation or Destruction? Labor-Market Effects of Wal-Mart Expansion," Working Papers 0215, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised Jan 2004.
- Emek Basker, 2003. "Job Creation or Destruction? Labor-Market Effects of Wal-Mart Expansion," Labor and Demography 0303002, EconWPA, revised 11 Mar 2005.
- Beata Javorcik & Wolfgang Keller & James Tybout, 2008.
"Openness and Industrial Response in a Wal-Mart World: A Case Study of Mexican Soaps, Detergents and Surfactant Producers,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(12), pages 1558-1580, December.
- Javorcik, Beata & Keller, Wolfgang & Tybout, James, 2006. "Openness and industrial response in a Wal-Mart world : a case study of Mexican soaps, detergents, and surfactant producers," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3999, The World Bank.
- Javorcik, Beata & Keller, Wolfgang & Tybout, James R, 2006. "Openness and Industrial Response in a Wal-Mart World: A Case Study of Mexican Soaps, Detergents and Surfactant Producers," CEPR Discussion Papers 5823, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Beata Smarzynska Javorcik & Wolfgang Keller & James R. Tybout, 2006. "Openness and Industrial Responses in a Wal-Mart World: A Case Study of Mexican Soaps, Detergents and Surfactant Producers," NBER Working Papers 12457, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Basker, Emek, 2005.
"Selling a cheaper mousetrap: Wal-Mart's effect on retail prices,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 203-229, September.
- Emek Basker, 2004. "Selling a Cheaper Mousetrap: Wal-Mart's Effect on Retail Prices," Working Papers 0401, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 16 Mar 2004.
- Javorcik, Beata S. & Li, Yue, 2013.
"Do the biggest aisles serve a brighter future? Global retail chains and their implications for Romania,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 348-363.
- Javorcik, Beata & Li, Yue, 2008. "Do the Biggest Aisles Serve a Brighter Future? Global Retail Chains and Their Implications for Romania," CEPR Discussion Papers 6906, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Beata Javorcik & Yue Li, 2013. "Do the Biggest Aisles Serve a Brighter Future? Global Retail Chains and Their Implications for Romania," Economics Series Working Papers 637, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Javorcik, Beata S. & Li, Yue, 2008. "Do the biggest aisles serve a brighter future ? global retail chains and their implications for Romania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4650, The World Bank.
- Liesbeth Dries & Thomas Reardon & Johan F. M. Swinnen, 2004. "The Rapid Rise of Supermarkets in Central and Eastern Europe: Implications for the Agrifood Sector and Rural Development," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 22, pages 525-556, September.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F & Reiss, Peter C, 1991. "Entry and Competition in Concentrated Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 977-1009, October.
- Hopenhayn, Hugo A, 1992. "Entry, Exit, and Firm Dynamics in Long Run Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(5), pages 1127-1150, September.
- Bevan, Alan A. & Estrin, Saul, 2004. "The determinants of foreign direct investment into European transition economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 775-787, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Machek, 2012. "Retail Market Structure Development in Central Europe," Central European Business Review, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(3), pages 22-27.
- Amin, Mohammad, 2015. "Competition and labor productivity in India's retail stores," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 57-68.
- International Monetary Fund, 2008. "Czech Republic; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 08/40, International Monetary Fund.
- Ilya Bolotov, 2013. "Analysis of the Retail Trade and Automotive Industry in the Russian Federation," Central European Business Review, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2013(3), pages 7-14.
More about this item
KeywordsWal-Mart effect; Retail competition; Inflation;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcecon:v:40:y:2012:i:2:p:194-210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622864 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.