Entrepreneurial orientation as a function of national cultural variations in two countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Danny Miller & Peter H. Friesen, 1978. "Archetypes of Strategy Formulation," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 921-933.
- Jinhong Xie & X. Michael Song & Anne Stringfellow, 1998. "Interfunctional Conflict, Conflict Resolution Styles, and New Product Success: A Four-Culture Comparison," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 192-206.
- Diego Quer & Enrique Claver & Laura Rienda, 2007. "Business and management in China: A review of empirical research in leading international journals," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, pages 359-384.
- Holt, David H., 1997. "A comparative study of values among Chinese and U.S. entrepreneurs: Pragmatic convergence between contrasting cultures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 483-505, November.
- Szabo, Erna & Brodbeck, Felix C. & Den Hartog, Deanne N. & Reber, Gerhard & Weibler, Jürgen & Wunderer, Rolf, 2002. "The Germanic Europe cluster: where employees have a voice," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, pages 55-68.
- Shane, Scott, 1993. "Cultural influences on national rates of innovation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 59-73, January.
- Herbert Marsh & John Balla, 1994. "Goodness of fit in confirmatory factor analysis: The effects of sample size and model parsimony," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, pages 185-217.
- Wassim Aloulou & A. Fayolle, 2005.
"A Conceptual Approach of the Entrepreneurial Orientation Within the Small Business Context,"
- A. Fayolle & W. Aloulou, 2005. "A Conceptual Approach of the Entrepreneurial Orientation Within the Small Business Context," Post-Print halshs-00094453, HAL.
- Danny Miller, 1983. "The Correlates of Entrepreneurship in Three Types of Firms," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 770-791.
- Kevin Zheng Zhou & James R Brown & Chekitan S Dev & Sanjeev Agarwal, 2007. "The effects of customer and competitor orientations on performance in global markets: a contingency analysis," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, pages 303-319.
- Sunil Venaik & David F Midgley & Timothy M Devinney, 2005. "Dual paths to performance: the impact of global pressures on MNC subsidiary conduct and performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, pages 655-675.
- Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict E M & Baumgartner, Hans, 1998. " Assessing Measurement Invariance in Cross-National Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 78-90, June.
- Heiko Bergmann & Rolf Sternberg, 2007. "The Changing Face of Entrepreneurship in Germany," Small Business Economics, Springer, pages 205-221.
- Ramamoorthy, Nagarajan & Kulkarni, Subodh P. & Gupta, Amit & Flood, Patrick C., 2007. "Individualism-collectivism orientation and employee attitudes: A comparison of employees from the high-technology sector in India and Ireland," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, pages 187-203.
- Kwantes, Catherine T. & Boglarsky, Cheryl A., 2007. "Perceptions of organizational culture, leadership effectiveness and personal effectiveness across six countries," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, pages 204-230.
- Lumpkin, G. T. & Dess, Gregory G., 2001. "Linking two dimensions of entrepreneurial orientation to firm performance: The moderating role of environment and industry life cycle," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 429-451, September.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Overton, Terry S., 1977. "Estimating Nonresponse Bias in Mail Surveys," MPRA Paper 81694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Ahlstrom & Garry Bruton & Kuang Yeh, 2007. "Venture capital in China: Past, present, and future," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, pages 247-268.
- Shane, Scott A., 1992. "Why do some societies invent more than others?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 29-46, January.
- Ran Lachman & Albert Nedd & Bob Hinings, 1994. "Analyzing Cross-National Management and Organizations: A Theoretical Framework," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 40-55.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hill, T.L. & Mudambi, Ram, 2010. "Far from Silicon Valley: How emerging economies are re-shaping our understanding of global entrepreneurship," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 321-327, December.
- Flatten, Tessa & Adams, Daniel & Brettel, Malte, 2015. "Fostering absorptive capacity through leadership: A cross-cultural analysis," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, pages 519-534.
- Dimitratos, Pavlos & Buck, Trevor & Fletcher, Margaret & Li, Nicolas, 2016. "The motivation of international entrepreneurship: The case of Chinese transnational entrepreneurs," International Business Review, Elsevier, pages 1103-1113.
- Engelen, Andreas & Brettel, Malte & Wiest, Gregor, 2012. "Cross-functional Integration and New Product Performance — The Impact of National and Corporate Culture," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, pages 52-65.
- Bachmann, Jan-Thomas & Engelen, Andreas & Schwens, Christian, 2016. "Toward a Better Understanding of the Association Between Strategic Planning and Entrepreneurial Orientation — The Moderating Role of National Culture," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, pages 297-315.
- Schneider, Markus & Engelen, Andreas, 2015. "Enemy or friend? The cultural impact of cross-functional behavior on the EO–performance link," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, pages 439-453.
- Núñez-Pomar, Juan & Prado-Gascó, Vicente & Añó Sanz, Vicente & Crespo Hervás, Josep & Calabuig Moreno, Ferran, 2016. "Does size matter? Entrepreneurial orientation and performance in Spanish sports firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 5336-5341.
- Daniel Robert Adams & Tessa Christina Flatten & Helge Brinkmann & Malte Brettel, 2016. "Consequences And Antecedents Of Absorptive Capacity In A Cross-Cultural Context," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(01), pages 1-39, January.
- Engelen, Andreas & Schmidt, Susanne & Buchsteiner, Michael, 2015. "The Simultaneous Influence of National Culture and Market Turbulence on Entrepreneurial Orientation: A Nine-country Study," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, pages 18-30.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurial orientation National culture China Germany Organizational structure;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intman:v:16:y:2010:i:4:p:354-368. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/601266/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.