The dark side of stress tests: Negative effects of information disclosure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Poledna, Sebastian & Molina-Borboa, José Luis & Martínez-Jaramillo, Serafín & van der Leij, Marco & Thurner, Stefan, 2015.
"The multi-layer network nature of systemic risk and its implications for the costs of financial crises,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 70-81.
- Sebastian Poledna & Jos'e Luis Molina-Borboa & Seraf'in Mart'inez-Jaramillo & Marco van der Leij & Stefan Thurner, 2015. "The multi-layer network nature of systemic risk and its implications for the costs of financial crises," Papers 1505.04276, arXiv.org.
- Andolfatto, David & Berentsen, Aleksander & Waller, Christopher, 2014.
"Optimal disclosure policy and undue diligence,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 128-152.
- David Andolfatto & Aleksander Berentsen & Christopher Waller, 2011. "Optimal disclosure policy and undue diligence," ECON - Working Papers 045, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- David Andolfatto & Aleksander Berentsen & Christopher J. Waller, 2012. "Optimal disclosure policy and undue diligence," Working Papers 2012-001, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Beck, Thorsten & De Jonghe, Olivier & Schepens, Glenn, 2013.
"Bank competition and stability: Cross-country heterogeneity,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 218-244.
- T. Beck & O. De Jonghe & G. Schepens, 2011. "Bank competition and stability: cross-country heterogeneity," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/732, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Efing, Matthias, 2015.
"Arbitraging the Basel securitization framework: Evidence from German ABS investment,"
40/2015, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Matthias Efing, 2016. "Arbitraging the Basel securitization framework: Evidence from German ABS investment," ESRB Working Paper Series 22, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Schuermann, Til, 2014. "Stress testing banks," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 717-728.
- Fernando Alvarez & Gadi Barlevy, 2014. "Mandatory Disclosure and Financial Contagion," Working Paper Series WP-2014-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- in ’t Veld, Daan & van Lelyveld, Iman, 2014.
"Finding the core: Network structure in interbank markets,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 27-40.
- Iman van Lelyveld & Daan in 't Veld, 2012. "Finding the core: Network structure in interbank markets," DNB Working Papers 348, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Viral V. Acharya & Lasse H. Pedersen & Thomas Philippon & Matthew Richardson, 2017.
"Measuring Systemic Risk,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 30(1), pages 2-47.
- Viral V. Acharya, 2010. "Measuring systemic risk," Proceedings 1140, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Acharya, Viral V & Pedersen, Lasse H & Philippon, Thomas & Richardson, Matthew P, 2012. "Measuring Systemic Risk," CEPR Discussion Papers 8824, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Viral V. Acharya & Lasse H. Pedersen & Thomas Philippon & Matthew Richardson, 2010. "Measuring systemic risk," Working Papers (Old Series) 1002, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 2010.
- Frank Gigler & Chandra Kanodia & Haresh Sapra & Raghu Venugopalan, 2014. "How Frequent Financial Reporting Can Cause Managerial Short‐Termism: An Analysis of the Costs and Benefits of Increasing Reporting Frequency," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 357-387, May.
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1981. "The Informational Role of Warranties and Private Disclosure about Product Quality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 461-483, December.
- Itay Goldstein & Yaron Leitner, 2017. "Stress Tests and Information Disclosure," Working Papers 17-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Franklin Allen & Douglas Gale, 2000. "Financial Contagion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(1), pages 1-33, February.
- Claus Puhr & Reinhardt Seliger & Michael Sigmund, 2012. "Contagiousness and Vulnerability in the Austrian Interbank Market," Financial Stability Report, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 24, pages 62-78.
- Edward Simpson Prescott, 2008. "Should bank supervisors disclose information about their banks?," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, vol. 94(Win), pages 1-16.
- Minoiu, Camelia & Reyes, Javier A., 2013. "A network analysis of global banking: 1978–2010," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 168-184.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Oliver D. Hart, 1980. "Takeover Bids, the Free-Rider Problem, and the Theory of the Corporation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(1), pages 42-64, Spring.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1985. "Optimal Release of Information by Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1071-1094, September.
- Upper, Christian, 2011. "Simulation methods to assess the danger of contagion in interbank markets," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 111-125, August.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2002. "Social Value of Public Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1521-1534, December.
- Admati, Anat R & Pfleiderer, Paul, 2000. "Forcing Firms to Talk: Financial Disclosure Regulation and Externalities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(3), pages 479-519.
- Christian Leuz & Peter D. Wysocki, 2016. "The Economics of Disclosure and Financial Reporting Regulation: Evidence and Suggestions for Future Research," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 525-622, May.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1971. "The Private and Social Value of Information and the Reward to Inventive Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(4), pages 561-574, September.
- Helmut Elsinger & Alfred Lehar & Martin Summer, 2006.
"Using Market Information for Banking System Risk Assessment,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 2(1), March.
- Elsinger, Helmut & Lehar, Alfred & Summer, Martin, 2005. "Using Market Information for Banking System Risk Assessment," MPRA Paper 817, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Evelyn Korn & Ulf Schiller, 2003. "Voluntary Disclosure of Nonproprietary Information: A Complete Equilibrium Characterization," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(9-10), pages 1327-1339.
- Philip Bond & Itay Goldstein, 2015. "Government Intervention and Information Aggregation by Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 70(6), pages 2777-2812, December.
- Andrew Ellul & Vijay Yerramilli, 2013. "Stronger Risk Controls, Lower Risk: Evidence from U.S. Bank Holding Companies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 68(5), pages 1757-1803, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hledik, Juraj & Rastelli, Riccardo, 2020. "A dynamic network model to measure exposure diversification in the Austrian interbank market," ESRB Working Paper Series 109, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Kauko, Karlo, 2020. "The vanishing interest income of Chinese banks," BOFIT Discussion Papers 2/2020, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Juraj Hledik & Riccardo Rastelli, 2018. "A dynamic network model to measure exposure diversification in the Austrian interbank market," Papers 1804.01367, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2018.
More about this item
KeywordsInformation disclosure; General equilibrium; Systemic risk;
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finsta:v:37:y:2018:i:c:p:49-59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jfstabil .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.