Germany's nuclear power plant closures and the integration of electricity markets in Europe
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Klinge Jacobsen, Henrik & Zvingilaite, Erika, 2010. "Reducing the market impact of large shares of intermittent energy in Denmark," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3403-3413, July.
- Okimoto, Tatsuyoshi & Shimotsu, Katsumi, 2010.
"Decline in the persistence of real exchange rates, but not sufficient for purchasing power parity,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 395-411, September.
- OKIMOTO, Tatsuyoshi & SHIMOTSU, Katsumi, 2010. "Decline in the Persistence of Real Exchange Rates : But Not Sufficient for Purchasing Power Parity," Discussion Papers 2010-06, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Cludius, Johanna & Hermann, Hauke & Matthes, Felix Chr. & Graichen, Verena, 2014. "The merit order effect of wind and photovoltaic electricity generation in Germany 2008–2016: Estimation and distributional implications," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 302-313.
- Würzburg, Klaas & Labandeira, Xavier & Linares, Pedro, 2013.
"Renewable generation and electricity prices: Taking stock and new evidence for Germany and Austria,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(S1), pages 159-171.
- Klaas WŸrzburg & Xavier Labandeira & Pedro Linares, 2013. "Renewable Generation and Electricity Prices: Taking Stock and New Evidence for Germany and Austria," Working Papers fa03-2013, Economics for Energy.
- Nicolosi, S., 2010. "Wind power integration, negative prices and power system flexibility - An empirical analysis of extreme events in Germany," MPRA Paper 31834, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hodrick, Robert J & Prescott, Edward C, 1997.
"Postwar U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Robert J. Hodrick & Edward Prescott, 1981. "Post-War U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation," Discussion Papers 451, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Mohammadi, Hassan, 2009. "Electricity prices and fuel costs: Long-run relations and short-run dynamics," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 503-509, May.
- Forrest, Sam & MacGill, Iain, 2013. "Assessing the impact of wind generation on wholesale prices and generator dispatch in the Australian National Electricity Market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 120-132.
- Robinson, P.M. & Henry, M., 1999.
"Long And Short Memory Conditional Heteroskedasticity In Estimating The Memory Parameter Of Levels,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 299-336, June.
- Robinson, Peter M. & Henry, Marc, 1998. "Long and short memory conditional heteroscedasticity in estimating the memory parameter of levels," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2022, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Robinson, Peter M. & Henry, M., 1999. "Long and short memory conditional heteroskedasticity in estimating the memory parameter of levels," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 304, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Le Pen, Yannick & Sévi, Benoît, 2010.
"Volatility transmission and volatility impulse response functions in European electricity forward markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 758-770, July.
- Yannick LE PEN & Benoît SEVI, 2008. "Volatility transmission and volatility impulse response functions in European electricity forward markets," Cahiers du CREDEN (CREDEN Working Papers) 08.09.77, CREDEN (Centre de Recherche en Economie et Droit de l'Energie), Faculty of Economics, University of Montpellier 1.
- Bode, Sven & Groscurth, Helmuth-Michael, 2006. "Zur Wirkung des EEG auf den "Strompreis"," HWWA Discussion Papers 348, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Böckers, Veit & Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2013. "Benefits of an integrated European electricity market," DICE Discussion Papers 109, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Mjelde, James W. & Bessler, David A., 2009. "Market integration among electricity markets and their major fuel source markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 482-491, May.
- Zareipour, Hamidreza & Bhattacharya, Kankar & Canizares, Claudio A., 2007. "Electricity market price volatility: The case of Ontario," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4739-4748, September.
- Neuhoff, Karsten & Barquin, Julian & Bialek, Janusz W. & Boyd, Rodney & Dent, Chris J. & Echavarren, Francisco & Grau, Thilo & von Hirschhausen, Christian & Hobbs, Benjamin F. & Kunz, Friedrich & Nabe, 2013.
"Renewable electric energy integration: Quantifying the value of design of markets for international transmission capacity,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 760-772.
- Karsten Neuhoff & Rodney Boyd & Thilo Grau & Julian Barquin & Francisco Echavarren & Janusz Bialek & Chris Dent & Christian von Hirschhausen & Benjamin Hobbs & Friedrich Kunz & Hannes Weigt & Christia, 2011. "Renewable Electric Energy Integration: Quantifying the Value of Design of Markets for International Transmission Capacity," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1166, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Hooper, Elizabeth & Medvedev, Andrei, 2009.
"Electrifying integration: Electricity production and the South East Europe regional energy market,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 24-33, March.
- Hooper, E. & Medvedev, A., 2008. "Electrifying Integration: Electricity Production And The South-East Europe Regional Energy Market," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0804, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Bollino, Carlo Andrea & Ciferri, Davide & Polinori, Paolo, 2013.
"Integration and Convergence in European Electricity Markets,"
44704, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlo Andrea Bollino & Davide Ciferri & Paolo Polinori, 2013. "Integration and convergence in European electricity markets," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 114/2013, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- McInerney, Celine & Bunn, Derek, 2013. "Valuation anomalies for interconnector transmission rights," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 565-578.
- Higgs, Helen, 2009. "Modelling price and volatility inter-relationships in the Australian wholesale spot electricity markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 748-756, September.
- Worthington, Andrew & Kay-Spratley, Adam & Higgs, Helen, 2005.
"Transmission of prices and price volatility in Australian electricity spot markets: a multivariate GARCH analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 337-350, March.
- Andrew C. Worthington & Adam Kay-Spratley & Helen Higgs, 2002. "Transmission of prices and price volatility in Australian electricity spot markets: A multivariate GARCH analysis," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 114, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Aatola, Piia & Ollikainen, Markku & Toppinen, Anne, 2013. "Impact of the carbon price on the integrating European electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1236-1251.
- Trueck, Stefan & Weron, Rafal & Wolff, Rodney, 2007. "Outlier Treatment and Robust Approaches for Modeling Electricity Spot Prices," MPRA Paper 4711, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gil, Hugo A. & Gomez-Quiles, Catalina & Riquelme, Jesus, 2012. "Large-scale wind power integration and wholesale electricity trading benefits: Estimation via an ex post approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 849-859.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Jean Michel Glachant & Arthur Henriot, 2013.
"Melting-pots and salad bowls: the current debate on electricity market design for RES integration,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1354, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Arthur HENRIOT & Jean-Michel GLACHANT, 2013. "Melting-pots and salad bowls: the current debate on electricity market design for RES integration," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/55, European University Institute.
- Sensfuß, Frank & Ragwitz, Mario & Genoese, Massimo, 2008. "The merit-order effect: A detailed analysis of the price effect of renewable electricity generation on spot market prices in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3076-3084, August.
- Tse, Y K & Tsui, Albert K C, 2002. "A Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity Model with Time-Varying Correlations," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 351-362, July.
- Castagneto-Gissey, Giorgio, 2014. "How competitive are EU electricity markets? An assessment of ETS Phase II," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 278-297.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5450 is not listed on IDEAS
- Katsumi Shimotsu, 2006. "Simple (but effective) tests of long memory versus structural breaks," Working Papers 1101, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Henriot, Arthur & Glachant, Jean-Michel, 2013. "Melting-pots and salad bowls: The current debate on electricity market design for integration of intermittent RES," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 57-64.
- Banerjee, Anindya & Urga, Giovanni, 2005. "Modelling structural breaks, long memory and stock market volatility: an overview," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 129(1-2), pages 1-34.
- Sáenz de Miera, Gonzalo & del Rio González, Pablo & Vizcaino, Ignacio, 2008. "Analysing the impact of renewable electricity support schemes on power prices: The case of wind electricity in Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3345-3359, September.
- Traber, Thure & Kemfert, Claudia, 2011.
"Gone with the wind? -- Electricity market prices and incentives to invest in thermal power plants under increasing wind energy supply,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 249-256, March.
- Thure Traber & Claudia Kemfert, 2009. "Gone with the Wind?: Electricity Market Prices and Incentives to Invest in Thermal Power Plants under Increasing Wind Energy Supply," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 852, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Woo, C.K. & Horowitz, I. & Moore, J. & Pacheco, A., 2011. "The impact of wind generation on the electricity spot-market price level and variance: The Texas experience," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 3939-3944, July.
- Shao, Xiaofeng & Wu, Wei Biao, 2007. "Local Whittle Estimation Of Fractional Integration For Nonlinear Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(05), pages 899-929, October.
- Oggioni, G. & Murphy, F.H. & Smeers, Y., 2014. "Evaluating the impacts of priority dispatch in the European electricity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 183-200.
- Spiecker, Stephan & Vogel, Philip & Weber, Christoph, 2013. "Evaluating interconnector investments in the north European electricity system considering fluctuating wind power penetration," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 114-127.
- Bruno Bosco & Lucia Parisio & Matteo Pelagatti & Fabio Baldi, 2010. "Long-run relations in european electricity prices," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(5), pages 805-832.
- Helen Higgs, 2009. "Modelling price and volatility inter-relationships in the Australian wholesale spot electricity markets," Discussion Papers in Economics economics:200904, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- T Robinson, 2008. "The Evolution of Electricity Prices in The EU since the Single European Act," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 13(2), pages 59-70, September.
- Paraschiv, Florentina & Erni, David & Pietsch, Ralf, 2014. "The impact of renewable energies on EEX day-ahead electricity prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 196-210.
- Georg Gebhardt and Felix Hoffler, 2013. "How Competitive is Cross-border Trade of Electricity? Theory and Evidence from European Electricity Markets," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Granger, Clive W J, 1986. "Developments in the Study of Cointegrated Economic Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 213-228, August.
- Frank Asche & Petter Osmundsen & Maria Sandsmark, 2006. "The UK Market for Natural Gas, Oil and Electricity: Are the Prices Decoupled?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 27-40.
- Bunn, Derek W. & Gianfreda, Angelica, 2010. "Integration and shock transmissions across European electricity forward markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 278-291, March.
- Giorgio Castagneto-Gissey & Mario Chavez & Fabrizio De Vico Fallani, 2014. "Dynamic Granger-causal networks of electricity spot prices: A novel approach to market integration," Post-Print hal-01023418, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Melikoglu, Mehmet, 2016. "The role of renewables and nuclear energy in Turkey׳s Vision 2023 energy targets: Economic and technical scrutiny," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1-12.
- Kyle E. Binder & James W. Mjelde, 2017. "Fuel inventory and price relationships in the U.S. electric power sector under regulatory and market change," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 197-219, April.
- Horschig, Thomas & Adams, Paul W.R. & Röder, Mirjam & Thornley, Patricia & Thrän, Daniela, 2016. "Reasonable potential for GHG savings by anaerobic biomethane in Germany and UK derived from economic and ecological analyses," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 840-852.
- repec:eee:jrpoli:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:283-299 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ringler, Philipp & Keles, Dogan & Fichtner, Wolf, 2017. "How to benefit from a common European electricity market design," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 629-643.
- Gianfreda, Angelica & Parisio, Lucia & Pelagatti, Matteo, 2016. "Revisiting long-run relations in power markets with high RES penetration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 432-445.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity market integration; Energy transition; Fractional integration; Time-varying correlations; Volatility transmission;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:85:y:2015:i:c:p:357-368. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.