The impact of wind generation on the electricity spot-market price level and variance: The Texas experience
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Klinge Jacobsen, Henrik & Zvingilaite, Erika, 2010. "Reducing the market impact of large shares of intermittent energy in Denmark," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3403-3413, July.
- Green, Richard & Vasilakos, Nicholas, 2010.
"Market behaviour with large amounts of intermittent generation,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3211-3220, July.
- Richard Green & Nicholas Vasilakos, 2008. "Market Behaviour with Large Amounts of Intermittent Generation," Discussion Papers 08-08, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Deng, S.J. & Oren, S.S., 2006. "Electricity derivatives and risk management," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 940-953.
- Sioshansi, Ramteen & Hurlbut, David, 2010. "Market protocols in ERCOT and their effect on wind generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3192-3197, July.
- Steggals, Will & Gross, Robert & Heptonstall, Philip, 2011. "Winds of change: How high wind penetrations will affect investment incentives in the GB electricity sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1389-1396, March.
- Traber, Thure & Kemfert, Claudia, 2011.
"Gone with the wind? -- Electricity market prices and incentives to invest in thermal power plants under increasing wind energy supply,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 249-256, March.
- Thure Traber & Claudia Kemfert, 2009. "Gone with the Wind?: Electricity Market Prices and Incentives to Invest in Thermal Power Plants under Increasing Wind Energy Supply," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 852, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Feldstein, Martin S, 1971. "The Error of Forecast in Econometric Models when the Forecast-Period Exogenous Variables are Stochastic," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(1), pages 55-60, January.
- Hoogwijk, Monique & de Vries, Bert & Turkenburg, Wim, 2004. "Assessment of the global and regional geographical, technical and economic potential of onshore wind energy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 889-919, September.
- Woo, Chi-Keung & Horowitz, Ira & Olson, Arne & Horii, Brian & Baskette, Carmen, 2006. "Efficient frontiers for electricity procurement by an LDC with multiple purchase options," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 70-80, January.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Berry, David, 2005. "Renewable energy as a natural gas price hedge: the case of wind," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 799-807, April.
- Sensfuß, Frank & Ragwitz, Mario & Genoese, Massimo, 2008. "The merit-order effect: A detailed analysis of the price effect of renewable electricity generation on spot market prices in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3076-3084, August.
- Woo, Chi-Keung & Karimov, Rouslan I. & Horowitz, Ira, 2004. "Managing electricity procurement cost and risk by a local distribution company," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 635-645, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Woo, C.K. & Moore, J. & Schneiderman, B. & Ho, T. & Olson, A. & Alagappan, L. & Chawla, K. & Toyama, N. & Zarnikau, J., 2016. "Merit-order effects of renewable energy and price divergence in California’s day-ahead and real-time electricity markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 299-312.
- Woo, C.K. & Chen, Y. & Olson, A. & Moore, J. & Schlag, N. & Ong, A. & Ho, T., 2017. "Electricity price behavior and carbon trading: New evidence from California," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 204(C), pages 531-543.
- Woo, C.K. & Sreedharan, P. & Hargreaves, J. & Kahrl, F. & Wang, J. & Horowitz, I., 2014. "A review of electricity product differentiation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 262-272.
- Chi-Keung Woo, Ira Horowitz, Jay Zarnikau, Jack Moore, Brendan Schneiderman, Tony Ho, and Eric Leung, 2016. "What Moves the Ex Post Variable Profit of Natural-Gas-Fired Generation in California?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Zarnikau, J. & Woo, C.K. & Zhu, S. & Tsai, C.H., 2019. "Market price behavior of wholesale electricity products: Texas," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 418-428.
- Woo, C.K. & Shiu, A. & Liu, Y. & Luo, X. & Zarnikau, J., 2018. "Consumption effects of an electricity decarbonization policy: Hong Kong," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 887-902.
- Cao, K.H. & Qi, H.S. & Tsai, C.H. & Woo, C.K. & Zarnikau, J., 2021. "Energy trading efficiency in the US Midcontinent electricity markets," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 302(C).
- Woo, C.K. & Zarnikau, J. & Moore, J. & Horowitz, I., 2011. "Wind generation and zonal-market price divergence: Evidence from Texas," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 3928-3938, July.
- Ketterer, Janina C., 2014.
"The impact of wind power generation on the electricity price in Germany,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 270-280.
- Janina Ketterer, 2012. "The Impact of Wind Power Generation on the Electricity Price in Germany," ifo Working Paper Series 143, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Alagappan, L. & Orans, R. & Woo, C.K., 2011. "What drives renewable energy development?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5099-5104, September.
- Sreedharan, P. & Farbes, J. & Cutter, E. & Woo, C.K. & Wang, J., 2016. "Microgrid and renewable generation integration: University of California, San Diego," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 709-720.
- Zarnikau, J. & Zhu, S. & Woo, C.K. & Tsai, C.H., 2020. "Texas's operating reserve demand curve's generation investment incentive," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C).
- Browne, Oliver & Poletti, Stephen & Young, David, 2015. "How does market power affect the impact of large scale wind investment in 'energy only' wholesale electricity markets?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 17-27.
- Darghouth, Naïm R. & Barbose, Galen & Wiser, Ryan H., 2014. "Customer-economics of residential photovoltaic systems (Part 1): The impact of high renewable energy penetrations on electricity bill savings with net metering," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 290-300.
- Per B. Solibakke, 2022. "Step‐ahead spot price densities using daily synchronously reported prices and wind forecasts," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 41(1), pages 17-42, January.
- Chi-Keung Woo, Ira Horowitz, Brian Horii, Ren Orans, and Jay Zarnikau, 2012. "Blowing in the Wind: Vanishing Payoffs of a Tolling Agreement for Natural-gas-fired Generation of Electricity in Texas," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/15247 is not listed on IDEAS
- Würzburg, Klaas & Labandeira, Xavier & Linares, Pedro, 2013.
"Renewable generation and electricity prices: Taking stock and new evidence for Germany and Austria,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(S1), pages 159-171.
- Klaas WŸrzburg & Xavier Labandeira & Pedro Linares, 2013. "Renewable Generation and Electricity Prices: Taking Stock and New Evidence for Germany and Austria," Working Papers fa03-2013, Economics for Energy.
- Brown, D.P. & Tsai, C.H. & Woo, C.K. & Zarnikau, J. & Zhu, S., 2020.
"Residential electricity pricing in Texas's competitive retail market,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(C).
- Brown, David P. & Tsai, Chen-Hao & Woo, Chi-Keung & Zarnikau, Jay & Zhu, Shuangshuang, 2020. "Residential Electricity Pricing in Texas’s Competitive Retail Market," Working Papers 2020-4, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Zare, Kazem & Moghaddam, Mohsen Parsa & Sheikh El Eslami, Mohammad Kazem, 2010. "Electricity procurement for large consumers based on Information Gap Decision Theory," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 234-242, January.
- Lilian de Menezes & Melanie A. Houllier, 2013. "Modelling Germany´s Energy Transition and its Potential Effect on European Electricity Spot Markets," EcoMod2013 5395, EcoMod.
More about this item
KeywordsWind energy Electricity price Risk management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:39:y:2011:i:7:p:3939-3944. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.