Modelling price and volatility inter-relationships in the Australian wholesale spot electricity markets
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Nathan, Brisbane, Queensland, 4111|
Phone: (07) 3875-5364
Fax: (07) 3875-7750
Web page: http://www.griffith.edu.au/business-commerce/griffith-business-school/departments/department-accounting-finance-economics
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- Clements, A.E. & Herrera, R. & Hurn, A.S., 2015. "Modelling interregional links in electricity price spikes," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 383-393.
- Figueiredo, Nuno Carvalho & Silva, Patrícia Pereira da & Bunn, Derek, 2016. "Weather and market specificities in the regional transmission of renewable energy price effects," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 188-200.
- Katarzyna Maciejowska & Rafał Weron, 2015.
"Forecasting of daily electricity prices with factor models: utilizing intra-day and inter-zone relationships,"
Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 805-819, September.
- Katarzyna Maciejowska & Rafal Weron, 2013. "Forecasting of daily electricity prices with factor models: Utilizing intra-day and inter-zone relationships," HSC Research Reports HSC/13/11, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Herrera, Rodrigo & González, Nicolás, 2014. "The modeling and forecasting of extreme events in electricity spot markets," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 477-490.
- Werner, Dan, 2014. "Electricity Market Price Volatility: The Importance of Ramping Costs," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169619, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- A Ciarreta and A Zarraga, 2015. "Analysis of mean and volatility price transmissions in the MIBEL and EPEX electricity spot markets," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4).
- Chevallier, Julien, 2010. "The impact of Australian ETS news on wholesale spot electricity prices: An exploratory analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 3910-3921, August.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 2012. "Correlations and volatility spillovers between oil prices and the stock prices of clean energy and technology companies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 248-255.
- Nuno Carvalho Figueiredo & Patrícia Pereira da Silva & Pedro Cerqueira, 2014. "The Renewables Influence on Market Splitting: the Iberian Spot Electricity Market," GEMF Working Papers 2014-14, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Erdogdu, Erkan, 2016. "Asymmetric volatility in European day-ahead power markets: A comparative microeconomic analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 398-409.
- Erdogdu, Erkan, 2015. "Asymmetric volatility in European day-ahead power markets: A comparative microeconomic analysis," MPRA Paper 70986, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Dec 2015.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Fontini, Fulvio & Inchauspe, Julian, 2017. "Integration of regional electricity markets in Australia: A price convergence assessment," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 411-418.
- Eichler Michael & Grothe Oliver & Tuerk Dennis & Manner Hans, 2012. "Modeling spike occurrences in electricity spot prices for forecasting," Research Memorandum 029, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- de Menezes, Lilian M. & Houllier, Melanie A., 2015. "Germany's nuclear power plant closures and the integration of electricity markets in Europe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 357-368.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:108-115 is not listed on IDEAS
- Figueiredo, Nuno Carvalho & Silva, Patrícia Pereira da & Cerqueira, Pedro A., 2015. "Evaluating the market splitting determinants: evidence from the Iberian spot electricity prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 218-234.
- Lilian de Menezes & Melanie A. Houllier, 2013. "Modelling Germany´s Energy Transition and its Potential Effect on European Electricity Spot Markets," EcoMod2013 5395, EcoMod.
- García-Martos, Carolina & Rodríguez, Julio & Sánchez, María Jesús, 2011. "Forecasting electricity prices and their volatilities using Unobserved Components," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1227-1239.
- Tryggvi Jónsson & Pierre Pinson & Henrik Madsen & Henrik Aalborg Nielsen, 2014. "Predictive Densities for Day-Ahead Electricity Prices Using Time-Adaptive Quantile Regression," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(9), pages 1-25, August.
- Higgs, Helen & Lien, Gudbrand & Worthington, Andrew C., 2015. "Australian evidence on the role of interregional flows, production capacity, and generation mix in wholesale electricity prices and price volatility," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 172-181.
- Ciarreta Antuñano, Aitor & Zárraga Alonso, Ainhoa, 2012. "Analysis of volatility transmissions in integrated and interconnected markets: The case of the Iberian and French markets," BILTOKI Biltoki;2012-04, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- Figueiredo, Nuno Carvalho & Silva, Patrícia Pereira da & Cerqueira, Pedro A., 2016. "It is windy in Denmark: Does market integration suffer?," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P2), pages 1385-1399.
- Haugom, Erik & Westgaard, Sjur & Solibakke, Per Bjarte & Lien, Gudbrand, 2011. "Realized volatility and the influence of market measures on predictability: Analysis of Nord Pool forward electricity data," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1206-1215.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gri:epaper:economics:200904. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Professor Tom Nguyen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed