Wind power integration, negative prices and power system flexibility - An empirical analysis of extreme events in Germany
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cramton, Peter & Stoft, Steven, 2008.
"Forward reliability markets: Less risk, less market power, more efficiency,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 194-201, September.
- Peter Cramton & Steven Stoft, 2008. "Forward Reliability Markets: Less Risk, Less Market Power, More Efficiency," Papers of Peter Cramton 08frm, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2008.
- Lise, Wietze & Hobbs, Benjamin F. & Hers, Sebastiaan, 2008. "Market power in the European electricity market--The impacts of dry weather and additional transmission capacity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1331-1343, April.
- Richard J. Green, 2008. "Electricity Wholesale Markets: Designs Now and in a Low-carbon Future," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 95-124.
- Brunekreeft, Gert & Neuhoff, Karsten & Newbery, David, 2005.
"Electricity transmission: An overview of the current debate,"
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 73-93, June.
- Brunekreeft, G. & Neuhoff, K. & Newbery, D., 2004. "Electricity transmission: an overview of the current debate," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0463, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Batlle, Carlos & Pérez-Arriaga, Ignacio J., 2008. "Design criteria for implementing a capacity mechanism in deregulated electricity markets," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 184-193, September.
- Peter Cramton, 2003.
"Competitive Bidding Behavior in Uniform-Price Auction Markets,"
Papers of Peter Cramton
03ferc1, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2003.
- Peter Cramton, 2004. "Competitive Bidding Behavior in Uniform-Price Auction Markets," Papers of Peter Cramton 04hicss, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2004.
- Sensfuß, Frank & Ragwitz, Mario & Genoese, Massimo, 2008. "The merit-order effect: A detailed analysis of the price effect of renewable electricity generation on spot market prices in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3076-3084, August.
- Weber, Christoph, 2010. "Adequate intraday market design to enable the integration of wind energy into the European power systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3155-3163, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peeter Pikk & Marko Viiding, 2013. "The dangers of marginal cost based electricity pricing," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 13(1), pages 49-62, July.
- Chatzivasileiadis, Spyros & Ernst, Damien & Andersson, Göran, 2013. "The Global Grid," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 372-383.
- Ketterer, Janina C., 2014.
"The impact of wind power generation on the electricity price in Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 270-280.
- Janina Ketterer, 2012. "The Impact of Wind Power Generation on the Electricity Price in Germany," ifo Working Paper Series 143, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Dominique Finon & Fabien Roques, 2013.
"European Electricity Market Reforms: The "Visible Hand" of Public Coordination,"
Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Dominique Finon & Fabien Roques, 2013. "European Electricity Market Reforms: The "Visible Hand" of Public Coordination," Post-Print hal-00984254, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13147 is not listed on IDEAS
- Florian Kuhnlenz & Pedro H. J. Nardelli & Santtu Karhinen & Rauli Svento, 2017. "Implementing Flexible Demand: Real-time Price vs. Market Integration," Papers 1709.02667, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2018.
- de Menezes, Lilian M. & Houllier, Melanie A., 2015. "Germany's nuclear power plant closures and the integration of electricity markets in Europe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 357-368.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity markets; negative prices; renewable electricity integration; wind power;
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- D41 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Perfect Competition
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31834. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.