Wind power integration, negative prices and power system flexibility - An empirical analysis of extreme events in Germany
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cramton, Peter & Stoft, Steven, 2008.
"Forward reliability markets: Less risk, less market power, more efficiency,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 194-201, September.
- Peter Cramton & Steven Stoft, 2008. "Forward Reliability Markets: Less Risk, Less Market Power, More Efficiency," Papers of Peter Cramton 08frm, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2008.
- Lise, Wietze & Hobbs, Benjamin F. & Hers, Sebastiaan, 2008. "Market power in the European electricity market--The impacts of dry weather and additional transmission capacity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1331-1343, April.
- Brunekreeft, Gert & Neuhoff, Karsten & Newbery, David, 2005.
"Electricity transmission: An overview of the current debate,"
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 73-93, June.
- Brunekreeft, G. & Neuhoff, K. & Newbery, D., 2004. "Electricity transmission: an overview of the current debate," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0463, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Weber, Christoph, 2010. "Adequate intraday market design to enable the integration of wind energy into the European power systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3155-3163, July.
- Richard J. Green, 2008. "Electricity Wholesale Markets: Designs Now and in a Low-carbon Future," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 95-124.
- Batlle, Carlos & Pérez-Arriaga, Ignacio J., 2008. "Design criteria for implementing a capacity mechanism in deregulated electricity markets," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 184-193, September.
- Peter Cramton, 2003.
"Competitive Bidding Behavior in Uniform-Price Auction Markets,"
Papers of Peter Cramton
03ferc1, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2003.
- Peter Cramton, 2004. "Competitive Bidding Behavior in Uniform-Price Auction Markets," Papers of Peter Cramton 04hicss, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2004.
- Sensfuß, Frank & Ragwitz, Mario & Genoese, Massimo, 2008. "The merit-order effect: A detailed analysis of the price effect of renewable electricity generation on spot market prices in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3076-3084, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peeter Pikk & Marko Viiding, 2013. "The dangers of marginal cost based electricity pricing," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 13(1), pages 49-62, July.
- Ketterer, Janina C., 2014.
"The impact of wind power generation on the electricity price in Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 270-280.
- Janina Ketterer, 2012. "The Impact of Wind Power Generation on the Electricity Price in Germany," ifo Working Paper Series 143, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13147 is not listed on IDEAS
- de Menezes, Lilian M. & Houllier, Melanie A., 2015. "Germany's nuclear power plant closures and the integration of electricity markets in Europe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 357-368.
- Chatzivasileiadis, Spyros & Ernst, Damien & Andersson, Göran, 2013. "The Global Grid," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 372-383.
- Dominique Finon & Fabien Roques, 2013.
"European Electricity Market Reforms: The "Visible Hand" of Public Coordination,"
Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Dominique Finon & Fabien Roques, 2013. "European Electricity Market Reforms: The "Visible Hand" of Public Coordination," Post-Print hal-00984254, HAL.
- Florian Kuhnlenz & Pedro H. J. Nardelli & Santtu Karhinen & Rauli Svento, 2017. "Implementing Flexible Demand: Real-time Price vs. Market Integration," Papers 1709.02667, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2018.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity markets; negative prices; renewable electricity integration; wind power;
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- D41 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Perfect Competition
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31834. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .