Household energy consumption patterns and its environmental implications: Assessment of energy access and poverty in Nepal
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gautam, Rajeeb & Baral, Sumit & Herat, Sunil, 2009. "Biogas as a sustainable energy source in Nepal: Present status and future challenges," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 248-252, January.
- Pokharel, Shaligram, 2003. "Promotional issues on alternative energy technologies in Nepal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 307-318, March.
- Shrestha, Ram M. & Rajbhandari, Salony, 2010. "Energy and environmental implications of carbon emission reduction targets: Case of Kathmandu Valley, Nepal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4818-4827, September.
- Parajuli, Ranjan, 2011. "Access to energy in Mid/Far west region-Nepal from the perspective of energy poverty," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 2299-2304.
- Rijal, Kamal & Bansal, N. K. & Grover, P. D., 1990. "Rural household energy demand modelling : A case study of Nepal," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 279-288, October.
- Amatya, Vishwa B. & Chandrashekar, M. & Robinson, John B., 1993. "Residential sector energy-supply-demand analysis: A modelling approach for developing countries and fuelwood-supply sustainability in Nepal," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 341-354.
- Khandker, Shahidur R. & Barnes, Douglas F. & Samad, Hussain A., 2012. "Are the energy poor also income poor? Evidence from India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-12.
- K.C., Surendra & Khanal, Samir Kumar & Shrestha, Prachand & Lamsal, Buddhi, 2011. "Current status of renewable energy in Nepal: Opportunities and challenges," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(8), pages 4107-4117.
- World Bank, 2012. "World Development Indicators 2012," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6014.
- Katuwal, Hari & Bohara, Alok K., 2009. "Biogas: A promising renewable technology and its impact on rural households in Nepal," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2668-2674, December.
- Gurung, Anup & Kumar Ghimeray, Amal & Hassan, Sedky H.A., 2012. "The prospects of renewable energy technologies for rural electrification: A review from Nepal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 374-380.
- Gurung, Anup & Oh, Sang Eun, 2013. "Conversion of traditional biomass into modern bioenergy systems: A review in context to improve the energy situation in Nepal," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 206-213.
- Nepal, Mani & Nepal, Apsara & Grimsrud, Kristine, 2011.
"Unbelievable but improved cookstoves are not helpful in reducing firewood demand in Nepal,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Mani Nepal & Apsara Nepal & Kristine Grimsrud, 2011. "Unbelievable but True â€” Improved Cook-stoves are not Helpful in Reducing Firewood Demand in Nepal," Working Papers id:3408, eSocialSciences.
- Nepal, Rabindra, 2012. "Roles and potentials of renewable energy in less-developed economies: The case of Nepal," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 2200-2206.
- Pokharel, Shaligram, 2004. "Energy economics of cooking in households in Nepal," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 547-559.
- Heltberg, Rasmus, 2004. "Fuel switching: evidence from eight developing countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 869-887, September.
- Koffi Ekouevi & Voravate Tuntivate, 2012. "Household Energy Access for Cooking and Heating : Lessons Learned and the Way Forward," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 9372.
- Leach, Gerald, 1992. "The energy transition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 116-123, February.
- Rijal, Kamal, 1986. "Resource potential and economic evaluation of bio-gas utilization in Nepal," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 545-550.
- Pokharel, S. & Chandrashekar, M. & Robinson, J.B., 1992. "Interfuel and intermode substitution for cooking," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 17(10), pages 907-918.
- Malla, Min Bikram & Bruce, Nigel & Bates, Elizabeth & Rehfuess, Eva, 2011. "Applying global cost-benefit analysis methods to indoor air pollution mitigation interventions in Nepal, Kenya and Sudan: Insights and challenges," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7518-7529.
- Bhattacharyya, Subhes C. & Timilsina, Govinda R., 2010. "Modelling energy demand of developing countries: Are the specific features adequately captured?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1979-1990, April.
- Shrestha, Ram M. & Malla, Sunil, 1996. "Air pollution from energy use in a developing country city: The case of Kathmandu Valley, Nepal," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 785-794.
- Kyran O'Sullivan & Douglas F. Barnes, 2007. "Energy Policies and Multitopic Household Surveys : Guidelines for Questionnaire Design in Living Standards Measurement Studies," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6615.
- Pachauri, S. & Mueller, A. & Kemmler, A. & Spreng, D., 2004. "On Measuring Energy Poverty in Indian Households," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2083-2104, December.
- Sudeshna Ghosh Banerjee & Avjeet Singh & Hussain Samad, 2011. "Power and People : The Benefits of Renewable Energy in Nepal," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2340.
- Amacher, Gregory S. & Hyde, William F. & Kanel, Keshav R., 1996. "Household fuelwood demand and supply in Nepal's tarai and mid-hills: Choice between cash outlays and labor opportunity," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(11), pages 1725-1736, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vania Vigolo & Rezarta Sallaku & Federico Testa, 2018. "Drivers and Barriers to Clean Cooking: A Systematic Literature Review from a Consumer Behavior Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-21, November.
- Acharya, Bikram & Marhold, Klaus, 2019. "Determinants of household energy use and fuel switching behavior in Nepal," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 1132-1138.
- Vidoza, Jorge A. & Gallo, Waldyr L.R., 2016. "Projection of fossil fuels consumption in the Venezuelan electricity generation industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 237-249.
- Joshi, Janak & Bohara, Alok K., 2017. "Household preferences for cooking fuels and inter-fuel substitutions: Unlocking the modern fuels in the Nepalese household," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 507-523.
- Chuan Tian & Guohui Feng & Shuai Li & Fuqiang Xu, 2019. "Scenario Analysis on Energy Consumption and CO 2 Emissions Reduction Potential in Building Heating Sector at Community Level," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(19), pages 1-26, September.
- Qian Wang & Qiao-Mei Liang & Bing Wang & Fang-Xun Zhong, 2016. "Impact of household expenditures on CO2 emissions in China: Income-determined or lifestyle-driven?," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 84(1), pages 353-379, November.
- Zhang, Dayong & Li, Jiajia & Han, Phoumin, 2019. "A multidimensional measure of energy poverty in China and its impacts on health: An empirical study based on the China family panel studies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 72-81.
- Ghulam Murtaza & Muhammad Zahir Faridi, 2015. "Causality Linkages among Energy Poverty, Income Inequality, Income Poverty and Growth: A System Dynamic Modelling Approach," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 54(4), pages 407-425.
More about this item
KeywordsHousehold energy use and air pollution; Energy access and poverty; Nepal;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:61:y:2013:i:c:p:990-1002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.