Energy and environmental implications of carbon emission reduction targets: Case of Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kesgin, Ugur, 2006. "Aircraft emissions at Turkish airports," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 372-384.
- Bose, Ranjan Kumar & Shukla, Megha, 1999. "Elasticities of electricity demand in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 137-146, March.
- Pradhan, Shreekar & Ale, Bhakta Bahadur & Amatya, Vishwa Bhusan, 2006. "Mitigation potential of greenhouse gas emission and implications on fuel consumption due to clean energy vehicles as public passenger transport in Kathmandu Valley of Nepal: A case study of trolley bu," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 1748-1760.
- Shrestha, Ram M. & Malla, Sunil, 1996. "Air pollution from energy use in a developing country city: The case of Kathmandu Valley, Nepal," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 785-794.
- Webster, Mort & Paltsev, Sergey & Reilly, John, 2008. "Autonomous efficiency improvement or income elasticity of energy demand: Does it matter?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 2785-2798, November.
- Dhakal, Shobhakar, 2003. "Implications of transportation policies on energy and environment in Kathmandu Valley, Nepal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(14), pages 1493-1507, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Mingwei & Che, Yue & Yang, Kai & Wang, Min & Xiong, Lijun & Huang, Yuchi, 2011. "A local-scale low-carbon plan based on the STIRPAT model and the scenario method: The case of Minhang District, Shanghai, China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 6981-6990.
- Baral Gautam, Yamuna & Pelkonen, Paavo & Halder, Pradipta, 2013. "Perceptions of bioenergy among Nepalese foresters – Survey results and policy implications," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 533-538.
- Malla, Sunil, 2013. "Household energy consumption patterns and its environmental implications: Assessment of energy access and poverty in Nepal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 990-1002.
- Suganthi, L. & Samuel, Anand A., 2012. "Energy models for demand forecasting—A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 1223-1240.
- Shrestha, Ram M. & Shakya, Shree Raj, 2012. "Benefits of low carbon development in a developing country: Case of Nepal," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(S3), pages 503-512.
- Malla, Sunil, 2014. "Assessment of mobility and its impact on energy use and air pollution in Nepal," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 485-496.
- Ali, Ghaffar & Abbas, Sawaid & Mueen Qamer, Faisal, 2013. "How effectively low carbon society development models contribute to climate change mitigation and adaptation action plans in Asia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 632-638.
- Anwar, Javed, 2016. "Analysis of energy security, environmental emission and fuel import costs under energy import reduction targets: A case of Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 1065-1078.
- M. K. Thapa & B. K. Bhattarai & S. Gurung & B. K. Sapkota & K. N. Poudyal & N. R. Karki, 2017. "Effects of aerosols on the solar radiation in mid-hill of Nepal: a case study in the Kathmandu Valley," International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, Springer;The Society for Reliability, Engineering Quality and Operations Management (SREQOM),India, and Division of Operation and Maintenance, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, vol. 8(1), pages 54-62, March.
- Ye Liu & Guohe Huang & Yanpeng Cai & Cong Dong, 2011. "An Inexact Mix-Integer Two-Stage Linear Programming Model for Supporting the Management of a Low-Carbon Energy System in China," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(10), pages 1-30, October.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Dhakal, Saroj & Gippner, Olivia & Bambawale, Malavika Jain, 2011. "Halting hydro: A review of the socio-technical barriers to hydroelectric power plants in Nepal," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 3468-3476.
- Shree Shakya & S. Kumar & Ram Shrestha, 2012. "Co-benefits of a carbon tax in Nepal," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 77-101, January.
- Gurung, Anup & Oh, Sang Eun, 2013. "Conversion of traditional biomass into modern bioenergy systems: A review in context to improve the energy situation in Nepal," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 206-213.
More about this item
KeywordsUrban energy use CO2 emission targets Kathmandu Valley energy system model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:9:p:4818-4827. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .