Roles and potentials of renewable energy in less-developed economies: The case of Nepal
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martinot, E. & Cabraal, A. & Mathur, S., 2001. "World Bank/GEF solar home system projects: experiences and lessons learned 1993-2000," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 39-57, March.
- Geoffrey Heal, 2010. "Reflections--The Economics of Renewable Energy in the United States," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(1), pages 139-154, Winter.
- Pereira, Marcio Giannini & Freitas, Marcos Aurélio Vasconcelos & da Silva, Neilton Fidelis, 2010. "Rural electrification and energy poverty: Empirical evidences from Brazil," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 1229-1240, May.
- Haanyika, Charles Moonga, 2006. "Rural electrification policy and institutional linkages," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2977-2993, November.
- Pollitt, Michael & Stern, Jon, 2011. "Human resource constraints for electricity regulation in developing countries: Developments since 2001," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 53-60, June.
- Bhandari, Ramchandra & Stadler, Ingo, 2011. "Electrification using solar photovoltaic systems in Nepal," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 458-465, February.
- Kamal Raj Dhungel, 2008. "A causal relationship between energy consumption and economic growth in Nepal," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 15(1), pages 137-150, June.
- Yadoo, Annabel & Cruickshank, Heather, 2010. "The value of cooperatives in rural electrification," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 2941-2947, June.
- Nouni, M.R. & Mullick, S.C. & Kandpal, T.C., 2006. "Techno-economics of micro-hydro projects for decentralized power supply in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1161-1174, July.
- Jamasb, T. & Köhler, J., 2007. "Learning Curves For Energy Technology and Policy Analysis: A Critical Assessment," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0752, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Liming, Huang, 2009. "Financing rural renewable energy: A comparison between China and India," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 1096-1103, June.
- Smith, Thomas B., 2004. "Electricity theft: a comparative analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(18), pages 2067-2076, December.
- Miller, Damian & Hope, Chris, 2000. "Learning to lend for off-grid solar power: policy lessons from World Bank loans to India, Indonesia, and Sri Lanka," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 87-105, February.
- Nepal, Rabindra & Jamasb, Tooraj, 2012. "Reforming small electricity systems under political instability: The case of Nepal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 242-251.
- Foley, G., 1995. "Photovoltaic Applications in Rural Areas of the Developing World," Papers 304, World Bank - Technical Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lokonon Boris Odilon Kounagbè & Adeleke Oluwole Salami, 2017. "Working Paper 269 - Climate Change and Renewable Energy Generation in Africa," Working Paper Series 2386, African Development Bank.
- Ram P. Dhital & Yutaka Ito & Shinji Kaneko & Satoru Komatsu & Ryota Mihara & Yuichiro Yoshida, 2016. "Does Institutional Failure Undermine the Physical Design Performance of Solar Water Pumping Systems in Rural Nepal?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-11, August.
- Alfaro, Jose & Miller, Shelie, 2014. "Satisfying the rural residential demand in Liberia with decentralized renewable energy schemes," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 903-911.
- Poudel, Ram C., 2013. "Quantitative decision parameters of rural electrification planning: A review based on a pilot project in rural Nepal," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 291-300.
- Ana María González & Harrison Sandoval & Pilar Acosta & Felipe Henao, 2016. "On the Acceptance and Sustainability of Renewable Energy Projects—A Systems Thinking Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-21, November.
- Malla, Sunil, 2013. "Household energy consumption patterns and its environmental implications: Assessment of energy access and poverty in Nepal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 990-1002.
- Qazi, Usama & Jahanzaib, Mirza & Ahmad, Wasim & Hussain, Salman, 2017. "An institutional framework for the development of sustainable and competitive power market in Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 83-95.
- Gabriel, Cle-Anne, 2016. "What is challenging renewable energy entrepreneurs in developing countries?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 362-371.
- Devabhaktuni, Vijay & Alam, Mansoor & Shekara Sreenadh Reddy Depuru, Soma & Green, Robert C. & Nims, Douglas & Near, Craig, 2013. "Solar energy: Trends and enabling technologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 555-564.
- Laurini, Márcio Poletti, 2017. "The spatio-temporal dynamics of ethanol/gasoline price ratio in Brazil," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 1-12.
- Gurung, Anup & Karki, Rahul & Cho, Ju Sik & Park, Kyung Won & Oh, Sang-Eun, 2013. "Roles of renewable energy technologies in improving the rural energy situation in Nepal: Gaps and opportunities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1104-1109.
- Suresh Baral & Kyung Chun Kim, 2015. "Stand-Alone Solar Organic Rankine Cycle Water Pumping System and Its Economic Viability in Nepal," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(1), pages 1-18, December.
- Sharma, Naveen Kumar & Tiwari, Prashant Kumar & Sood, Yog Raj, 2013. "A comprehensive analysis of strategies, policies and development of hydropower in India: Special emphasis on small hydro power," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 460-470.
- Azadian, Farshad & Radzi, M.A.M., 2013. "A general approach toward building integrated photovoltaic systems and its implementation barriers: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 527-538.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:918-926 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pirlogea, Corina & Cicea, Claudiu, 2012. "Econometric perspective of the energy consumption and economic growth relation in European Union," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(8), pages 5718-5726.
More about this item
KeywordsRenewable; Electrification; Research and development;
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:16:y:2012:i:4:p:2200-2206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .