Local authorities in the context of energy and climate policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Poudyal, Neelam C. & Siry, Jacek P. & Bowker, J.M., 2010. "Urban forests' potential to supply marketable carbon emission offsets: A survey of municipal governments in the United States," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 432-438, July.
- Sperling, Karl & Hvelplund, Frede & Mathiesen, Brian Vad, 2011. "Centralisation and decentralisation in strategic municipal energy planning in Denmark," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1338-1351, March.
- Sarafidis, Y. & Diakoulaki, D. & Papayannakis, L. & Zervos, A., 1999. "A regional planning approach for the promotion of renewable energies," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 317-330.
- Ardente, Fulvio & Beccali, Marco & Cellura, Maurizio & Mistretta, Marina, 2011. "Energy and environmental benefits in public buildings as a result of retrofit actions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 460-470, January.
- Fahlén, E. & Ahlgren, E.O., 2010. "Accounting for external costs in a study of a Swedish district-heating system - An assessment of environmental policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4909-4920, September.
- Nilsson, J. Stenlund & Mårtensson, A., 2003. "Municipal energy-planning and development of local energy-systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-3), pages 179-187, September.
- Economou, Agisilaos, 2010. "Renewable energy resources and sustainable development in Mykonos (Greece)," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 1496-1501, June.
- Kostic, Miomir & Djokic, Lidija, 2009. "Recommendations for energy efficient and visually acceptable street lighting," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1565-1572.
- Pietrapertosa, F. & Cosmi, C. & Macchiato, M. & Marmo, G. & Salvia, M., 2003. "Comprehensive modelling for approaching the Kyoto targets on a local scale," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 249-270, June.
- Cormio, C. & Dicorato, M. & Minoia, A. & Trovato, M., 2003. "A regional energy planning methodology including renewable energy sources and environmental constraints," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 99-130, April.
- Radulovic, Dusko & Skok, Srdjan & Kirincic, Vedran, 2011. "Energy efficiency public lighting management in the cities," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1908-1915.
- Martensson, Kjell & Westerberg, Karin, 2007. "How to transform local energy systems towards bioenergy? Three strategy models for transformation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6095-6105, December.
- Wei, Na & Yong, Wu & Yan, Song & Zhongcheng, Dong, 2009. "Government management and implementation of national real-time energy monitoring system for China large-scale public building," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2087-2091, June.
- Cosmi, C. & Macchiato, M. & Mangiamele, L. & Marmo, G. & Pietrapertosa, F. & Salvia, M., 2003. "Environmental and economic effects of renewable energy sources use on a local case study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 443-457, April.
- Söderholm, Patrik & Ek, Kristina & Pettersson, Maria, 2007. "Wind power development in Sweden: Global policies and local obstacles," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 365-400, April.
- Yan-ping, Feng & Yong, Wu & Chang-bin, Liu, 2009. "Energy-efficiency supervision systems for energy management in large public buildings: Necessary choice for China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2060-2065, June.
- Lund, Henrik, 2007. "Renewable energy strategies for sustainable development," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 912-919.
- West, J. & Bailey, I. & Winter, M., 2010. "Renewable energy policy and public perceptions of renewable energy: A cultural theory approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5739-5748, October.
- Caresana, Flavio & Brandoni, Caterina & Feliciotti, Petro & Bartolini, Carlo Maria, 2011. "Energy and economic analysis of an ICE-based variable speed-operated micro-cogenerator," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 659-671, March.
- Salvia, M. & Pietrapertosa, F. & Cosmi, C. & Cuomo, V. & Macchiato, M., 2004. "Approaching the Kyoto targets: a case study for Basilicata region (Italy)," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 73-90, February.
- Marino, Angelica & Bertoldi, Paolo & Rezessy, Silvia & Boza-Kiss, Benigna, 2011. "A snapshot of the European energy service market in 2010 and policy recommendations to foster a further market development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6190-6198, October.
- Rezessy, Silvia & Dimitrov, Konstantin & Urge-Vorsatz, Diana & Baruch, Seth, 2006. "Municipalities and energy efficiency in countries in transition: Review of factors that determine municipal involvement in the markets for energy services and energy efficient equipment, or how to aug," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 223-237, January.
- Michalena, Evanthie & Angeon, Valrie, 2009. "Local challenges in the promotion of renewable energy sources: The case of Crete," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 2018-2026, May.
- Hou, Jian & Zhang, Peidong & Tian, Yongsheng & Yuan, Xianzheng & Yang, Yanli, 2011. "Developing low-carbon economy: Actions, challenges and solutions for energy savings in China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 3037-3042.
- Kaikko, Juha & Backman, Jari, 2007. "Technical and economic performance analysis for a microturbine in combined heat and power generation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 378-387.
- Beccali, Marco & Cellura, Maurizio & Mistretta, Marina, 2007. "Environmental effects of energy policy in sicily: The role of renewable energy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 282-298, February.
- Hiremath, R.B. & Shikha, S. & Ravindranath, N.H., 2007. "Decentralized energy planning; modeling and application--a review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 729-752, June.
- Dhakal, Shobhakar, 2009. "Urban energy use and carbon emissions from cities in China and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4208-4219, November.
- Lund, H. & Mathiesen, B.V., 2009. "Energy system analysis of 100% renewable energy systems—The case of Denmark in years 2030 and 2050," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 524-531.
- Alberg Østergaard, Poul & Mathiesen, Brian Vad & Möller, Bernd & Lund, Henrik, 2010. "A renewable energy scenario for Aalborg Municipality based on low-temperature geothermal heat, wind power and biomass," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 4892-4901.
- Lin, Q.G. & Huang, G.H., 2009. "Planning of energy system management and GHG-emission control in the Municipality of Beijing--An inexact-dynamic stochastic programming model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4463-4473, November.
- Comodi, G. & Cioccolanti, L. & Gargiulo, M., 2012. "Municipal scale scenario: Analysis of an Italian seaside town with MarkAL-TIMES," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 303-315.
- Keirstead, James & Schulz, Niels B., 2010. "London and beyond: Taking a closer look at urban energy policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4870-4879, September.
- Brandoni, Caterina & Polonara, Fabio, 2012. "The role of municipal energy planning in the regional energy-planning process," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 323-338.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Houda Elmustapha & Thomas Hoppe & Hans Bressers, 2018. "Understanding Stakeholders’ Views and the Influence of the Socio-Cultural Dimension on the Adoption of Solar Energy Technology in Lebanon," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-17, January.
- Assoumou, Edi & Marmorat, Jean-Paul & Roy, Valérie, 2015. "Investigating long-term energy and CO2 mitigation options at city scale: A technical analysis for the city of Bologna," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(P3), pages 592-611.
- Pablo-Romero, María del P. & Pozo-Barajas, Rafael & Sánchez-Braza, Antonio, 2015. "Understanding local CO2 emissions reduction targets," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 347-355.
- Baiardi, Donatella, 2019. "Do sustainable energy policies matter for reducing greenhouse gas emissions?," EconStor Preprints 202077, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Berardi, Umberto, 2013. "Stakeholders’ influence on the adoption of energy-saving technologies in Italian homes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 520-530.
- Sarrica, Mauro & Biddau, Fulvio & Brondi, Sonia & Cottone, Paolo & Mazzara, Bruno M., 2018. "A multi-scale examination of public discourse on energy sustainability in Italy: Empirical evidence and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 444-454.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:7:y:2015:i:12:p:16435-16450:d:60480 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giorgio Baldinelli & Francesco Bianchi & Matteo Cornicchia & Francesco D’Alessandro & Gabriele De Micheli & Gaia Gifuni & Andrea Monsignori & Maria Ruggiero & Michele Cenci & Fabrizio Bonucci & France, 2015. "MuSAE: A European Project for the Diffusion of Energy and Environmental Planning in Small-Medium Sized Municipalities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(12), pages 1-16, December.
- Jennifer S. Bansard & Philipp H. Pattberg & Oscar Widerberg, 2017. "Cities to the rescue? Assessing the performance of transnational municipal networks in global climate governance," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 229-246, April.
- Comodi, Gabriele & Cioccolanti, Luca & Renzi, Massimiliano, 2014. "Modelling the Italian household sector at the municipal scale: Micro-CHP, renewables and energy efficiency," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 92-103.
- Stefano Moroni & Valentina Antoniucci & Adriano Bisello, 2019. "Local Energy Communities and Distributed Generation: Contrasting Perspectives, and Inevitable Policy Trade-Offs, beyond the Apparent Global Consensus," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(12), pages 1-16, June.
- Donatella Baiardi, 2020. "Do sustainable energy policies matter for reducing greenhouse gas emissions?," Working Papers 425, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2020.
- Azevedo, Isabel & Horta, Isabel & Leal, Vítor M.S., 2017. "Analysis of the relationship between local climate change mitigation actions and greenhouse gas emissions – Empirical insights," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 204-213.
- Polzin, Friedemann & Nolden, Colin & von Flotow, Paschen, 2018. "Drivers and barriers for municipal retrofitting activities – Evidence from a large-scale survey of German local authorities," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 99-108.
- Bale, Catherine S.E. & McCullen, Nicholas J. & Foxon, Timothy J. & Rucklidge, Alastair M. & Gale, William F., 2013. "Harnessing social networks for promoting adoption of energy technologies in the domestic sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 833-844.
- Azevedo, Isabel & Leal, Vítor M.S., 2017. "Methodologies for the evaluation of local climate change mitigation actions: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 681-690.
- Estitxu Villamor & Ortzi Akizu-Gardoki & Olatz Azurza & Leire Urkidi & Alvaro Campos-Celador & Izaro Basurko & Iñaki Barcena Hinojal, 2020. "European Cities in the Energy Transition: A Preliminary Analysis of 27 Cities," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(6), pages 1-25, March.
- Juroszek, Zbigniew & Kudelko, Mariusz, 2016. "A model of optimization for local energy infrastructure development," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 625-643.
- Domenico Campisi & Simone Gitto & Donato Morea, 2017. "Light Emitting Diodes Technology in Public Light System of the Municipality of Rome: An Economic and Financial Analysis," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 200-208.
More about this item
KeywordsLocal energy planning; Low-carbon initiatives; MARKAL-TIMES;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:51:y:2012:i:c:p:737-748. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.