Energy supply modelling of a low-CO2 emitting energy system: Case study of a Danish municipality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thellufsen, Jakob Zinck & Lund, Henrik, 2016. "Roles of local and national energy systems in the integration of renewable energy," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 419-429.
- Bale, Catherine S.E. & Foxon, Timothy J. & Hannon, Matthew J. & Gale, William F., 2012. "Strategic energy planning within local authorities in the UK: A study of the city of Leeds," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 242-251.
- Sperling, Karl & Möller, Bernd, 2012. "End-use energy savings and district heating expansion in a local renewable energy system – A short-term perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 831-842.
- Choudhury, Arnab & Chandra, H. & Arora, A., 2013. "Application of solid oxide fuel cell technology for power generation—A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 430-442.
- Orehounig, Kristina & Evins, Ralph & Dorer, Viktor, 2015. "Integration of decentralized energy systems in neighbourhoods using the energy hub approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 277-289.
- Chittum, Anna & Østergaard, Poul Alberg, 2014. "How Danish communal heat planning empowers municipalities and benefits individual consumers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 465-474.
- Sampaio, Henrique César & Dias, Rubens Alves & Balestieri, José Antônio Perrella, 2013. "Sustainable urban energy planning: The case study of a tropical city," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 924-935.
- Sharaf, Omar Z. & Orhan, Mehmet F., 2014. "An overview of fuel cell technology: Fundamentals and applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 810-853.
- Jenssen, Till & König, Andreas & Eltrop, Ludger, 2014. "Bioenergy villages in Germany: Bringing a low carbon energy supply for rural areas into practice," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 74-80.
- Keirstead, James & Jennings, Mark & Sivakumar, Aruna, 2012. "A review of urban energy system models: Approaches, challenges and opportunities," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 3847-3866.
- Connolly, D. & Mathiesen, B.V. & Ridjan, I., 2014. "A comparison between renewable transport fuels that can supplement or replace biofuels in a 100% renewable energy system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 110-125.
- Götz, Manuel & Lefebvre, Jonathan & Mörs, Friedemann & McDaniel Koch, Amy & Graf, Frank & Bajohr, Siegfried & Reimert, Rainer & Kolb, Thomas, 2016. "Renewable Power-to-Gas: A technological and economic review," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 1371-1390.
- Lund, Rasmus & Persson, Urban, 2016. "Mapping of potential heat sources for heat pumps for district heating in Denmark," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 129-138.
- Assoumou, Edi & Marmorat, Jean-Paul & Roy, Valérie, 2015. "Investigating long-term energy and CO2 mitigation options at city scale: A technical analysis for the city of Bologna," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(P3), pages 592-611.
- Budzianowski, Wojciech M., 2012. "Negative carbon intensity of renewable energy technologies involving biomass or carbon dioxide as inputs," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(9), pages 6507-6521.
- Ridjan, Iva & Mathiesen, Brian Vad & Connolly, David, 2014. "Synthetic fuel production costs by means of solid oxide electrolysis cells," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 104-113.
- Keirstead, James & Schulz, Niels B., 2010. "London and beyond: Taking a closer look at urban energy policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4870-4879, September.
- Sperling, Karl & Hvelplund, Frede & Mathiesen, Brian Vad, 2011. "Centralisation and decentralisation in strategic municipal energy planning in Denmark," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1338-1351, March.
- Nilsson, J. Stenlund & Mårtensson, A., 2003. "Municipal energy-planning and development of local energy-systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-3), pages 179-187, September.
- Schmidt, J. & Schönhart, M. & Biberacher, M. & Guggenberger, T. & Hausl, S. & Kalt, G. & Leduc, S. & Schardinger, I. & Schmid, E., 2012. "Regional energy autarky: Potentials, costs and consequences for an Austrian region," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 211-221.
- Graves, Christopher & Ebbesen, Sune D. & Mogensen, Mogens & Lackner, Klaus S., 2011. "Sustainable hydrocarbon fuels by recycling CO2 and H2O with renewable or nuclear energy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Kiss, Viktor Miklós, 2015. "Modelling the energy system of Pécs – The first step towards a sustainable city," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 373-387.
- Lythcke-Jørgensen, Christoffer & Clausen, Lasse Røngaard & Algren, Loui & Hansen, Anders Bavnhøj & Münster, Marie & Gadsbøll, Rasmus Østergaard & Haglind, Fredrik, 2017. "Optimization of a flexible multi-generation system based on wood chip gasification and methanol production," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 192(C), pages 337-359.
- Ridjan, Iva & Mathiesen, Brian Vad & Connolly, David & Duić, Neven, 2013. "The feasibility of synthetic fuels in renewable energy systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 76-84.
- Bach, Bjarne & Werling, Jesper & Ommen, Torben & Münster, Marie & Morales, Juan M. & Elmegaard, Brian, 2016. "Integration of large-scale heat pumps in the district heating systems of Greater Copenhagen," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 321-334.
- Damsø, Tue & Kjær, Tyge & Christensen, Thomas Budde, 2016. "Local climate action plans in climate change mitigation – examining the case of Denmark," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 74-83.
- Østergaard, Poul Alberg & Lund, Henrik, 2011. "A renewable energy system in Frederikshavn using low-temperature geothermal energy for district heating," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 479-487, February.
- Mathiesen, Brian Vad & Lund, Henrik & Connolly, David, 2012. "Limiting biomass consumption for heating in 100% renewable energy systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 160-168.
- Alberg Østergaard, Poul & Mathiesen, Brian Vad & Möller, Bernd & Lund, Henrik, 2010. "A renewable energy scenario for Aalborg Municipality based on low-temperature geothermal heat, wind power and biomass," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 4892-4901.
- Comodi, G. & Cioccolanti, L. & Gargiulo, M., 2012. "Municipal scale scenario: Analysis of an Italian seaside town with MarkAL-TIMES," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 303-315.
- Mathiesen, B.V. & Lund, H. & Connolly, D. & Wenzel, H. & Østergaard, P.A. & Möller, B. & Nielsen, S. & Ridjan, I. & Karnøe, P. & Sperling, K. & Hvelplund, F.K., 2015. "Smart Energy Systems for coherent 100% renewable energy and transport solutions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 139-154.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ma, Weiwu & Xue, Xinpei & Liu, Gang, 2018. "Techno-economic evaluation for hybrid renewable energy system: Application and merits," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 385-409.
- Hu, Guangxiao & Ma, Xiaoming & Ji, Junping, 2019. "Scenarios and policies for sustainable urban energy development based on LEAP model – A case study of a postindustrial city: Shenzhen China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 238(C), pages 876-886.
- Chévez, Pedro Joaquín & Martini, Irene & Discoli, Carlos, 2019. "Methodology developed for the construction of an urban-energy diagnosis aimed to assess alternative scenarios: An intra-urban approach to foster cities’ sustainability," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 237(C), pages 751-778.
- Quarton, Christopher J. & Samsatli, Sheila, 2018. "Power-to-gas for injection into the gas grid: What can we learn from real-life projects, economic assessments and systems modelling?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 302-316.
- Weinand, Jann Michael & Kleinebrahm, Max & McKenna, Russell & Mainzer, Kai & Fichtner, Wolf, 2019. "Developing a combinatorial optimisation approach to design district heating networks based on deep geothermal energy," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 251(C), pages 1-1.
- Jalil-Vega, F. & Hawkes, A.D., 2018. "Spatially resolved model for studying decarbonisation pathways for heat supply and infrastructure trade-offs," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 210(C), pages 1051-1072.
- Birol Kılkış & Şiir Kılkış, 2018. "Hydrogen Economy Model for Nearly Net-Zero Cities with Exergy Rationale and Energy-Water Nexus," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(5), pages 1-33, May.
- Cosme Segador-Vegas & Justo García-Sanz-Calcedo & Daniel Encinas-Martín, 2018. "Determination of the Energy Behaviour in Municipalities with Fewer than 6000 Inhabitants in Badajoz (Spain)," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(9), pages 1-16, August.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy system modelling; Urban energy scenarios; Renewable energy; Mixed-integer linear optimization; Energy conversion; Electrolysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:195:y:2017:i:c:p:922-941. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.