Energy and economic analysis of an ICE-based variable speed-operated micro-cogenerator
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Allen, S.R. & Hammond, G.P. & McManus, M.C., 2008. "Prospects for and barriers to domestic micro-generation: A United Kingdom perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(6), pages 528-544, June.
- Chicco, Gianfranco & Mancarella, Pierluigi, 2008. "Assessment of the greenhouse gas emissions from cogeneration and trigeneration systems. Part I: Models and indicators," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 410-417.
- Bouffard, François & Kirschen, Daniel S., 2008. "Centralised and distributed electricity systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4504-4508, December.
- Ruan, Yingjun & Liu, Qingrong & Zhou, Weiguo & Firestone, Ryan & Gao, Weijun & Watanabe, Toshiyuki, 2009. "Optimal option of distributed generation technologies for various commercial buildings," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(9), pages 1641-1653, September.
- Mancarella, Pierluigi & Chicco, Gianfranco, 2009. "Global and local emission impact assessment of distributed cogeneration systems with partial-load models," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 2096-2106, October.
- Peacock, A.D. & Newborough, M., 2008. "Effect of heat-saving measures on the CO2 savings attributable to micro-combined heat and power (μCHP) systems in UK dwellings," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 601-612.
- Kaikko, Juha & Backman, Jari, 2007. "Technical and economic performance analysis for a microturbine in combined heat and power generation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 378-387.
- Chicco, Gianfranco & Mancarella, Pierluigi, 2009. "Distributed multi-generation: A comprehensive view," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 535-551, April.
- Badami, M. & Mura, M. & Campanile, P. & Anzioso, F., 2008. "Design and performance evaluation of an innovative small scale combined cycle cogeneration system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1264-1276.
- Badami, M. & Casetti, A. & Campanile, P. & Anzioso, F., 2007. "Performance of an innovative 120kWe natural gas cogeneration system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 823-833.
- Cardona, E. & Piacentino, A., 2005. "Cogeneration: a regulatory framework toward growth," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(16), pages 2100-2111, November.
- Mancarella, Pierluigi & Chicco, Gianfranco, 2008. "Assessment of the greenhouse gas emissions from cogeneration and trigeneration systems. Part II: Analysis techniques and application cases," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 418-430.
- Mundaca, Luis, 2007. "Transaction costs of Tradable White Certificate schemes: The Energy Efficiency Commitment as case study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4340-4354, August.
- Monteiro, Eliseu & Moreira, Nuno Afonso & Ferreira, Sérgio, 2009. "Planning of micro-combined heat and power systems in the Portuguese scenario," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 290-298, March.
- Hawkes, A.D. & Leach, M.A., 2007. "Cost-effective operating strategy for residential micro-combined heat and power," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 711-723.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kamel, Rashad M., 2014. "Employing two novel mechanical fault ride through controllers for keeping stability of fixed speed wind generation systems hosted by standalone micro-grid," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 398-408.
- Chmielewski, Adrian & Gumiński, Robert & Mączak, Jędrzej & Radkowski, Stanisław & Szulim, Przemysław, 2016. "Aspects of balanced development of RES and distributed micro-cogeneration use in Poland: Case study of a µCHP with Stirling engine," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 930-952.
- Chatzopoulou, Maria Anna & Markides, Christos N., 2018. "Thermodynamic optimisation of a high-electrical efficiency integrated internal combustion engine – Organic Rankine cycle combined heat and power system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 226(C), pages 1229-1251.
- Kohl, T. & Laukkanen, T. & Tuomaala, M. & Niskanen, T. & Siitonen, S. & Järvinen, M.P. & Ahtila, P., 2014. "Comparison of energy efficiency assessment methods: Case Bio-SNG process," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 88-98.
- Comodi, Gabriele & Cioccolanti, Luca & Renzi, Massimiliano, 2014. "Modelling the Italian household sector at the municipal scale: Micro-CHP, renewables and energy efficiency," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 92-103.
- Bianchi, Michele & De Pascale, Andrea & Spina, Pier Ruggero, 2012. "Guidelines for residential micro-CHP systems design," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 673-685.
- Ren, Hongbo & Zhou, Weisheng & Gao, Weijun, 2012. "Optimal option of distributed energy systems for building complexes in different climate zones in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 156-165.
- Comodi, Gabriele & Cioccolanti, Luca & Polonara, Fabio & Brandoni, Caterina, 2012. "Local authorities in the context of energy and climate policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 737-748.
- Guo, Shaopeng & Zhao, Jun & Wang, Weilong & Yan, Jinyue & Jin, Guang & Wang, Xiaotong, 2017. "Techno-economic assessment of mobilized thermal energy storage for distributed users: A case study in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 194(C), pages 481-486.
- Bianchi, M. & De Pascale, A. & Melino, F., 2013. "Performance analysis of an integrated CHP system with thermal and Electric Energy Storage for residential application," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 928-938.
- Dong, Guangyu & Morgan, Robert & Heikal, Morgan, 2015. "A novel split cycle internal combustion engine with integral waste heat recovery," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 744-753.
- Yun, Kyung Tae & Cho, Heejin & Luck, Rogelio & Mago, Pedro J., 2013. "Modeling of reciprocating internal combustion engines for power generation and heat recovery," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 327-335.
- Maghanki, Maryam Mohammadi & Ghobadian, Barat & Najafi, Gholamhassan & Galogah, Reza Janzadeh, 2013. "Micro combined heat and power (MCHP) technologies and applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 510-524.
- Zhu, Shunmin & Yu, Guoyao & O, Jongmin & Xu, Tao & Wu, Zhanghua & Dai, Wei & Luo, Ercang, 2018. "Modeling and experimental investigation of a free-piston Stirling engine-based micro-combined heat and power system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 226(C), pages 522-533.
- Barelli, L. & Barluzzi, E. & Bidini, G., 2011. "Modeling of a 1Â MW cogenerative internal combustion engine for diagnostic scopes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(8), pages 2702-2712, August.
- Meybodi, Mehdi Aghaei & Behnia, Masud, 2011. "Impact of carbon tax on internal combustion engine size selection in a medium scale CHP system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 5153-5163.
- Rachtan, W. & Malinowski, L., 2013. "An approximate expression for part-load performance of a microturbine combined heat and power system heat recovery unit," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 146-153.
- Nikolaos Kalantzis & Antonios Pezouvanis & Kambiz M. Ebrahimi, 2017. "Internal Combustion Engine Model for Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Systems Design," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(12), pages 1-14, November.
- Basrawi, Firdaus & Ibrahim, Thamir K. & Habib, Khairul & Yamada, Takanobu, 2016. "Effect of operation strategies on the economic and environmental performance of a micro gas turbine trigeneration system in a tropical region," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 262-272.
- Barbieri, Enrico Saverio & Spina, Pier Ruggero & Venturini, Mauro, 2012. "Analysis of innovative micro-CHP systems to meet household energy demands," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 723-733.
- Comodi, G. & Cioccolanti, L. & Gargiulo, M., 2012. "Municipal scale scenario: Analysis of an Italian seaside town with MarkAL-TIMES," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 303-315.
- Badami, M. & Camillieri, F. & Portoraro, A. & Vigliani, E., 2014. "Energetic and economic assessment of cogeneration plants: A comparative design and experimental condition study," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 255-262.
More about this item
KeywordsDistributed generation Cogeneration Micro-CHP plant Internal Combustion Engine Variable speed Economic feasibility;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:88:y:2011:i:3:p:659-671. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.