Accounting for external costs in a study of a Swedish district-heating system - An assessment of environmental policies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Sterner & U. Martin Persson, 2008.
"An Even Sterner Review: Introducing Relative Prices into the Discounting Debate,"
Review of Environmental Economics and Policy,
Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 2(1), pages 61-76, Winter.
- Sterner, Thomas & Persson, U. Martin, 2007. "An Even Sterner Review: Introducing Relative Prices into the Discounting Debate," Discussion Papers dp-07-37, Resources For the Future.
- Tol, Richard S. J., 2005. "The marginal damage costs of carbon dioxide emissions: an assessment of the uncertainties," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(16), pages 2064-2074, November.
- Krewitt, Wolfram, 2002. "External costs of energy--do the answers match the questions?: Looking back at 10 years of ExternE," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 839-848, August.
- El-Kordy, M.N & Badr, M.A & Abed, K.A & Ibrahim, Said M.A, 2002. "Economical evaluation of electricity generation considering externalities," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 317-328.
- Mirasgedis, S. & Diakoulaki, D. & Papagiannakis, L. & Zervos, A., 2000. "Impact of social costing on the competitiveness of renewable energies: the case of Crete," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 65-73, January.
- Freeman III, A. Myrick, 1996. "Estimating the environmental costs of electricity: an overview and review of the issues," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 347-362, December.
- Roth, Ian F. & Ambs, Lawrence L., 2004. "Incorporating externalities into a full cost approach to electric power generation life-cycle costing," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 2125-2144.
- Rafaj, Peter & Kypreos, Socrates, 2007. "Internalisation of external cost in the power generation sector: Analysis with Global Multi-regional MARKAL model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 828-843, February.
- Fahlén, E. & Ahlgren, E.O., 2009. "Assessment of integration of different biomass gasification alternatives in a district-heating system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2184-2195.
- Spalding-Fecher, Randall & Matibe, David Khorommbi, 2003. "Electricity and externalities in South Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 721-734, June.
- Karlsson, Asa & Gustavsson, Leif, 2003. "External costs and taxes in heat supply systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(14), pages 1541-1560, November.
- Kudelko, Mariusz, 2006. "Internalisation of external costs in the Polish power generation sector: A partial equilibrium model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3409-3422, December.
- Holmgren, Kristina & Amiri, Shahnaz, 2007. "Internalising external costs of electricity and heat production in a municipal energy system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 5242-5253, October.
- Das, Anjana & Rossetti di Valdalbero, Domenico & Virdis, Maria R., 2007. "ACROPOLIS: An example of international collaboration in the field of energy modelling to support greenhouse gases mitigation policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 763-771, February.
- Bakken, Jon Iver & Lucas, Nigel, 1996. "Integrated resource planning and environmental pricing in a competitive and deregulated electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 239-244, March.
- Kosugi, Takanobu & Tokimatsu, Koji & Kurosawa, Atsushi & Itsubo, Norihiro & Yagita, Hiroshi & Sakagami, Masaji, 2009. "Internalization of the external costs of global environmental damage in an integrated assessment model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2664-2678, July.
- Eyre, Nick, 1997. "External costs : What do they mean for energy policy?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 85-95, January.
- Klaassen, Ger & Riahi, Keywan, 2007. "Internalizing externalities of electricity generation: An analysis with MESSAGE-MACRO," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 815-827, February.
- Vollebergh, Herman, 1997. "Environmental externalities and social optimality in biomass markets: waste-to-energy in The Netherlands and biofuels in France," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 605-621, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mavrotas, George & Gakis, Nikos & Skoulaxinou, Sotiria & Katsouros, Vassilis & Georgopoulou, Elena, 2015. "Municipal solid waste management and energy production: Consideration of external cost through multi-objective optimization and its effect on waste-to-energy solutions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 1205-1222.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:107:y:2017:i:c:p:437-447 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:126:y:2017:i:c:p:165-178 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ma, Ding & Chen, Wenying & Yin, Xiang & Wang, Lining, 2016. "Quantifying the co-benefits of decarbonisation in China’s steel sector: An integrated assessment approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 1225-1237.
- Comodi, Gabriele & Cioccolanti, Luca & Polonara, Fabio & Brandoni, Caterina, 2012. "Local authorities in the context of energy and climate policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 737-748.
- Colmenar-Santos, Antonio & Rosales-Asensio, Enrique & Borge-Diez, David & Blanes-Peiró, Jorge-Juan, 2016. "District heating and cogeneration in the EU-28: Current situation, potential and proposed energy strategy for its generalisation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 621-639.
- Truong, Nguyen Le & Gustavsson, Leif, 2014. "Minimum-cost district heat production systems of different sizes under different environmental and social cost scenarios," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 881-893.
- Li, Hengchong & Yang, Siyu & Zhang, Jun & Kraslawski, Andrzej & Qian, Yu, 2014. "Analysis of rationality of coal-based synthetic natural gas (SNG) production in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 180-188.
- Li, Hailong & Sun, Qie & Zhang, Qi & Wallin, Fredrik, 2015. "A review of the pricing mechanisms for district heating systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 56-65.
More about this item
KeywordsExternal costs Environmental policy District heating;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:9:p:4909-4920. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.