Producer responsibility and recycling solar photovoltaic modules
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sterner, Thomas, 2007. "Fuel taxes: An important instrument for climate policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3194-3202, June.
- van Sark, W.G.J.H.M. & Brandsen, G.W. & Fleuster, M. & Hekkert, M.P., 2007. "Analysis of the silicon market: Will thin films profit?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3121-3125, June.
- Owen, Anthony D., 2006. "Renewable energy: Externality costs as market barriers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 632-642, March.
- Roth, Ian F. & Ambs, Lawrence L., 2004. "Incorporating externalities into a full cost approach to electric power generation life-cycle costing," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 2125-2144.
- Kenny, R. & Law, C. & Pearce, J.M., 2010. "Towards real energy economics: Energy policy driven by life-cycle carbon emission," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1969-1978, April.
- Fthenakis, Vasilis M., 2000. "End-of-life management and recycling of PV modules," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(14), pages 1051-1058, November.
- Branker, K. & Pearce, J.M., 2010. "Financial return for government support of large-scale thin-film solar photovoltaic manufacturing in Canada," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4291-4303, August.
- Mathews, John, 2007. "Seven steps to curb global warming," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4247-4259, August.
- Tsoutsos, Theocharis & Frantzeskaki, Niki & Gekas, Vassilis, 2005. "Environmental impacts from the solar energy technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 289-296, February.
- Sinha, Parikhit & Kriegner, Christopher J. & Schew, William A. & Kaczmar, Swiatoslav W. & Traister, Matthew & Wilson, David J., 2008. "Regulatory policy governing cadmium-telluride photovoltaics: A case study contrasting life cycle management with the precautionary principle," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 381-387, January.
- Eyre, Nick, 1997. "External costs : What do they mean for energy policy?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 85-95, January.
- Jäger-Waldau, Arnulf, 2007. "Photovoltaics and renewable energies in Europe," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(7), pages 1414-1437, September.
- Flavin, Chris & Lenssen, Nicholas, 1992. "Policies for a solar economy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 245-256, March.
- Jeffrey A. Dubin & Geoffrey S. Rothwell, 1990. "Subsidy To Nuclear Power Through Price-Anderson Liability Limit," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 8(3), pages 73-79, July.
- Klaassen, Ger & Riahi, Keywan, 2007. "Internalizing externalities of electricity generation: An analysis with MESSAGE-MACRO," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 815-827, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Goe, Michele & Gaustad, Gabrielle, 2014. "Strengthening the case for recycling photovoltaics: An energy payback analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 41-48.
- Akinyele, D.O. & Rayudu, R.K. & Nair, N.K.C., 2015. "Global progress in photovoltaic technologies and the scenario of development of solar panel plant and module performance estimation − Application in Nigeria," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 112-139.
- Judith A. Cherni & Raúl Olalde Font & Lucía Serrano & Felipe Henao & Antonio Urbina, 2016. "Systematic Assessment of Carbon Emissions from Renewable Energy Access to Improve Rural Livelihoods," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(12), pages 1-19, December.
- Cyrs, William D. & Avens, Heather J. & Capshaw, Zachary A. & Kingsbury, Robert A. & Sahmel, Jennifer & Tvermoes, Brooke E., 2014. "Landfill waste and recycling: Use of a screening-level risk assessment tool for end-of-life cadmium telluride (CdTe) thin-film photovoltaic (PV) panels," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 524-533.
- Wang Hongwei & Zhang Kai & Vanessa Yanhua Zhang, . "The Impacts and Interaction of Upstream and Downstream Policies for the Solar Photovoltaic Industries of China," Chapters, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Kang, Sukmin & Yoo, Sungyeol & Lee, Jina & Boo, Bonghyun & Ryu, Hojin, 2012. "Experimental investigations for recycling of silicon and glass from waste photovoltaic modules," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 152-159.
- Cucchiella, Federica & D׳Adamo, Idiano & Rosa, Paolo, 2015. "End-of-Life of used photovoltaic modules: A financial analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 552-561.
- Cherrington, R. & Goodship, V. & Meredith, J. & Wood, B.M. & Coles, S.R. & Vuillaume, A. & Feito-Boirac, A. & Spee, F. & Kirwan, K., 2012. "Producer responsibility: Defining the incentive for recycling composite wind turbine blades in Europe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 13-21.
- Aman, M.M. & Solangi, K.H. & Hossain, M.S. & Badarudin, A. & Jasmon, G.B. & Mokhlis, H. & Bakar, A.H.A. & Kazi, S.N, 2015. "A review of Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) issues of solar energy system," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1190-1204.
- Cherrington, R. & Goodship, V. & Longfield, A. & Kirwan, K., 2013. "The feed-in tariff in the UK: A case study focus on domestic photovoltaic systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 421-426.
- Alyami, Saleh. H. & Rezgui, Yacine & Kwan, Alan, 2013. "Developing sustainable building assessment scheme for Saudi Arabia: Delphi consultation approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 43-54.
- Parisi, Maria Laura & Maranghi, Simone & Basosi, Riccardo, 2014. "The evolution of the dye sensitized solar cells from Grätzel prototype to up-scaled solar applications: A life cycle assessment approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 124-138.
- Paiano, Annarita, 2015. "Photovoltaic waste assessment in Italy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 99-112.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:82:y:2018:i:p3:p:2934-2945 is not listed on IDEAS
- Perez-Gallardo, J.R. & Azzaro-Pantel, C. & Astier, S. & Domenech, S. & Aguilar-Lasserre, A., 2014. "Ecodesign of photovoltaic grid-connected systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 82-97.
- Tammaro, Marco & Rimauro, Juri & Fiandra, Valeria & Salluzzo, Antonio, 2015. "Thermal treatment of waste photovoltaic module for recovery and recycling: Experimental assessment of the presence of metals in the gas emissions and in the ashes," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 103-112.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Zafirakis, D. & Stavropoulou, V. & Kaldelli, El., 2012. "Optimum wind- and photovoltaic-based stand-alone systems on the basis of life cycle energy analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 345-357.
- Songi Kim & Bongju Jeong, 2016. "Closed-Loop Supply Chain Planning Model for a Photovoltaic System Manufacturer with Internal and External Recycling," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-17, June.
- Michael Redlinger & Roderick Eggert & Michael Woodhouse, 2014. "Evaluating the Availability of Gallium, Indium, and Tellurium from Recycled Photovoltaic Modules," Working Papers 2014-09, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
- Ornella Malandrino & Daniela Sica & Mario Testa & Stefania Supino, 2017. "Policies and Measures for Sustainable Management of Solar Panel End-of-Life in Italy," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-15, March.
- Yolanda Lechón & Natalia Caldés & Pedro Linares, 2013. "Environmental implications of energy production," Chapters,in: International Handbook of Energy Security, chapter 16, pages 345-385 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aotian Song & Lin Lu & Zhizhao Liu & Man Sing Wong, 2016. "A Study of Incentive Policies for Building-Integrated Photovoltaic Technology in Hong Kong," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-21, August.
- Ronnie D. Lipschutz & Dustin Mulvaney, 2013. "The road not taken, round II: centralized vs. distributed energy strategies and human security," Chapters,in: International Handbook of Energy Security, chapter 22, pages 483-506 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsRecycling Photovoltaic Manufacturing responsibility;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:11:p:7041-7047. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.