Diverting indirect subsidies from the nuclear industry to the photovoltaic industry: Energy and financial returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fthenakis, Vasilis M. & Kim, Hyung Chul, 2007. "Greenhouse-gas emissions from solar electric- and nuclear power: A life-cycle study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2549-2557, April.
- Stephen Tokarick, 1996. "Export promotion: the role of transportation subsidies," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(4), pages 50-63, September.
- Anthony G. Heyes & Catherine Liston-Heyes, 1998. "Subsidy To Nuclear Power Through Price-Anderson Liability Limit: Comment," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 16(1), pages 122-124, January.
- Kenny, R. & Law, C. & Pearce, J.M., 2010. "Towards real energy economics: Energy policy driven by life-cycle carbon emission," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1969-1978, April.
- Branker, K. & Pearce, J.M., 2010. "Financial return for government support of large-scale thin-film solar photovoltaic manufacturing in Canada," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4291-4303, August.
- Neij, Lena, 2008. "Cost development of future technologies for power generation--A study based on experience curves and complementary bottom-up assessments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 2200-2211, June.
- Trebilcock, Michael & Winter, Ralph A., 1997. "The economics of nuclear accident law," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 215-243, June.
- Jeffrey A. Dubin & Geoffrey S. Rothwell, 1990. "Subsidy To Nuclear Power Through Price-Anderson Liability Limit," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 8(3), pages 73-79, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gonzalez, Asa O. & Karali, Berna & Wetzstein, Michael E., 2012. "A public policy aid for bioenergy investment: Case study of failed plants," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 465-473.
- Joshua M. Pearce, 2012. "Limitations of Nuclear Power as a Sustainable Energy Source," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(6), pages 1-15, June.
- Peter M. Schwarz & Joseph A. Cochran, 2013. "Renaissance Or Requiem: Is Nuclear Energy Cost Effective In A Post-Fukushima World?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(4), pages 691-707, October.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:445-456 is not listed on IDEAS
- Branker, K. & Pathak, M.J.M. & Pearce, J.M., 2011. "A review of solar photovoltaic levelized cost of electricity," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4470-4482.
- Hartmann, Patrick & Apaolaza, Vanessa & D'Souza, Clare & Echebarria, Carmen & Barrutia, Jose M., 2013. "Nuclear power threats, public opposition and green electricity adoption: Effects of threat belief appraisal and fear arousal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1366-1376.
- Alafita, T. & Pearce, J.M., 2014. "Securitization of residential solar photovoltaic assets: Costs, risks and uncertainty," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 488-498.
- John J. Laureto & Joshua M. Pearce, 2016. "Nuclear Insurance Subsidies Cost from Post-Fukushima Accounting Based on Media Sources," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-16, December.
- Suna, Demet & Resch, Gustav, 2016. "Is nuclear economical in comparison to renewables?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 199-209.
- de Melo, Conrado Augustus & Jannuzzi, Gilberto de Martino & Bajay, Sergio Valdir, 2016. "Nonconventional renewable energy governance in Brazil: Lessons to learn from the German experience," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 222-234.
More about this item
KeywordsNuclear energy Nuclear insurance subsidy Photovoltaic energy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:39:y:2011:i:5:p:2626-2632. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.