Towards real energy economics: Energy policy driven by life-cycle carbon emission
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mathur, Jyotirmay & Bansal, Narendra Kumar & Wagner, Hermann-Joseph, 2004. "Dynamic energy analysis to assess maximum growth rates in developing power generation capacity: case study of India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 281-287, January.
- Fthenakis, Vasilis M. & Kim, Hyung Chul, 2007. "Greenhouse-gas emissions from solar electric- and nuclear power: A life-cycle study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2549-2557, April.
- Hondo, Hiroki, 2005. "Life cycle GHG emission analysis of power generation systems: Japanese case," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2042-2056.
- Karsten Neuhoff, 2005.
"Large-Scale Deployment of Renewables for Electricity Generation,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 21(1), pages 88-110, Spring.
- Neuhoff, K., 2004. "Large Scale Deployment of Renewables for Electricity Generation," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0460, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Gagnon, Luc & Belanger, Camille & Uchiyama, Yohji, 2002. "Life-cycle assessment of electricity generation options: The status of research in year 2001," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(14), pages 1267-1278, November.
- Tremeac, Brice & Meunier, Francis, 2009. "Life cycle analysis of 4.5Â MW and 250Â W wind turbines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(8), pages 2104-2110, October.
- Mortimer, N. D., 1991. "Energy analysis of renewable energy sources," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 374-385, May.
- Sims, Ralph E. H. & Rogner, Hans-Holger & Gregory, Ken, 2003. "Carbon emission and mitigation cost comparisons between fossil fuel, nuclear and renewable energy resources for electricity generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(13), pages 1315-1326, October.
- Martínez, E. & Sanz, F. & Pellegrini, S. & Jiménez, E. & Blanco, J., 2009. "Life cycle assessment of a multi-megawatt wind turbine," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 667-673.
- de Vries, Bert J.M. & van Vuuren, Detlef P. & Hoogwijk, Monique M., 2007. "Renewable energy sources: Their global potential for the first-half of the 21st century at a global level: An integrated approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2590-2610, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Macías, Arturo & Matilla-García, Mariano, 2015.
"Net energy analysis in a Ramsey–Hotelling growth model,"
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 562-573.
- Arturo Macías & Mariano Matilla-García, 2012. "Net energy analysis in a Ramsey-Hotelling growth model," Working Papers 1217, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- John Foster & Liam Wagner, 2014. "International experience with transformations in electricity markets: A Short Literature Review," Energy Economics and Management Group Working Papers 2-2014, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Quiggin, Daniel & Cornell, Sarah & Tierney, Michael & Buswell, Richard, 2012. "A simulation and optimisation study: Towards a decentralised microgrid, using real world fluctuation data," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 549-559.
- Pathak, M.J.M. & Sanders, P.G. & Pearce, J.M., 2014. "Optimizing limited solar roof access by exergy analysis of solar thermal, photovoltaic, and hybrid photovoltaic thermal systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 115-124.
- Kessides, Ioannis N. & Wade, David C., 2011.
"Towards a sustainable global energy supply infrastructure: Net energy balance and density considerations,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5322-5334, September.
- Ioannis N. Kessides & David C. Wade, 2010. "Towards a Sustainable Global Energy Supply Infrastructure: Net Energy Balance and Density Considerations," RSCAS Working Papers 2010/72, European University Institute.
- Kessides, Ioannis N. & Wade, David C., 2011. "Toward a sustainable global energy supply infrastructure : net energy balance and density considerations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5539, The World Bank.
- Nosrat, Amir H. & Swan, Lukas G. & Pearce, Joshua M., 2013. "Improved performance of hybrid photovoltaic-trigeneration systems over photovoltaic-cogen systems including effects of battery storage," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 366-374.
- Usubiaga, Arkaitz & Acosta-Fernández, José & McDowall, Will & Li, Francis G.N., 2017. "Exploring the macro-scale CO2 mitigation potential of photovoltaics and wind energy in Europe's energy transition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 203-213.
- Joshua M. Pearce, 2012. "Limitations of Nuclear Power as a Sustainable Energy Source," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(6), pages 1-15, June.
- Serrano-Luján, Lucía & Espinosa, Nieves & Abad, Jose & Urbina, Antonio, 2017. "The greenest decision on photovoltaic system allocation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 1348-1356.
- Branker, K. & Pearce, J.M., 2010. "Financial return for government support of large-scale thin-film solar photovoltaic manufacturing in Canada," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4291-4303, August.
- Astariz, S. & Iglesias, G., 2015. "The economics of wave energy: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 397-408.
- Bayer, Peter & Saner, Dominik & Bolay, Stephan & Rybach, Ladislaus & Blum, Philipp, 2012. "Greenhouse gas emission savings of ground source heat pump systems in Europe: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 1256-1267.
- Solangi, K.H. & Islam, M.R. & Saidur, R. & Rahim, N.A. & Fayaz, H., 2011. "A review on global solar energy policy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 2149-2163, May.
- Moreira, João M.L. & Cesaretti, Marcos A. & Carajilescov, Pedro & Maiorino, José R., 2015. "Sustainability deterioration of electricity generation in Brazil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 334-346.
- Heidari, Negin & Pearce, Joshua M., 2016. "A review of greenhouse gas emission liabilities as the value of renewable energy for mitigating lawsuits for climate change related damages," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 899-908.
- Borzoni, Matteo, 2011. "Multi-scale integrated assessment of soybean biodiesel in Brazil," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2028-2038, September.
- Acquaye, Adolf & Duffy, Aidan & Basu, Biswajit, 2011. "Embodied emissions abatement--A policy assessment using stochastic analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 429-441, January.
- McDonald, N.C. & Pearce, J.M., 2010. "Producer responsibility and recycling solar photovoltaic modules," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7041-7047, November.
- Li, Kewen & Bian, Huiyuan & Liu, Changwei & Zhang, Danfeng & Yang, Yanan, 2015. "Comparison of geothermal with solar and wind power generation systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1464-1474.
- Rubio Rodríguez, M.A. & Feitó Cespón, M. & De Ruyck, J. & Ocaña Guevara, V.S. & Verma, V.K., 2013. "Life cycle modeling of energy matrix scenarios, Belgian power and partial heat mixes as case study," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 329-337.
- Nugent, Daniel & Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2014. "Assessing the lifecycle greenhouse gas emissions from solar PV and wind energy: A critical meta-survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 229-244.
- Mundada, Aishwarya S. & Shah, Kunal K. & Pearce, J.M., 2016. "Levelized cost of electricity for solar photovoltaic, battery and cogen hybrid systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 692-703.
- Yong Jiang & Yalin Lei & Li Li & Jianping Ge, 2016. "Mechanism of Fiscal and Taxation Policies in the Geothermal Industry in China," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(9), pages 1-20, September.
- Zelenika-Zovko, I. & Pearce, J.M., 2011. "Diverting indirect subsidies from the nuclear industry to the photovoltaic industry: Energy and financial returns," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2626-2632, May.
More about this item
KeywordsGreenhouse gas emissions Renewable energy Climate change mitigation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:4:p:1969-1978. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.