Limitations of Nuclear Power as a Sustainable Energy Source
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David E. Clark & Tim Allison, 1999. "articles: Spent nuclear fuel and residential property values: the influence of proximity, visual cues and public information," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 78(4), pages 403-421.
- Fthenakis, Vasilis M. & Kim, Hyung Chul, 2007. "Greenhouse-gas emissions from solar electric- and nuclear power: A life-cycle study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2549-2557, April.
- Voorspools, Kris R. & D'haeseleer, William D., 2000. "An evaluation method for calculating the emission responsibility of specific electric applications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(13), pages 967-980, November.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1991:81:6:719-724_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hondo, Hiroki, 2005. "Life cycle GHG emission analysis of power generation systems: Japanese case," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2042-2056.
- Adamantiades, A. & Kessides, I., 2009. "Nuclear power for sustainable development: Current status and future prospects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5149-5166, December.
- Trebilcock, Michael & Winter, Ralph A., 1997. "The economics of nuclear accident law," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 215-243, June.
- Johansson, TB & Williams, RH & Ishitani, H & Edmonds, James A, 1996. "Options for reducing CO2 emissions from the energy supply sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(10-11), pages 985-1003.
- Kenny, R. & Law, C. & Pearce, J.M., 2010. "Towards real energy economics: Energy policy driven by life-cycle carbon emission," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1969-1978, April.
- Branker, K. & Pathak, M.J.M. & Pearce, J.M., 2011. "A review of solar photovoltaic levelized cost of electricity," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4470-4482.
- Clark David E. & Nieves Leslie A., 1994. "An Interregional Hedonic Analysis of Noxious Facility Impacts on Local Wages and Property Values," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 235-253, November.
- Zelenika-Zovko, I. & Pearce, J.M., 2011. "Diverting indirect subsidies from the nuclear industry to the photovoltaic industry: Energy and financial returns," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2626-2632, May.
- Jeffrey A. Dubin & Geoffrey S. Rothwell, 1990. "Subsidy To Nuclear Power Through Price-Anderson Liability Limit," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 8(3), pages 73-79, July.
- Sherman Folland & Robbin Hough, 2000. "Externalities of Nuclear Power Plants: Further Evidence," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 735-753.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Usubiaga, Arkaitz & Acosta-Fernández, José & McDowall, Will & Li, Francis G.N., 2017. "Exploring the macro-scale CO2 mitigation potential of photovoltaics and wind energy in Europe's energy transition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 203-213.
- Arnau González & Jordi-Roger Riba & Antoni Rius, 2015. "Optimal Sizing of a Hybrid Grid-Connected Photovoltaic–Wind–Biomass Power System," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(9), pages 1-20, September.
- Alexander V. Balatsky & Galina I. Balatsky & Stanislav S. Borysov, 2015. "Resource Demand Growth and Sustainability Due to Increased World Consumption," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(3), pages 1-11, March.
- Chuanwang Sun & Nan Lyu & Xiaoling Ouyang, 2014. "Chinese Public Willingness to Pay to Avoid Having Nuclear Power Plants in the Neighborhood," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(10), pages 1-27, October.
- John J. Laureto & Joshua M. Pearce, 2016. "Nuclear Insurance Subsidies Cost from Post-Fukushima Accounting Based on Media Sources," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-16, December.
More about this item
Keywordsnuclear energy; nuclear power; life cycle analysis; green wash; sustainability; nuclear insecurity; future;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:4:y:2012:i:6:p:1173-1187:d:18200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: http://www.mdpi.com/ .