Optimizing limited solar roof access by exergy analysis of solar thermal, photovoltaic, and hybrid photovoltaic thermal systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chow, T.T., 2010. "A review on photovoltaic/thermal hybrid solar technology," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 365-379, February.
- Zogou, Olympia & Stapountzis, Herricos, 2012. "Flow and heat transfer inside a PV/T collector for building application," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 103-115.
- Agrawal, Basant & Tiwari, G.N., 2010. "Optimizing the energy and exergy of building integrated photovoltaic thermal (BIPVT) systems under cold climatic conditions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 417-426, February.
- Sarhaddi, F. & Farahat, S. & Ajam, H. & Behzadmehr, A. & Mahdavi Adeli, M., 2010. "An improved thermal and electrical model for a solar photovoltaic thermal (PV/T) air collector," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(7), pages 2328-2339, July.
- Branker, K. & Pathak, M.J.M. & Pearce, J.M., 2011. "A review of solar photovoltaic levelized cost of electricity," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4470-4482.
- Erdil, Erzat & Ilkan, Mustafa & Egelioglu, Fuat, 2008. "An experimental study on energy generation with a photovoltaic (PV)–solar thermal hybrid system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1241-1245.
- Kar, A.Kerim, 1985. "Exergy efficiency and optimum operation of solar collectors," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 301-314.
- Amori, Karima E. & Taqi Al-Najjar, Hussein M., 2012. "Analysis of thermal and electrical performance of a hybrid (PV/T) air based solar collector for Iraq," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 384-395.
- Zogou, Olympia & Stapountzis, Herricos, 2011. "Energy analysis of an improved concept of integrated PV panels in an office building in central Greece," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 853-866, March.
- Zondag, H.A., 2008. "Flat-plate PV-Thermal collectors and systems: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 891-959, May.
- Mulder, Grietus & Six, Daan & Claessens, Bert & Broes, Thijs & Omar, Noshin & Mierlo, Joeri Van, 2013. "The dimensioning of PV-battery systems depending on the incentive and selling price conditions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 1126-1135.
- Farahat, S. & Sarhaddi, F. & Ajam, H., 2009. "Exergetic optimization of flat plate solar collectors," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1169-1174.
- Stuart Burness & Ronald Cummings & Glenn Morris & Inja Paik, 1980. "Thermodynamic and Economic Concepts as Related to Resource-Use Policies," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 56(1), pages 1-9.
- Shafiee, Shahriar & Topal, Erkan, 2009. "When will fossil fuel reserves be diminished?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 181-189, January.
- Nofuentes, G. & García-Domingo, B. & Muñoz, J.V. & Chenlo, F., 2014. "Analysis of the dependence of the spectral factor of some PV technologies on the solar spectrum distribution," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 302-309.
- Joshi, Anand S. & Dincer, Ibrahim & Reddy, Bale V., 2009. "Performance analysis of photovoltaic systems: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(8), pages 1884-1897, October.
- Chow, T.T. & Pei, G. & Fong, K.F. & Lin, Z. & Chan, A.L.S. & Ji, J., 2009. "Energy and exergy analysis of photovoltaic-thermal collector with and without glass cover," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 310-316, March.
- Suzuki, Akio, 1988. "General theory of exergy-balance analysis and application to solar collectors," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 153-160.
- Siddiqui, M.U. & Arif, A.F.M., 2013. "Electrical, thermal and structural performance of a cooled PV module: Transient analysis using a multiphysics model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 300-312.
- Lior, Noam & Zhang, Na, 2007. "Energy, exergy, and Second Law performance criteria," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 281-296.
- Kenny, R. & Law, C. & Pearce, J.M., 2010. "Towards real energy economics: Energy policy driven by life-cycle carbon emission," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1969-1978, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Otanicar, Todd P. & Theisen, Stephen & Norman, Tyler & Tyagi, Himanshu & Taylor, Robert A., 2015. "Envisioning advanced solar electricity generation: Parametric studies of CPV/T systems with spectral filtering and high temperature PV," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 224-233.
- Muhsen, Dhiaa Halboot & Khatib, Tamer & Nagi, Farrukh, 2017. "A review of photovoltaic water pumping system designing methods, control strategies and field performance," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P1), pages 70-86.
- Gholampour, Maysam & Ameri, Mehran, 2016. "Energy and exergy analyses of Photovoltaic/Thermal flat transpired collectors: Experimental and theoretical study," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 837-856.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:74:y:2017:i:c:p:755-770 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rozario, J. & Vora, A.H. & Debnath, S.K. & Pathak, M.J.M. & Pearce, J.M., 2014. "The effects of dispatch strategy on electrical performance of amorphous silicon-based solar photovoltaic-thermal systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 459-465.
- repec:eee:appene:v:206:y:2017:i:c:p:594-611 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hussein, Ahmed Kadhim, 2016. "Applications of nanotechnology to improve the performance of solar collectors – Recent advances and overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 767-792.
- Rozario, Joseph & Pearce, Joshua M., 2015. "Optimization of annealing cycles for electric output in outdoor conditions for amorphous silicon photovoltaic–thermal systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 134-141.
- Rawat, Rahul & Lamba, Ravita & Kaushik, S.C., 2017. "Thermodynamic study of solar photovoltaic energy conversion: An overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 630-638.
- Zheng, Danxing & Wu, Zhaohui & Huang, Weijia & Chen, Youhui, 2017. "Energy quality factor of materials conversion and energy quality reference system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P1), pages 768-778.
- Ooshaksaraei, Poorya & Sopian, Kamaruzzaman & Zaidi, Saleem H. & Zulkifli, Rozli, 2017. "Performance of four air-based photovoltaic thermal collectors configurations with bifacial solar cells," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(PB), pages 279-293.
- Oruc, Muhammed E. & Desai, Amit V. & Kenis, Paul J.A. & Nuzzo, Ralph G., 2016. "Comprehensive energy analysis of a photovoltaic thermal water electrolyzer," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 294-302.
- Kantamneni, Abhilash & Winkler, Richelle & Gauchia, Lucia & Pearce, Joshua M., 2016. "Emerging economic viability of grid defection in a northern climate using solar hybrid systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 378-389.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:839-854 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mundada, Aishwarya S. & Shah, Kunal K. & Pearce, J.M., 2016. "Levelized cost of electricity for solar photovoltaic, battery and cogen hybrid systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 692-703.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:78:y:2017:i:c:p:554-587 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lamnatou, Chr. & Mondol, J.D. & Chemisana, D. & Maurer, C., 2015. "Modelling and simulation of Building-Integrated solar thermal systems: Behaviour of the coupled building/system configuration," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 178-191.
- Yang, Feng & Du, Lin & Chen, Weigen & Li, Jian & Wang, Youyuan & Wang, Disheng, 2017. "Hybrid energy harvesting for condition monitoring sensors in power grids," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 435-445.
- Pavelka, Michal & Klika, Václav & Vágner, Petr & Maršík, František, 2015. "Generalization of exergy analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 158-172.
- Bicer, Yusuf & Dincer, Ibrahim, 2016. "Analysis and performance evaluation of a renewable energy based multigeneration system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 623-632.
- del Amo, Alejandro & Martínez-Gracia, Amaya & Bayod-Rújula, Angel A. & Antoñanzas, Javier, 2017. "An innovative urban energy system constituted by a photovoltaic/thermal hybrid solar installation: Design, simulation and monitoring," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 186(P2), pages 140-151.
- Michael, Jee Joe & S, Iniyan & Goic, Ranko, 2015. "Flat plate solar photovoltaic–thermal (PV/T) systems: A reference guide," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 62-88.
- Chen, Ze & Zhang, Xiao-dan & Fang, Jia & Liang, Jun-hui & Liang, Xue-jiao & Sun, Jian & Zhang, De-kun & Wang, Ning & Zhao, Hui-xu & Chen, Xin-liang & Huang, Qian & Wei, Chang-chun & Zhao, Ying, 2014. "Enhancement in electrical performance of thin-film silicon solar cells based on a micro- and nano-textured zinc oxide electrodes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 158-164.
More about this item
KeywordsExergy; PVT; Solar energy; Solar thermal; Photovoltaic; Photovoltaic thermal hybrid;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:120:y:2014:i:c:p:115-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.