Inequalities and externalities of power sector: A case of Broadlands hydropower project in Sri Lanka
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Venetsanos, Konstantinos & Angelopoulou, Penelope & Tsoutsos, Theocharis, 2002. "Renewable energy sources project appraisal under uncertainty: the case of wind energy exploitation within a changing energy market environment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 293-307, March.
- Shyamsundar, Priya & Kramer, Randall A., 1996. "Tropical Forest Protection: An Empirical Analysis of the Costs Borne by Local People," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 129-144, September.
- Nyborg, Karine, 2000. "Project analysis as input to public debate: Environmental valuation versus physical unit indicators," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 393-408, September.
- de Almeida, Aníbal T. & Moura, Pedro S. & Marques, Alféu S. & de Almeida, José L., 2005. "Multi-impact evaluation of new medium and large hydropower plants in Portugal centre region," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 149-167, April.
- Kaldellis, J. K. & Vlachou, D. S. & Korbakis, G., 2005. "Techno-economic evaluation of small hydro power plants in Greece: a complete sensitivity analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(15), pages 1969-1985, October.
- Kerry Smith, V., 1979. "Uncertainty and allocation decisions involving unique environmental resources," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 175-186, September.
- Brekke, Kjell Arne, 1997. "The numeraire matters in cost-benefit analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 117-123, April.
- Hanley, Nick & Craig, Stephen, 1991.
"Wilderness development decisions and the Krutilla-Fisher model: The case of Scotland's 'flow country',"
Elsevier, pages 145-164.
- Nick Hanley & Stephen Craig, 1991. "Wilderness Development Decisions and the Krutilla-Fisher Model: The Case of Scotland's 'Flow Country'," Working Papers Series 91/11, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Soderholm, Patrik & Sundqvist, Thomas, 2003. "Pricing environmental externalities in the power sector: ethical limits and implications for social choice," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 333-350, October.
- Krewitt, Wolfram, 2002. "External costs of energy--do the answers match the questions?: Looking back at 10 years of ExternE," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 839-848, August.
- Trussart, Serge & Messier, Danielle & Roquet, Vincent & Aki, Shuichi, 2002. "Hydropower projects: a review of most effective mitigation measures," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(14), pages 1251-1259, November.
- Torras, Mariano, 1999. "Inequality, Resource Depletion, and Welfare Accounting: Applications to Indonesia and Costa Rica," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 1191-1202, July.
- Batley, S. L. & Colbourne, D. & Fleming, P. D. & Urwin, P., 2001. "Citizen versus consumer: challenges in the UK green power market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 479-487, May.
- Kim, Sang-Hoon, 2007. "Evaluation of negative environmental impacts of electricity generation: Neoclassical and institutional approaches," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 413-423, January.
- Edinger, Raphael & Kaul, Sanjay, 2000. "Humankind's detour toward sustainability: past, present, and future of renewable energies and electric power generation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 295-313, September.
- Stewart, Frances, 1978. "Social cost-benefit analysis in practice: Some reflections in the light of case studies using Little-Mirrlees techniques," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 153-165, February.
- Somanathan, E., 2006.
"Valuing lives equally: Distributional weights for welfare analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 122-125, January.
- E.Somanathan, 2003. "Valuing lives equally: Distributional weights for welfare analysis," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 03-02, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Reddy, V. Ratna & Uitto, Juha I. & Frans, Dirk R. & Matin, Nilufar, 2006. "Achieving global environmental benefits through local development of clean energy? The case of small hilly hydel in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 4069-4080, December.
- Ghosh, Debyani & Shukla, P. R. & Garg, Amit & Ramana, P. Venkata, 2002. "Renewable energy technologies for the Indian power sector: mitigation potential and operational strategies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 6(6), pages 481-512, December.
- Martinot, Eric, 2001. "Renewable energy investment by the World Bank," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 689-699, July.
- El-Kordy, M.N & Badr, M.A & Abed, K.A & Ibrahim, Said M.A, 2002. "Economical evaluation of electricity generation considering externalities," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 317-328.
- Pehnt, Martin, 2006. "Dynamic life cycle assessment (LCA) of renewable energy technologies," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 55-71.
- Bergmann, Ariel & Hanley, Nick & Wright, Robert, 2006. "Valuing the attributes of renewable energy investments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1004-1014, June.
- Stirling, Andrew, 1997. "Limits to the value of external costs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 517-540, April.
- Egre, Dominique & Milewski, Joseph C., 2002. "The diversity of hydropower projects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(14), pages 1225-1230, November.
- Abbasi, S. A. & Abbasi, Naseema, 2000. "The likely adverse environmental impacts of renewable energy sources," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 121-144.
- Dincer, Ibrahim, 2000. "Renewable energy and sustainable development: a crucial review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 157-175, June.
- Nick Hanley & Jason Shogren, 2005. "Is Cost–Benefit Analysis Anomaly-Proof?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 32(1), pages 13-24, September.
- Roth, Ian F. & Ambs, Lawrence L., 2004. "Incorporating externalities into a full cost approach to electric power generation life-cycle costing," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 2125-2144.
- Gulli, Francesco, 2006. "Social choice, uncertainty about external costs and trade-off between intergenerational environmental impacts: The emblematic case of gas-based energy supply decentralization," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 282-305, May.
- Farrow, Scott, 1998. "Environmental equity and sustainability: rejecting the Kaldor-Hicks criteria," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 183-188, November.
- Bugaje, I.M., 2006. "Renewable energy for sustainable development in Africa: a review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 10(6), pages 603-612, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Morimoto, Risako, 2013. "Incorporating socio-environmental considerations into project assessment models using multi-criteria analysis: A case study of Sri Lankan hydropower projects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 643-653.
More about this item
KeywordsDistributional weights Externality Hydropower;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:2:p:726-734. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .