Local challenges in the promotion of renewable energy sources: The case of Crete
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tsioliaridou, E. & Bakos, G.C. & Stadler, M., 2006. "A new energy planning methodology for the penetration of renewable energy technologies in electricity sector--application for the island of Crete," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3757-3764, December.
- Bakos, G. C. & Soursos, M., 2002. "Techno-economic assessment of a stand-alone PV/hybrid installation for low-cost electrification of a tourist resort in Greece," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 183-193, October.
- Adil Najam & Cutler Cleveland, 2003. "Energy and Sustainable Development at Global Environmental Summits: An Evolving Agenda," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 117-138, March.
- Ornetzeder, Michael & Rohracher, Harald, 2006. "User-led innovations and participation processes: lessons from sustainable energy technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 138-150, January.
- Mourelatos, A & Assimacopoulos, D & Papagiannakis, L & Zervos, A, 1998. "Large-scale integration of renewable energy sources an action plan for Crete," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(10), pages 751-763, August.
- Tsoutsos, Theocharis & Mavrogiannis, Ioannis & Karapanagiotis, Nikolas & Tselepis, Stathis & Agoris, Dimosthenis, 2004. "An analysis of the Greek photovoltaic market," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 49-72, February.
- Wagner, Alfred, 1891. "Marshall's Principles of Economics," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 5, pages 319-338.
- Gross, Catherine, 2007. "Community perspectives of wind energy in Australia: The application of a justice and community fairness framework to increase social acceptance," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2727-2736, May.
- Mirasgedis, S. & Diakoulaki, D. & Papagiannakis, L. & Zervos, A., 2000. "Impact of social costing on the competitiveness of renewable energies: the case of Crete," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 65-73, January.
- Woolcock, Michael & Narayan, Deepa, 2000. "Social Capital: Implications for Development Theory, Research, and Policy," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 15(2), pages 225-249, August.
- Delre, S.A. & Jager, W. & Bijmolt, T.H.A. & Janssen, M.A., 2007. "Targeting and timing promotional activities: An agent-based model for the takeoff of new products," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(8), pages 826-835, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karakosta, Charikleia & Flouri, Maria & Dimopoulou, Stamatia & Psarras, John, 2012. "Analysis of renewable energy progress in the western Balkan countries: Bosnia–Herzegovina and Serbia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 5166-5175.
- Hills, Jeremy M. & Michalena, Evanthie, 2017. "Renewable energy pioneers are threatened by EU policy reform," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 26-36.
- Kuang, Yonghong & Zhang, Yongjun & Zhou, Bin & Li, Canbing & Cao, Yijia & Li, Lijuan & Zeng, Long, 2016. "A review of renewable energy utilization in islands," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 504-513.
- Marques, António Cardoso & Fuinhas, José Alberto, 2011. "Drivers promoting renewable energy: A dynamic panel approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 1601-1608, April.
- repec:eee:appene:v:211:y:2018:i:c:p:792-808 is not listed on IDEAS
- Angeliki N. Menegaki & Serkan Gurluk, 2013. "Greece & Turkey; Assessment and Comparison of Their Renewable Energy Performance," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 3(4), pages 367-383.
- Seetharaman, A. & Sandanaraj, Lourdu Leo & Moorthy, M. Krishna & Saravanan, A.S., 2016. "Enterprise framework for renewable energy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1368-1381.
- Riva Sanseverino, Eleonora & Riva Sanseverino, Raffaella & Favuzza, Salvatore & Vaccaro, Valentina, 2014. "Near zero energy islands in the Mediterranean: Supporting policies and local obstacles," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 592-602.
- Gottschamer, L. & Zhang, Q., 2016. "Interactions of factors impacting implementation and sustainability of renewable energy sourced electricity," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 164-174.
- Kostakis, I. & Sardianou, E., 2012. "Which factors affect the willingness of tourists to pay for renewable energy?," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 169-172.
- Yaqoot, Mohammed & Diwan, Parag & Kandpal, Tara C., 2016. "Review of barriers to the dissemination of decentralized renewable energy systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 477-490.
- Kambezidis, Harry D. & Kasselouri, Barbara & Konidari, Popi, 2011. "Evaluating policy options for increasing the RES-E penetration in Greece," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5388-5398, September.
- Thomas Hoppe & Antonia Graf & Beau Warbroek & Imke Lammers & Isabella Lepping, 2015. "Local Governments Supporting Local Energy Initiatives: Lessons from the Best Practices of Saerbeck (Germany) and Lochem (The Netherlands)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1-32, February.
- Rae, Callum & Bradley, Fiona, 2012. "Energy autonomy in sustainable communities—A review of key issues," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(9), pages 6497-6506.
- Stigka, Eleni K. & Paravantis, John A. & Mihalakakou, Giouli K., 2014. "Social acceptance of renewable energy sources: A review of contingent valuation applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 100-106.
- Thiam, Djiby Racine, 2011. "An energy pricing scheme for the diffusion of decentralized renewable technology investment in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4284-4297, July.
- Comodi, Gabriele & Cioccolanti, Luca & Polonara, Fabio & Brandoni, Caterina, 2012. "Local authorities in the context of energy and climate policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 737-748.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:580-591 is not listed on IDEAS
- Menegaki, Angeliki N., 2012. "A social marketing mix for renewable energy in Europe based on consumer stated preference surveys," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 30-39.
- Lee, Taehwa & Lee, Taedong & Lee, Yujin, 2014. "An experiment for urban energy autonomy in Seoul: The One ‘Less’ Nuclear Power Plant policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 311-318.
- Katsaprakakis, Dimitris Al. & Christakis, Dimitris G., 2016. "The exploitation of electricity production projects from Renewable Energy Sources for the social and economic development of remote communities. The case of Greece: An example to avoid," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 341-349.
More about this item
KeywordsLocal governance Renewable energy sources Islander territories;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:37:y:2009:i:5:p:2018-2026. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .